If you were going to get an Angel for protection...

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

"What is right or good must change by the second in the universe with all the actions and re- actions/cause and effects of multi billions of conscious beings."

Sorry, what I meant to say was......Of course we all know the difference between goodness and wickedness, I was referring to "good" more in the abstract sense of things.

I used to know things
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
starfire wrote:I also highly recommend the courtwinds for protection and if you can, get four of them, as that covers all four directions, I have quite a few of them, because they are really awesome angels and will work in the background and when needed come right to you to tell you what is going on!!!!!! They will come in your dreams!!! Also their energy is just amazing and you will find yourself experiencing a lot of static electricity, which is very normal until you get use to their energy!!!!!

Also yes I would consider the archangel a DA angel because of the nature of their job and in what they do!!!! It has always been kind of a touchy subject about whether they are WA or DA, and I am sure that Ash or Magnolia can also say how they view them as well!!!!!!

I am glad you mentioned that WhimsicalSage!!!!!! :D

starfire ::dragons::
I would not dispute the idea that the Archangels are DA, if only because they COULD have chosen to rebel or fall, but they did not. They're doing what they're doing, following a WA path, by choice, not because they have no option to do otherwise.

I didn't realize that having four Courtwinds is a good idea, for the four directions. I will keep that in mind.

I have a lot of protective spirits (see: my signature), but no Angels yet. I think it's time that I fill that gap; hence, this thread.

I think I need to start with the Archangels Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael, the three saints who are honored together with a feast day in September.
Don't forget Uriel , Starfire...to complete the 4 quarters!

Right...I'm really off to bed now :)

I used to know things
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Izzy69 wrote:Thanks for the link Starfire. I will have a read through later.
I do have 1 courtwind angel and 1 bronwyn...I hope to get more later :)

Regarding Archangels being DA....perhaps they are capable of doing DA activities but are WA in that they do not do it out of a sense of personal or emotional decision making in the same way that humans or other DA spirits do?
They carry out certain actions because "it has to be done" maybe?

For example.....I always imagined the "destroying angels" of the old testament as doing this in a completely cold and detached manner,simply carrying out the instructions/will of a higher power!

That also begs the question: What does WA actually mean?

If these angels destroy "on orders"...... for want of a better term then they can still be WA as it is not their decision to choose....they are a means to an end....and that would make their "God" DA wouldn't it?

WA is a very interesting subject really as it is subjective surely?

If a WA being causes emotional pain to another being out of love and the knowledge that it is best "in the long run" it has still caused grief and temporary suffering to that spirit!
Or would it be more accurate to state that a WA being will not cause any suffering to a third party?

The general definition of WA seems to be no free will to choose good or evil....They can only side with good.
But who or what defines what is "good"?

What is right or good must change by the second in the universe with all the actions and re- actions/cause and effects of multi billions of conscious beings.

I've just given myself a headache now thinking about it....I'm off to bed :)
Any thoughts on this anybody?
Hahahahahaha, this would give most people a headache when you really sit down to think about it!!!!!! On the one hand, yes most of the angels are WA, but they do seem to have a choice in some things, because we all do know that there are fallen angels, who made a choice to come down to Earth!!!!

However I am going to leave it up to people who know a heck of a lot more then I do, I only know of what I was taught a longtime ago about angels and that was that most of them in heaven was good and the fallen angels were bad, but that is what you get from a short sighted religion who was more concerned what is right and wrong and nothing in-between, and we all know that there is a lot of the in-between!!!!
Izzy69 wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:
starfire wrote:I also highly recommend the courtwinds for protection and if you can, get four of them, as that covers all four directions, I have quite a few of them, because they are really awesome angels and will work in the background and when needed come right to you to tell you what is going on!!!!!! They will come in your dreams!!! Also their energy is just amazing and you will find yourself experiencing a lot of static electricity, which is very normal until you get use to their energy!!!!!

Also yes I would consider the archangel a DA angel because of the nature of their job and in what they do!!!! It has always been kind of a touchy subject about whether they are WA or DA, and I am sure that Ash or Magnolia can also say how they view them as well!!!!!!

I am glad you mentioned that WhimsicalSage!!!!!! :D

I would not dispute the idea that the Archangels are DA, if only because they COULD have chosen to rebel or fall, but they did not. They're doing what they're doing, following a WA path, by choice, not because they have no option to do otherwise.

I didn't realize that having four Courtwinds is a good idea, for the four directions. I will keep that in mind.

I have a lot of protective spirits (see: my signature), but no Angels yet. I think it's time that I fill that gap; hence, this thread.

I think I need to start with the Archangels Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael, the three saints who are honored together with a feast day in September.
Don't forget Uriel , Starfire...to complete the 4 quarters!

Right...I'm really off to bed now :)
Hehehehehehe that was Likes2Read and not me, I do have a binding of all four archangels, Micheal, Gabriel, Raphael and Uriel!!!!!!! ::dragons:: I whole heartily love those angels and all of my other angels too, from CH and a couple of other sellers!!!! I am picky about who I get angels from, like my dragons, there are only a few trusted sellers I deal with!!!! ;)

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Update. Four prebound Courtwinds whose specialty is protection, plus custom bindings of Powers and an Ulaphres Angel, I thing I've ventured into Angel territory pretty well.

I already have protective spirits, spells, and wards up, but I realized that Angels were conspicuous by their absence in my spirit family. Problem solved.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

My choice would be arc angels since I have been around them since I can remember. They are powerful, no nonesense protectors and healers. Then I would recomment courtwind angels, then bronwyn, then sterling. All of them have kick butt protection and healing, but the arc angels don't play when it comes to protection.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I sent for four preboud Courtwind Angels last night, so they are already here. CH doesn't seem to have a binding of the four Archangels (Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, and the post above was right to recommend Uriel as well), so I might look around for that. It also seems that CH has only got some of the Archangels listed, for whatever reason. No Michael, no Raphael, and I think no Uriel.

I also liked today's $1 binding, so I picked up a Bronwyn while I was at it.

But the Sterling and the Archangels are definitely next.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

You won't be sorry with Courtwinds, I used to work with them and they make great protectors.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Back in the 1990's I used to perform the BRLP every day, sometimes twice a day, when I woke up and before going to bed. I am sure it helped me with my lucid dreaming and sensitivity.
That's why I was familiar with Uriel as well as the other 3 more well known archangels of the 4 quarters when this topic came up.

I must get back to doing it again....I can manage it early morning when I am the only one up :)

It is so beneficial for protection and focus and directing one's attention to the magickal world instead of letting the material world overwhelm us with day to day worries all the time.

I used to know things
Dropturvey
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3

After reading all the Angel love, I realised I only have a Divine Angel from CH. So on Starfire's recommendation of having four Courtwind I just put an order through with CH for 4 prebound Courtwind Angels.
Protection and security is always a good thing, and as someone who lives on their own I would benefit from it. I always have the recurring nightmare of slipping in the bathroom and being found weeks later.

FiercelyFree
active contributor
active contributor

You also might find it very interesting and beneficial to join the CH Angel Club - I have been constantly amazed.... Would agree with courtwind/ warrior, bronwyn, sterling and the arcs, (really most angels offer great protection) however, would highly recommend Throne Angels - contact Lisa (realmagick) who is now mystic morning treasures for a custom binding of a specific angel(s)..... mine are incredible and non-chatty if you want more protection than conversation....
Connections from CH to the Enochian and Zoroastrian angels for protection should not be forgotten either and absolutely fascinating to interact with ..... FF

It's a beautiful day.... don't let it get taken away !

Return to “Angels”