Time Problem

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
phoenixrising84
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

I also have music on when I meditate (sometimes). It's usually some kind of meditation music that plays anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes, depending on the track. I use different tracks depending on how much time I have and how much time I want to spend. Usually, when the song ends, I sort of "wake up". This is going to sound weird, but the silence after the song ends is usually enough to bring me out of my meditation. I've been "jolted" out of meditation before and I get irritated when it happens. I find this helps.
The other thing I do is count. I think I have mild OCD because I count a lot of things (my steps and tiles on the floor for example). Inhale for a count of 4 and exhale for a count of 4. I usually count a couple hundred full breaths (4 counts in and 4 out) . I read somewhere once that if a person can breath only 8 times in a minute that they will reach a higher meditative state with greater ease. Something about being able to will your body to relax with the long deep breaths that helps you reach a higher state. It has helped me greatly. After I've finished with my "count" then I usually come out of my meditation.

umbrea
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Dear Phoenix,
Using the counted breath method helps me to get into a deep meditative state but after a while, my body takes over the breathing and my mind just travels. It's how I learned to trance but it never helps me to come out of the that state. I do trance really well though, I was able to trance out during a Summer Solstice ceremony while another Pagan friend, carved out the tat on my forehead, with a scalpel and NO ANESTHESIA! I NEVER felt the pain. I've had so many years of deep meditation leading to trance but still, I think the conditioning of the internal time clock will help because I'm kinda hooked on that feeling of the trance state.
Music made by a few very close friends, is how I achieved the state in the first place, so, music won't work for me. But, I really do appreciate all of the suggestions that people have made.
Brightest Blessings,
umbrea

Return to “Meditation”