active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

mindsfire_123 Posted: Mar 5 2008, 09:57 AM

Active Spirit

Group: Members
Member No.: 298

HI all,

I'm new to owning / working with djinn spirits and bought a ifrit djinn from real_magick which arrived yesterday. The bonding rite went well i experienced a presence, a great deal of heat and the energy moving around was visible.

Since then (24 hours on) i've been experiencing the sense of not being alone in the room and also feeling some unusual heat sources at times.

Just wondering if this all sounds like things are progressing well and if there is anything specific i should be doing/ looking out for?

Should i be meditating with the ring and pushing to get to know her or should i simply wear the vessel and allow her time to settle in?

Any thoughts and advice would be appriciated

Gav
x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alex Posted: Mar 5 2008, 01:44 PM

wiccan warrior

Member No.: 91

Hi Gav, sounds like your Jinn is ready and willing to make contact.

Do check out Creepy Hollows resource guides on connecting with your Jinn:

http://www.creepyhollows.com/article_djinn.shtml

It is a great guide. Let us know if you have more questions.

Bright Blessings,
Alex

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mindsfire_123 Posted: Mar 5 2008, 05:48 PM

Active Spirit

Thanks Alex,

That's an interesting read. But should i be making an active effort to connect with my djinn or should i take a passive role and allow her to come to me when she's ready.

Also i'm interested in how others work with their djinn. From my prospective i'm a practitioner of magick and hope to utilise my djinn as helper spirits sort of like familiars in working my magick. Does anyone else work with their spirits in this way?

alex Posted: Mar 5 2008, 07:09 PM

wiccan warrior

Member No.: 91

Gav, from the heat and the movement, your Jinn seems to already be trying to communicate. Use meditation to connect with your Jinn and see what images come to you. The guide has a suggestion, or you can use any form that works for you. The proof is in the results you get, if you are feeling the presence.

Jinn are as different as people are, each has their own personality. From your description, you have a very good start.

Again, going back to the guide, it suggests making your Jinn part of your magickal
work.

Sit down and talk to your Jinn each day. Tell them what you want to accomplish, ask him to work with you. Manifestation is different for everyone and also depends upon the class of Jinn you have.

Like you, I am fairly new to Jinn ownership but have been a solitary practitioner for years. I do ask my Jinn to work with me in any magickial process.

There are others on the forum who are much more knowledgable than I and I'm sure they'll be along shortly to give you some tips.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with actively trying to contact one's Jinn, especially when they appear so receptive by giving physical indications of their presence. It is only when one is over anxious that some Jinn tend to pull back.

Do let us know what happens for you?

Bright Blessings,
Alex

This post has been edited by alex on Mar 5 2008, 07:11 PM

PhoenixRising84 Posted: Mar 5 2008, 07:33 PM

Wise Spirit

Member No.: 27

Gav, you should be actively be trying to bond with your djinn. I light candles and inscense for my spirits (different scents for different types).

Also, today I was watching "Arabian Nights" with my Efrit. It was a movie that was on the SciFi channel. It went through several of the stories told by Scheherezade to her husband. One of them is of course Aladdin and his genie lamp. Well, in this movie there was the good (Marid?) djinn and the not so good (Efrit?) djinn, both played by John Leguizamo, so it was meant to be humorous. When the Efrit was being portrayed, I actually heard a laugh! It was a loud man's laugh!! I think my Efrit was laughing at how the genies were portrayed. He wasn't offended though.

Basically, just experiment with various offering and figure out what they like. But so far it sounds like you two are bonding!

Good luck

spiritsearcher Posted: Mar 5 2008, 08:28 PM

Omniscient Spirit

Member No.: 62

I can tell you this..When spending a little while with my Efrits they had no problem asking for attention..pulsing ring and smoke from ring as well...
I think I will summon my next efrit tonite..

mindsfire_123 Posted: Mar 7 2008, 12:16 PM

Active Spirit

Well i'm getting some interesting experiences from my Djinn,

I got a pins and needles tingling in my ring finger, and when i concentrated on it. it spread out through my whole body. Very exciting. I've not had a full communication with her yet but i can feel it's coming.

Also deeply anticipating my ghul djinn coming which should hopefuly arrive in the next 2 days! He's definately the spirit i've wanted from the start, it was wanting a ghul which got me started in looking into haunted items. I'm very excited. i'm terrible at waiting!!

mindsfire_123 Posted: Mar 11 2008, 01:57 PM

Active Spirit

My Ghul djinn arrived this morning! i'm shortly going to start working through the bonding rituals and meditations. Wish me luck!

He's already had an interesting reaction from my dog who attempted to shread the envelope to gain access to him as soon as he was posted through the door. Think i'll have to introduce them formally and encourage them to get on!

Cryptic_twilight313
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0

Good Luck! :D
Let us know how it goes!

...black engulfs the dying light as he falls on frail wings of vanity and wax..

Return to “Djinn / Genie”