EARN YOURSELF $100 FOR INVESTIGATING

Winter
new here
new here
Answers: 0

Count me in, aside from South Carolina........Christmas week we are heading to Budapest, Prague and Vienna for 8 days of touring Castles, graveyards and Visegrad, which served, for 12 years, as a prison for Vlad the Impaler, the Romanian ruler also known as Dracula. Sedlec Ossuary in Kutná Hora - a small Christian chapel decorated with human bones.
The trip is set, now just counting the days until we go!

* I Tilt.....But in a Magickal Way *
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Yes, we are going to need LOTS of information & pics! :D What a cool trip!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Winter
new here
new here

Will Do :thumbup:

* I Tilt.....But in a Magickal Way *
Darkknymph
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Does this still apply now? xD .

And also, if we do encounter violent and nasty spirits, we'll be protected from their attacks from our own shield plus our entities right?

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

YEP, IT APPLIES UNTIL NEXT SPRING/SUMMER WHEN THE FIRST VOLUME COMES OUT. YES, IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO ENCOUNTER SOMETHING NASTY YOU SHOULD HAVE PROTECTION THROUGH SPELLS OR SPIRITS. BUT MOST OF THE TIME WITH HAUNTED PLACES THEIR REPUTATIONS ARE MORE SCARY THAN THE TRUTH.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Orchid-Dragoness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

LOL anyone would like to do a bit of research for me?
I'm in Stirling, last time Magnolia mentioned a few places, but i forgot :(
I'll be sneaking around in the winter I guess :dancing:
Anywhere around Stirling, Perth, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow would be lovely.
Just that I have essays done today and readings coming up so I can't quite do the search.

Thanks in advance! :hug:

Cryptic_twilight313
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I want to do this!

...black engulfs the dying light as he falls on frail wings of vanity and wax..
Darkknymph
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:YEP, IT APPLIES UNTIL NEXT SPRING/SUMMER WHEN THE FIRST VOLUME COMES OUT. YES, IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO ENCOUNTER SOMETHING NASTY YOU SHOULD HAVE PROTECTION THROUGH SPELLS OR SPIRITS. BUT MOST OF THE TIME WITH HAUNTED PLACES THEIR REPUTATIONS ARE MORE SCARY THAN THE TRUTH.
cool.. so they'll just protect us(spirits/spells).. hmm.. alright! :D

xari
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: myself
My magical/paranormal name...: Xari Edenterror
Zodiac:

Hello All! I don't know if I am signing up in the right place but I would love to report on local culture. I live in the Bayou right next to the city of new Orleans, Louisiana. Numerous above ground graveyards (Which by the way are that way for a purpose here, the city is roughly about 20 feet below sea level. People have to be buried above ground because an in ground tomb would resurface in in climate weather....aka hurricanes, excessive raining.) They have fascinating folk lore surrounding many including the quite popular Marie Laveau, popular voodoo practitioner and saint to quite a few.

Mind you, tourists pay upwards $60 a person for a group tour to see these magnificent creations, with single entombments starting in the tens of thousands to purchase and have designed for you, not to mention the lack of burial space! Popular ones are notorious for attracting a wide range of spiritual and/or religious practitioners of all walks of faith. Marie Laveau's alleged gravestone attracts people for rituals and others even take dirt or foliage (In the walk of an investigator I would be happy to obtain samples for you, provided its legal. :))

But that's only they start of what the South has to offer the paranormal community. Next on my list would be plantation homes, mostly sugar-cane farming residences with magnificent history, quite a bit well documented. Most welcome visitors and even encourage it, as it is a major part of history down here. I have access to a digital camera and would be happy to obtain pictures to share.

Within the plantation system you also have the slave quarters, where the French plantation owners forced the religious preferences on the slaves, but the slaves cleverly had their own practices and disguised them as the Plantation owners same practices thus creating the creole culture-a blend of African American and French beliefs and practices.

