Steps/Rituals in becoming a Sorecer?

Nil
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

ParagonSage91 wrote:
Well, Left Hand has an interesting ring to it, because I prefer not depending on Gods/Goddess to do me any favors, although I will turn to them if the need arises. So yeah, just comb through the forums? And no books out there have what I'm looking for? Oh, and I did buy a book by Jason Miller, called "The Sorcerer's secrets" So, is that a good start?
If you already have it, read it. It won't kill you. And yes, just go through the forum and read up on the path first. To look into specifics you have to first know what you are looking for. So, looking through the forum first and find out what you want to know is the first step. Its like cooking. If you don't know what you are cooking how do you buy the necessary ingredients? So flip the receipe book or look around for receipes. If you want chicken dishes, look at chicken dishes and see which one you want to cook. Look at cultures of chicken dishes. Look at what fits your taste buds. Choose the one you want AND THEN you look into the receipe so you know what to buy and what it involves. So read the forum, search for what you want and which cultures or which types and which immortals and so on. Once you found your jam, THEN you ask which specific books or where is the next step! If you aren't even sure what you want, we can give you a GPS and you still stand there looking like a monkey right? SO.. find out the first.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

ParagonSage91 wrote:Oh, and I did buy a book by Jason Miller, called "The Sorcerer's secrets" So, is that a good start?
One of the best things to start out with.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I agree 100% with the “Don’t use fiction as a resource” mentioned above.

There are some websites I’ve checked out for learning purposes. Magick.me is one. Simplemysticmiracles.com is another. They have subscription models for their lessons. Magick.me also has a free podcast.

But really, you want books, books, books. Search these forums for reading lists. Join Scribd.com to get access to digital books. Look through these forums for links other sources of online versions of books. Thanks to the internet, material is available to you instantaneously, whereas before, people had to travel to distant libraries and obtain permission to see ancient manuscripts.

You’ll be doing lots of studying if you decide to go this route. But learning is never bad. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

So, you want to be a sorcerer, eh? I hope you're prepared to study and develop strong will, strong intent and strong focus as those are the basics. It also helps to meditate, have patience and use imagination. Sorcery is all about mind over matter.

I met a sorcerer a couple of years ago online. Those were the qualities he had and it took him years of hard work to become a sorcerer. Yes, he had spirits who helped him. He called them allies. Not familiars nor companions. Since he called them allies, they were more or less tools to him which is typical of sorcery. I asked him, how does one begin with sorcery. He gave me a reading list and I remember he highly recommended reading Don Quixote.

Another recommendation is to be proficient with protection and banishment before conjuring anything.

I found some links that should give you an idea of what's involved with sorcery and some other paths of magic to give you an idea, or feel, if sorcery is right for you.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/tomekeeper/index.html

http://www.occultblogger.com/art-of-mag ... eal-magic/

http://www.artofmodernwizardry.org/mode ... -training/

As you can see, sorcery is hard work but certainly can be done.

Blessings to you! 1ey

Nil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

Well... since someone else asked about reading materials, there is the link and you can go have a look at the suggested reading material...

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/topic71724.html

And the last post by me has a link to our own forumer who happens to be a great conjurer/seller/writer/whatever... go read before his thread on his books gets drowned and get archived away. He gave an overview of what its about.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/topic74001.html

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”