sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Sometimes, I wonder if different providers have unique names for the same species. Every person experiences psychic phenomena uniquely, and let's face it, the creatures we know and love don't necessarily have English as their native language. So the question "What are you?" posed to different creatures of a species, by different, unrelated practitioners, might not give identical results.

These thoughts go through my mind after seeing Annika's Runt Dragon, in which I am interested, and CH's own Enan Dragon, which I have on order.

As you can see, there are similarities between the two dragons, even though their names aren't the same.

There's already an Enan custom conjure on the way in the future. (As a part of my own, self-created Cheer-up Triad, which will include an Arkan Sonney and a SIlver Dragon, both of which are on order as well). Maybe the Enan-to-be will need a Runt buddy, so there'll be a Triad Plus One. :D

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

I believe that it is common for same species to go by different names with different practitioners. Also, the vastness of all creation does produce similar species in different places, I would imagine, too! There is no other experience like our very own experience, so call them what you will, but enjoy them, I'd say! :)

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have to agree with Raenebula on this one. Also, you have to consider the native language of the conjurer.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
shadowdust
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 27
If I could be anything, I would be...: I don't know
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I dont have a magical name
Zodiac:

Two different species can have the same name too.

teri
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sterling Angel

I have seen this with different sellers myself. Sometimes if you ask them they will know and give you their opinion. Might be slight differences but usually for the most part I find them to be the same. As SoRealNebula said call them what you will but enjoy them. :)

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I am finding still more variations of names that are worth mentioning.

I have Longma (Chinese Dragon Horse). I later ordered a Ki-Lin from CH (which is still on order).

Today, I discovered that the Dragon Horse can also be known as a Chi Lin, Qilin, or Ki Lin. So it looks like K. will have the company of another of her own kind, when the time comes.

Also Fu Dogs = Fu Lions = Snow Lions, all of which can manifest as types of dragons. And there is a very similar-looking creature known as Pi Yao or Pi Xiu, which also dedicates itself to its keeper's protection and prosperity. Feng Shui rules dictate similar placement for Fu figures as for Pi Yao figures: facing the entrance of the home so they can protect it. I have seen Fu Dog figures on eBay also referred to as Shi Sa and Shishi.

I like learning things like this, so I can get a handle on which spirits from which vendors might actually be the same creature.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Witch
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Big Bird
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lard
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Ronald McDonald

I think in some cases it just varies from culture to culture...

In the case of Fu dogs, Shi-sa- is the Okinawan name for a very similar set of statue guardians. The Japanese Koma-Inu is also yet another variant of a similar guy. ::::D And then the Japanese Shishi would actually correspond with the Fu Lion, which surprisingly doesn't look much different from the dog.

shadowdust
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 27
If I could be anything, I would be...: I don't know
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I dont have a magical name
Zodiac:

^ I agree, motif beast statue guardian are very common in Asia. In viet nam we also have "fu dogs".

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

They are amazing creatures. The Snow Lion and Longma are already here. The Fu have been conjured, but their vessels have not yet arrived. I have seen them pay an advance visit, and as the conjurer has said I can name them and begin the bonding process before the vessels arrive, they are already named.

The Longma has a distinctively horse-like body, though it's scaled like a carp. K. has lovely orange-and-white koi-like markings. She is the one who manifested as an orange flash when I wore her vessel. But they have the familiar Eastern Dragon-type head. The Ki Lin from Ch has not yet been conjured, so I am interested in seeing what the description will be like.

I have been looking online for figures of all the creatures I have, and buying them one by one. I'm so glad I ran across the article that equates Longma with Ki Lin, because I was having a hard time finding anything listed as a Longma. Chi Lin/Qilin/Ki Lin, on the other hand, are plentiful.

Gazelle
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 9
Zodiac:

You touched on another good point by bringing up all the different spellings of the Dragon Horse's alternative name. Often times, sounds in one language have absolutely no perfect romanization equivalent in another language's alphabet. When I lived/worked in various countries in Asia, I noticed that even modern maps and signs would be inconsistent on romanized spellings because there all variations were equally accurate and inaccurate at describing the original pronounication.

This also brings to mind how some sellers purposely rename some species for philosophical reasons. Lisa aka real magick names her Sin Eaters as Soul Cleansers as she believes that is a healthier term for us to use.

I ♥ my Werewolf, Gregori Watcher, Brass Dragon, Goddess Djinn, Siren, and Volkhs.

"Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful." - Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Return to “Dragons”