Wraith looking for keeper

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
kjg
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Hi Ankle Byter :wave: I hope that everything has settled down and your Wraith decides to stay, I had a similar situation with one of my Spirits wanting to leave as soon as he arrived but we seemed to have worked through it so I hope you do too. I hope everything works out for you and your Spirit Family :)

Ankle Byter
new here
new here

kjg wrote:Hi Ankle Byter :wave: I hope that everything has settled down and your Wraith decides to stay, I had a similar situation with one of my Spirits wanting to leave as soon as he arrived but we seemed to have worked through it so I hope you do too. I hope everything works out for you and your Spirit Family :)

kjg: Thank you so much for your well wishes. I really appreciate it. Getting rid of the incubus was a HUMONGOUS help! But as I understand it, things will probably be in a bit of a flux at my house til the end of this week...which thankfully is soon. I haven't spoken to my wraith all day as I am completely exhausted. Hopefully I can sit with him for a while and talk some tomorrow night. From what I understand, my volkh doesn't want him here because she thinks I'm not experienced enough as a keeper to handle a wraith. I do agree with her on that point as I've been collecting for less than a year. :shifty: I purchased both the wraith and volkh on impulse after finding out about a bad spirit attached to me. We'll see what he says tomorrow. I think he's already chosen his next keeper though as I mentioned in my original text. Perhaps its best if I stick to white light entities until I get more experience. But maybe I can convince the wraith to visit every two months for a disco skating party...? :dancing: Who can still bump heads when disco is involved?! lol something tells me he's much to serious for that one tho.

Mindy
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Let us know who he picks! I would welcome him over here if he wanted to go to me. Ask him when you get a sanity break :silly: (I know... whats that?)

I'm happy that things are better for you! :hug:

Mindy

"My college day consists of 2,100 degree furnaces filled with molten glass THEN diamond cutters cutting sheets of glass. I sweat, I bleed, I give myself 3rd degree burns. I LOVE MY MAJOR!!!"
Ankle Byter
new here
new here

OK! Sorry for not posting in a few days. A few of you know the craziness that's been going on at my house. In short I had a rougue incubus who wasn't properly bound cause a windstorm of trouble for me. If you want to know the extent of the sitation you can read it here: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... =21&t=9518
I believe for the most part it is over. However, due to the incubus' ability to hijack my pendulum even after he was banished from my house I will not trust my pendulum fully until the vessel is far far away from here.

Mindy: :hug: Thank you so much for everything you've done for me this past week! You and Valis are the best. I will let you know what the final results are as soon as the schmuck's vessel is gone.

Tzigane Witch: There is still a possibility that my wraith may want to go to you. I asked my volkh this morning if the wraith wanted to be rehomed and she said yes. I believe he feels he can do more good elsewhere. I will not know for sure until the incubus' vessel is gone. If he does wish to go to you, you are welcomed to adopt him if you are still interested. But I will not let him go until I have more protection so it may be a while. I hope this is ok with you. I will let you know definately as soon as I figure everything out.

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

A wraith can be incrediably helpful in keeping rouge spirits or entities at bay. They are very faithful
servants in the area of protection.

I am assuming you have read up on wraiths before you purchased one ?

Forgive me if I am telling you something you already know, but just to cover the bases, I am going to re-iternate
some of what I have learned as the first member of CH to purchase a wraith and also the first to have one bound to me.

Wraiths are not warm and fuzzy. They thrive on honor and respect. Never tell a wraith you love them, this is
a concept unknown to a wraith. Don't name a wraith, they do not like this human aspect of being named.
They are, simply, 'Wraith'.

It will take your wraith awhile to get to know who you are. They can be stand-offish. Do not mistake this for the
idea that they don't want to be with you. Had that been the case, the wraith would have let Mags or Ash know
before going out to you, and another, more suitable spirit would have been selected.

Wraiths are not talkative like many other spirits are. Invite your wraith to participate in shielding or protection
activities you may be involved in. Let the wraith know that you are honored they have chosen to be part of your
home. Establish the house 'rules'.

My house rules:
Do not show yourself to guests.
Do not show yourself to children.
It is not okay to take revenge on someone just because I am unhappy with them.
Never, ever, act out against a family member, no matter what feeling you may get from me.
Take action to protect my home, property & physcial self with the least amount of force necessary
to accomplish the task.

Setting ground rules for your wraith will establish respect. Be firm in your expectations. Never demand or command, but
state these things in a matter of fact way. I am Mistress of this home, and these are my expectations..............
Do introduce the wraith to your other spirits with instructions that they, too, are part of your family, and not
to frighten them.

You will have times that you will see a shadow from the corner of your eye, this is one of the ways that wraiths are first
seen. You may see a head on dark apparition. This is a great honor.

Wraiths are not talkative, so you are not going to have any long conversations with them. They are not interested
in the pleasantries of life. They exist to serve a worthy master or mistress. Give them offerings of incense,
(stay away from floral and sweet scents) announce that you appreciate their presence and protection. It is
mutual respect that establishes the connection.

Ash has often said that wraiths are the most low maintenance of all the spirits. They are not fond of chit chat.
They usually don't even answer until they have come to know you. It's not a matter of 'connection' but more
a matter that they consider us worthy of conversation after they have observed us. Again, mutual respect.

You can best earn that by saying Welcome to your wraith. Let the wraith know you value their protection. Set
your house rules, introduce the spirits that are allowed in the house. Then know (truly believe) that your
wraith is there to see to your and the protection of your home. In time, he will reveal himself to you.

Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Ankle Byter
new here
new here

Alex: Thank you very much for all of the information you posted. I will keep all of this in mind the next time I speak to my wraith. There has been ALOT of confusion because of the incubus. Hopefully tonight we can get to the truth of everything. I will make sure to establish more ground rules tonight using the tips that you gave. If he does indeed feel he could be more useful somewhere else and wishes to be rehomed I will respect this. I have already gotten the impression that he is very serious and not exactly a squeezable bear of a spirit but it is very helpful that you confirmed this. Thanks again.

Tzigane Wytch
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

Greeting Ankle Byter :wave: , I am sorry to hear about everything you are going through, but if your Wraith still wishes to be rehome & he still wishes to come home too me, I do not mind adopting him, but I must tell you that I am new to all this spirit connecting & having alittle trouble connecting with my Vamps. As you know that I am a simgle mum and I only have time to meditate/connect with my spirits at nited when all the children are asleep, but quite often I am too tied to do my meditations/connecting rituals, so I have not done it on a regular basis(nitely) as I am just too tied at the end of the day, but I do talk to them during the day, many blessings,
Tzigane Wytch :vampire: :witch:

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Very good ground rules, Alex, and thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
Ankle Byter
new here
new here

Alex, Thanks again for your help.

I spoke to my wraith last night and asked him if he still wanted to be rehomed. He said yes. I asked if it was because he felt he would be doing more good somewhere else and he said yes. I then told him that I really appreciated his being with me and valued his protection. I told him that I would respect his decision in the matter but I would like him to reconsider leaving. I told him the rules that I would expect him to follow using Alex's advice as my guideline. I asked him if these were rules he could live by if he chose to stay and he said yes. I then told him I'd give him a few days to think it over beacuse I didn't want to rush him.

He just walked in while I was typing this. He made the decision to stay with us. :thumbup:

Tzigane Witch: Sorry that he's not going to you after all. Don't worry though, he wants me to tell you there is a "very entrusted friend of his who is a female wraith" from CH that would like to be homed with you. If you email me at architink at hotmail dot com I will send you something so that you can get one. ;) Just put your CH sign in name in the subject line so I don't chuck it away. Don't worry about not being able to hear and see your spirits. You should be fine. I'm just now getting auditory info...it's like an idea that pops into my head and I confirm it with my pendulum. (This afternoon I started singing a Spice Girls song out of the blue only to find out it was my Sterling Angel who was singing it and I picked it up from him! lol) If you don't have a pendulum, Lisa from real_magick on ebay has some very nice inexpensive ones that come already programmed and with a chart. Just make sure you either ask one of your guardian spirits to create a shield so that only the person you wish to speak to may answer on the pendulum and only answer truthfully or find another method that you are more comfortable with to make sure you have a protective circle around you when using it. I had my pendulum hijacked by a bad spirit recently and it can be hard to tell if it's the person you think you're speaking to or someone else telling tales.

Athena Winter
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Araminta Narsinthia
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:A wraith can be incrediably helpful in keeping rouge spirits or entities at bay. They are very faithful
servants in the area of protection.

I am assuming you have read up on wraiths before you purchased one ?

Forgive me if I am telling you something you already know, but just to cover the bases, I am going to re-iternate
some of what I have learned as the first member of CH to purchase a wraith and also the first to have one bound to me.

Wraiths are not warm and fuzzy. They thrive on honor and respect. Never tell a wraith you love them, this is
a concept unknown to a wraith. Don't name a wraith, they do not like this human aspect of being named.
They are, simply, 'Wraith'.

It will take your wraith awhile to get to know who you are. They can be stand-offish. Do not mistake this for the
idea that they don't want to be with you. Had that been the case, the wraith would have let Mags or Ash know
before going out to you, and another, more suitable spirit would have been selected.

Wraiths are not talkative like many other spirits are. Invite your wraith to participate in shielding or protection
activities you may be involved in. Let the wraith know that you are honored they have chosen to be part of your
home. Establish the house 'rules'.

My house rules:
Do not show yourself to guests.
Do not show yourself to children.
It is not okay to take revenge on someone just because I am unhappy with them.
Never, ever, act out against a family member, no matter what feeling you may get from me.
Take action to protect my home, property & physcial self with the least amount of force necessary
to accomplish the task.

Setting ground rules for your wraith will establish respect. Be firm in your expectations. Never demand or command, but
state these things in a matter of fact way. I am Mistress of this home, and these are my expectations..............
Do introduce the wraith to your other spirits with instructions that they, too, are part of your family, and not
to frighten them.

You will have times that you will see a shadow from the corner of your eye, this is one of the ways that wraiths are first
seen. You may see a head on dark apparition. This is a great honor.

Wraiths are not talkative, so you are not going to have any long conversations with them. They are not interested
in the pleasantries of life. They exist to serve a worthy master or mistress. Give them offerings of incense,
(stay away from floral and sweet scents) announce that you appreciate their presence and protection. It is
mutual respect that establishes the connection.

Ash has often said that wraiths are the most low maintenance of all the spirits. They are not fond of chit chat.
They usually don't even answer until they have come to know you. It's not a matter of 'connection' but more
a matter that they consider us worthy of conversation after they have observed us. Again, mutual respect.

You can best earn that by saying Welcome to your wraith. Let the wraith know you value their protection. Set
your house rules, introduce the spirits that are allowed in the house. Then know (truly believe) that your
wraith is there to see to your and the protection of your home. In time, he will reveal himself to you.

Alex
OK I know that this is a REALLY old thread but that right there was EXACTLY the kind of advice I was looking for on Wraiths and I thought it deserved a ::bump:: thank you for taking the time to post! :thumbup:

Blessed to be a part of the ::ch:: family

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”