Finallly my favorite, and usually not a tourists destination due to lack of local support, is the residences deep in the bayou, where belief was isolated. Escaped slaves created lives in secret, deep in swamp, where they wouldn't be found. Other areas were tradeposts for human slaves, and finally execution sites. There isn't as much factual documented history but if your sensitive you can feel the energy of these places, the secrets they hold are numerous, the cypress trees talk, the thick fogs and heavy rains collide as if to hold back anger, resentment, or the feel of closely guarded freedom, and the culture of those that created a magnificently diverse city, port, and farmlands.

New food creations were born here, a new type of music was played. Funerals consists of highly decorated "jazz lines" where the city's most famous musicians honored the newly departed by taking to the street in parades. Mardi Gras took place and has every year, even after the city was almost completely wiped out by Hurricane Katrina, floats took the street as a reminding ritual of the deep rooted beliefs in southern hospitality and reinvention.

Another aspect to the city which is quite new and borders paranormal interests is the tremdeous energy of the lost animals in the hurricanes. People don't realize here (even with repeated history again and again) when they evacuate for a storm to TAKE THEIR BELOVED PETS! And after hurricane Katrina it was a quite solemn experience to see the lost lives of the thousands of animals and the ones that survived, emanciated and barely functioning. Mass rescue missions for animals took place with containment burial and burning sites for the less fortunate ones.

Well I hope you can see what I have to offer as an investigator for everyone. I am by no means a professional writer. I actually have degrees in criminal justice and nursing. But I love the soul of this area and I am happy to report it from a detailed and open-minded perspective of mine. And as such I have not professionally researched the aforementioned material. This is the culture I have grown up in.

Sidenote, numerous battles have taken place across this area and i am particularly close to the Chalmette Monument in St Bernard Parish (Louisiana doesn't have "counties", instead it adopted a French term eventually the modern day word "Parish". This small monument happened to literally be next to my backyard growing up.

It was on the Chalmette Battlefield of what is now called the Jean Lafitte National Historic Park and Preserve, according to http://www.nps.gov/jela/chalmette-battlefield.htm, " Just downriver from New Orleans in Chalmette is the site of the January 8, 1815, Battle of New Orleans: Chalmette Battlefield. Many people believe that this last great battle of the War of 1812 between the United States and Britain was unnecessary, since the treaty ending the war was signed in late 1814, but the war was not over. The resounding American victory at the Battle of New Orleans soon became a symbol of a new idea: American democracy triumphing over the old European ideas of aristocracy and entitlement. General Andrew Jackson's hastily assembled army had won the day against a battle-hardened and numerically superior British force. Americans took great pride in the victory and for decades celebrated January 8 as a national holiday, just like the Fourth of July."
I mention this here because when you approach this site, you can't seem to not get a sense of great nationality of years past, and if you graze the fields and linger in the trenches, you just might find a spent bullet revealing itself to you among numerous other energies and I dare say spirits. (But everytime I have "felt" this place I have always gotten the feel of a sense of pride in the energy and nothing dark or negatively "haunting.")

Ok I could probably list numerous other sites and such but I can leave it up to you to decide which avenue to pursue first. And I'd be willing to work for store credit as I love the system of bartering so much more than just a straight pay out. Makes for a more interesting relationship, as in I'm sharing a bit of me with you and vice versa.
Ok I think I have talked everyone to death, and I am not even sure i posted in the right place lol.

PAX
Xari
(Contact Info and Mailing address is current on profile as is email address,)
Thank you so much for the opportunity to share.!

Check out my store, Xari's Karma Candy, on the Creepy hollows Marketplace!

Heal the past; live the present; dream the future....laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything, and have no regrets. Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~Xari Edenterror
edsphinx
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: edsphinx
Zodiac:

Hello Xari you have the notes about the places that you describe just finished the reading of your post and I quite interested in read more about it.

And I live in Honduras will try to share some info of haunted places located by here.

Dark Blessings,
edsphinx

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”