Do you think this assessment of 'light/dark orientated' tendency is correct? Why/Why Not?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Is this an accurate or correct assessment? Why - Why not? This is what I sometimes mean when I say 'light orientated values and leaning' or vice versa for 'dark'. This is my theory or the best I have so far and I want to know if its accurate or not?

'Light orientated'

*Judges and treats others according to objective values (e.g. golden rule and what's similar to a 'non-aggression principle' kind of thing), associated often with equal justice or values that promote equality. Some notable examples are: Like the notion in Abrahamic religion that all humans are equal to divine law before the eyes of Yahweh and he makes no exception in his justice system for anyone. "Actions, intent, impact count and never personal opinion" in a justice system that leans to this within the mundane world. Might come off as 'too impersonal' to some?

'Dark orientated'

*Tendency to judge, act and treat others according to subjective feelings rather than a more 'objective' approach such as the golden rule/non-aggression principle. Not all bad, can be alright for casual things but only sometimes when it comes to justice/social justice the above might be more preferred.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

-For this assessment theory's accuracy the thing is,

on the other hand you have the 'utilitarian/less emotion based' type of 'dark mindset' which is similar to the 'light orientated one' in an aspect but unique from both (In that it values what is most efficient).

It is often seen by people as possessed by beings such as astral 'Liches' or whatever the others are. Somehow it is 'admirable' also and appealing to some people as well because of how well calculated it is, etc.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

It can be hard to judge whether someone else's worldview is correct, when a lot of times what is correct for US might make no sense to someone else whose life experience is different.

I would, however, recommend you taking a look at some non-Western cultures and philosophies, since not every culture on earth perceives the world through a "battle of Light vs. Dark" lens. If you get to see how others view the universe, and see what the world can look like to someone who is NOT motivated by the "Light must win over Dark" approach, you might have an easier time with your own life choices (if it means you don't feel compelled to approach the world as a Warrior of the Light battling evil forces at every turn, needing to eliminate all traces of dark from within yourself, etc.).

We humans contain both light and dark. We contain both good and evil (not necessarily the same thing as "light" and "dark"). We are going to have thoughts and emotions crop up that could be anywhere on the light-to-dark, or good-to-evil, spectrums. We are free to choose whether to act on those thoughts and emotions, or just let them pass by and not pursue them. No matter what our definitions of Light, Dark, Good, and Evil might be, we can still make those choices. We can also refine all four of those definitions over time, as we gain experience and knowledge... we are not stuck with the single definition of each one that we chose for ourselves at one moment in our lives.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:It can be hard to judge whether someone else's worldview is correct, when a lot of times what is correct for US might make no sense to someone else whose life experience is different.

I would, however, recommend you taking a look at some non-Western cultures and philosophies, since not every culture on earth perceives the world through a "battle of Light vs. Dark" lens. If you get to see how others view the universe, and see what the world can look like to someone who is NOT motivated by the "Light must win over Dark" approach, you might have an easier time with your own life choices (if it means you don't feel compelled to approach the world as a Warrior of the Light battling evil forces at every turn, needing to eliminate all traces of dark from within yourself, etc.).

We humans contain both light and dark. We contain both good and evil (not necessarily the same thing as "light" and "dark"). We are going to have thoughts and emotions crop up that could be anywhere on the light-to-dark, or good-to-evil, spectrums. We are free to choose whether to act on those thoughts and emotions, or just let them pass by and not pursue them. No matter what our definitions of Light, Dark, Good, and Evil might be, we can still make those choices. We can also refine all four of those definitions over time, as we gain experience and knowledge... we are not stuck with the single definition of each one that we chose for ourselves at one moment in our lives.
I'm not claiming I see it as a 'warrior of light must defeat dark' but my theory here is 'this is how x works and both have their pros/cons', while at the same time believe from my personal experiences that I must remain vigilante against the aspects of 'dark' (Notice aspects meaning certain types or parts of it) that pose a threat.

Its kind of hard to explain it but if there's any recommendations for making it look less like you are targeting any side as a whole it could help, but what I'm doing here is similar to trying to point out that something originates from that piece of land, continent or 'kingdom/nation' but of which does not comprise of them necessarily. Just that (Destination Location is X and that's where it could or could not come from), so like that way.

Similar to how those who invented the term 'The Spanish Flu' talked about a disease that came from Spain. I do not hate 'dark beings' or people who endorse social justice, equality, equal justice, fairness and infact I would consider them on my side. Or '(Name of Country) Martial Arts', the '(Name of Country) thing', similar to that way.

My main point here is which 'lands' or spectrums do you think the said respective behaviors I'm mentioning originated from? Of 'treatment based on merit, actions, impacts and intention' vs 'treatment based on subjective/personal attitudes'.

Take for example people say that 'restless dead' beings (classified as a type of 'dark') are oppressed infact so they have my sympathy in possessing that status, alongside Trans, Muslim, black, mentally ill, poor, disabled, LGBTI people among the living etc.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

-So full solidarity with people or beings who are disadvantaged in any way because of subjective attitudes, just meant to make clear.

Anyways I'm not trying to claim one side is entirely the traits I described, but whereabouts or which line they tend to 'originate from'?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

So I didn’t mean ‘light and dark’ attitudes in terms of good or bad but what type of attitude each favours. Of which both can be used for good or bad depending.

I see this thread as similar to asking for the coordinates or which ‘lands’ particular things/lines of thinking and traditions inherit from as of now.

I do consider myself as somebody who fights against intolerance (and all things correlated) though for social justice?

Return to “General Questions”