You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 3
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Celestial Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Pater Paragon Giovi 333
Zodiac:

Hey, gang, I'm a noob who is looking to become a Sorecer, so how shall I begin this path? What rituals should a new guy do? What spirit should I contact?

And I have one ideal spirit, I was thinking of invoking a Djinn, either a Salia or a Marid? Though my questions are can they help me become a Sorecer? Do they have any limits I should know of? And how would I summon such a Djinn (Preferably to summon one who won't betray me or mislead me, and a female one)? So yeah, any experts can provide aid?

LittleGreenIcon
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

If you are really new to all this, I wouldn't jump straight in by summoning spirits - your communication and discernment skills may not be up to par and you might not know what you are getting.
Try working with a reputable conjurer and ask them who would be best to teach you these things spirit wise.
For example I have a couple of familiars, a warlock spirit and a few others who specialize in the magicks I use to help and guide me.
The companion you get is going to be well versed in certain types of magick, its best to find someone who can match you up with someone who can teach you what you wish to know.
Good Luck

Nil
neophyte
neophyte

Joke: buy more saucers... oh.. you mean not the not the flat porcelin thingy you put your english tea cup on? oh.. my bad...

Serious: Read up on it because i am sure that is not what you think it is or it doesn't work the way you think it does. There is so many things that do not line up to what you mentioned. Do you actually know what a sorcerer do or capable of doing? If not, read up on it. Invoking djin? By yourself? hmmm... Read up on it. I am sure you are missing a lot of steps to reach that point. Do they have limits? Yeah, lots of limitations to be honest. Read up on it. You can start by looking for the defination of a Sorceror and what they can do. Then you can read up on the djins in the forum. There is plenty of thread that tells you about their characteristics and stories and experiences of ppl with them. When you know more about both, then you can learn the basics of everything and then if you still think its the path you want, then only you seek out ways to become one.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Read lots and lots of books about magick from various traditions/paths: witchcraft, sorcery, necromancy, etc etc etc.

Not the fictions though, e.g. Harry Potter etc.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I think you should practice your own abilities before you try ringing the spiritual telephone. Getting a binding done by experienced folks like Ash and Mag here at CH is a great way to gain familiarity with spirits, but as for doing it yourself: "Do not call up what you cannot put down"
Magic is a practice, you gotta work on it every day. Start with meditation, practice your mental control so you can focus your attention. Mix in some visualization so you can create and hold steady any image you need, for as long as you need. A simple way to start taking a shot at magic itself is with sigils; no esoteric knowledge needed to start trying to grant your own wishes! I like Frater U.D.'s book, which isn't too hard to find for free online. Pick a banishing ritual (or other simple, safe ritual) and practice it daily until you can really FEEL it. Explore further along whichever cultural systems appeal to you. By the time you're at that step, you should have a pretty good idea of what you need to do next. Good luck.

ParagonSage91
new here
new here
Zodiac:

LittleGreenIcon wrote:If you are really new to all this, I wouldn't jump straight in by summoning spirits - your communication and discernment skills may not be up to par and you might not know what you are getting.
Try working with a reputable conjurer and ask them who would be best to teach you these things spirit wise.
For example I have a couple of familiars, a warlock spirit and a few others who specialize in the magicks I use to help and guide me.
The companion you get is going to be well versed in certain types of magick, its best to find someone who can match you up with someone who can teach you what you wish to know.
Good Luck
Hmm, alrighty! Thanks for telling me this, is there any instructions on summoning a familiar?

ParagonSage91
new here
new here
Zodiac:

wolves wrote:Joke: buy more saucers... oh.. you mean not the not the flat porcelin thingy you put your english tea cup on? oh.. my bad...

Serious: Read up on it because i am sure that is not what you think it is or it doesn't work the way you think it does. There is so many things that do not line up to what you mentioned. Do you actually know what a sorcerer do or capable of doing? If not, read up on it. Invoking djin? By yourself? hmmm... Read up on it. I am sure you are missing a lot of steps to reach that point. Do they have limits? Yeah, lots of limitations to be honest. Read up on it. You can start by looking for the defination of a Sorceror and what they can do. Then you can read up on the djins in the forum. There is plenty of thread that tells you about their characteristics and stories and experiences of ppl with them. When you know more about both, then you can learn the basics of everything and then if you still think its the path you want, then only you seek out ways to become one.
What books should I read up on them? So mainly the forums here, so I can begin looking into them, and see what I can dig up.

