SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hi everyone! So just wanting to know if this actually was the start of astral projection or just something else?

I got my first spirit (Sterling Angel) a few days ago and I decided to meditate with him today to give us some bonding time. I laid down and listened to binaural beats. I kept calling his name and just trying to clear my mind of thoughts. After about 20 minutes I started to feel this intensity in my head and my ears. My face began to scrunch up and my eyes shut even tighter, then I saw black, and it was almost as if I was looking out into space. I could see little white specks here and there. Suddenly the white specks began to almost morph into a face but I became scared and for whatever reason felt like I was going to see something evil, but in the distance I saw a bright white ball, which I felt like was my angel. The blackness came over again but the white ball of light appeared again. Then I suddenly woke up and looked around my room. Nothing was wrong and I was fine. My body feels incredibly drained after this experience.

Was I just feeling fearful because I’ve never done this before? And would this be considered AP or not? Thanks so much on any help!

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations ❤️
Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

It sounds more like you reached a basic trance state, and maybe even projected inward. Though often times people who project outward DO have a feeling of dread that comes with the disconnect from the body, especially when the part of the plane you are projecting into looks or is empty.

Trance is a part of travel to the Astral, though its hard to differentiate if you went "in" or went "out" without more information. Going into our own inner space can have all manner of phenomenon including buried fears manifesting. Likewise even in astral projection we can ourselves project fears outward into the astral space if we have something troubling us enough. These things are not uncommon, and are a part of the journey.

I'd suggest focusing on some clearing mind meditations, focusing on nothingness is a good exercise at the early phases, as well as visualization meditations. The visual centers of the brain are what interpret information for us when we project so that the energy of a tree in the planes looks like a tree. If our visual center isn't strong, or the overlay isn't in place, then the planes can seem much more distorted for some people. For some this means seeing the whole of the planes as random flares of energy, shifting patterns, and having a "sense" of what they are seeing. For others it is where they "hear" the energy in shifts but know what is nearby them. None of this should be alarming.

So while I can't say for certain, my instinct and first guess is that you projected internally, did make contact with the Sterling Angel, but also made contact with a repressed fear somewhere inside. Remember we project in, out, and to many places at one time in a very limited capacity at all times. Some part of us is ALWAYS just a little bit in the other planes, which is where things like extra sensory perceptions come from. The whole of a person rests in many places, though our awareness of the whole of who we are tends to be more centralized to one, or two, places at one time.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Thank you so much for that detailed response, Charles! It helps me a lot. I wasn’t even really trying to astral project and this happened and it quite scared me but what you said about that sense of dread and making contact with a repressed fear makes a lot of sense to me.

I would agree I went inward instead of outward. It was just such a strange occurrence but I felt like I never left my body. I was seeing something I had never seen before and it scared me since I didn’t know what was happening or what I would see. I definitely need to do more research into AP. Even though it frightened me at the time, it intrigues me and I would like to experience it more. I’ll work on focusing on clearing my mind like you suggested. Thanks again!

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations ❤️
Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

More than glad to help!

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”