Nil
neophyte
neophyte

ParagonSage91 wrote:
What books should I read up on them? So mainly the forums here, so I can begin looking into them, and see what I can dig up.
Hmm... that is a hard answer to be honest. Someone suggested sigil magick (I wont do that first as that is learning to run before walking and you dont even know if its your cuppa tea). For me I will go with "look deeper into the arts you are thinking of, aka sorcerers". Go read up on the forum about sorcerers. If you cannot find any, go to the shop, search infusions and there is a listing on paths. I am sure sorcerers are one of the infusions available there and they have others as well. Read the description in the shop on all the paths available. Then you see which one is your cuppa tea. Next I will say study the cultural side of things. Norse, Egyptians, Asians, Japanese, Javanese, Tibettan, Greeks, Haitan/Voodoo/Hoodoo and so on. See if any of them is up your cuppa English tea. Then go through the list of Immortals and dark lords while you are at it. Once you are done, then figure out what type of magick you want to do. Right hand path, aka devotion type? Left hand path, aka you the boss? Then find out what is available and how much you want to do? You want to do a full ritual wearing all sorts of things and knowing timing and which direction and so on and doing long hours stuff? you want do part of it? you want do simple ones like sigil or something? or you just want to spirit keep? Then and then only you seek out the relevant ppl to train. You dont go knock on someone's door and say "I want you to teach me everything you know" only to find out you know nothing of the path and after much time and explanation only to find it does not suit you or it wasnt what you expected or it was the wrong type you looking for coz you dont know the correct terminology and goes "opps.. sorry.... bye~"... get it? Know your stuff first. Dig and read up on it first. Explore the basics and types there is. Know more about each. By the time you know what is needed or what you actually want to do, you will know who to look for or what book to get :X

Nil
neophyte
neophyte

Oh, it doesnt have to be this forum and this forum only but this forum is a great way to start with lots of resources and people to help. You can start here and then slowly find more info and resources both on this forum and outside of this forum. Have fun finding.

ParagonSage91
new here
new here
Zodiac:

wolves wrote: Hmm... that is a hard answer to be honest. Someone suggested sigil magick (I wont do that first as that is learning to run before walking and you dont even know if its your cuppa tea). For me I will go with "look deeper into the arts you are thinking of, aka sorcerers". Go read up on the forum about sorcerers. If you cannot find any, go to the shop, search infusions and there is a listing on paths. I am sure sorcerers are one of the infusions available there and they have others as well. Read the description in the shop on all the paths available. Then you see which one is your cuppa tea. Next I will say study the cultural side of things. Norse, Egyptians, Asians, Japanese, Javanese, Tibettan, Greeks, Haitan/Voodoo/Hoodoo and so on. See if any of them is up your cuppa English tea. Then go through the list of Immortals and dark lords while you are at it. Once you are done, then figure out what type of magick you want to do. Right hand path, aka devotion type? Left hand path, aka you the boss? Then find out what is available and how much you want to do? You want to do a full ritual wearing all sorts of things and knowing timing and which direction and so on and doing long hours stuff? you want do part of it? you want do simple ones like sigil or something? or you just want to spirit keep? Then and then only you seek out the relevant ppl to train. You dont go knock on someone's door and say "I want you to teach me everything you know" only to find out you know nothing of the path and after much time and explanation only to find it does not suit you or it wasnt what you expected or it was the wrong type you looking for coz you dont know the correct terminology and goes "opps.. sorry.... bye~"... get it? Know your stuff first. Dig and read up on it first. Explore the basics and types there is. Know more about each. By the time you know what is needed or what you actually want to do, you will know who to look for or what book to get :X
Well, Left Hand has an interesting ring to it, because I prefer not depending on Gods/Goddess to do me any favors, although I will turn to them if the need arises. So yeah, just comb through the forums? And no books out there have what I'm looking for? Oh, and I did buy a book by Jason Miller, called "The Sorcerer's secrets" So, is that a good start?

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”