My new adopted dragons.. What to expect

merlinjr
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4

So I've been fascinated with dragons all my life, from dragonlance novels and the way to How to Train Your Dragon, and I finally located a way to make my dreams come true. I have a custom Green, and a custom Silver that I have adopted and anxiously waiting to find me as well as a recommended Brass to start my collection. With these two guys(and gal) coming to stay, what should I expect in the first little while of the bonding process? The brass is a c4 so should be easier to converse with, and I picked him and the silver because they are energetic and friendly. The silver and green are both c5 t3 and I picked the green to help me communicate with the others as well as learn about myself. From reading the forums, it sounds like I may have initial bonding issues with the c5's due to them being so overwhelmingly powerful, but the c4 is there to help get me started. Any pointers or tips for an avid dragon fan and a newbie in this exciting turn of my life? Obviously be around them and talk to them constantly, but do I have to lay down house rules for white art dragons? Do I need to worry about them tormenting the neighbours cat or taking things into their own hands if someone hurts me? Thank you for the help.. I look foreward to many other dragons coming to roost in my life. I have an eye on a red and a blue, and for some reason am drawn to a Cleopatra Djinn and a vampire. The latter scares me still, and the former is so well beyond my abilities to even want to deal with :)

EGOTIST
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Congrats on welcoming your new Companions to your Family! 8)|*

Some tips:

1) Include them in your daily activities. I found my Companions very polite and formal, when it comes to these things. At first, I thought they'd do anything with me without me asking, but I realized that formally asking helps them know that you want them to join you in whatever you're doing.

2) Lay down House Rules. It doesn't matter if a being is White Arts, Dark Arts, or Black Arts even, they can ALL cause harm if they so choose, just as us Humans can. With White Arts however, it's very unlikely, rare even, for them to cause harm, unless someone happens to harm you, in which case, they (if they're protective beings) will loyally guard against that being. And make sure to SPECIFY the rules. You may interpret a rule this way, but they may interpret it in another, so specify to avoid a hot-mess confusion.

3) Treats. Everyone loves presents. So every now and then, it's nice to show appreciation for them by giving something. 7\ But it's not a requirement, and anything given should be given out of kindness and love, not out of a formality.

4) Treat them with respect. They are your Companions, much like your Human friends. So refrain from being bossy, and thinking that you tower over them. A common mistake in grammar amongst us newbies, is typing that we "bought" the Spirit, but in actuality, we only bought their vessel and the means to which they were Bound. So, do not confuse ownership of the vessel with the ownership of the being inside the vessel. They're two different things.

And for being gravitated towards the Cleopatra Djinn and Vampyre, don't worry. Go at your own pace. When you feel that you're ready for them, then go forward. If not, then you can reject their Call for now. They'll understand if you're unprepared.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

My white arts spirits do not give me any reason to use house rules with them. They do not cause harm, so they don't need watching. Not being a creature of duality like humans, they do not do bad things. The only worry you should be concerned with is the energy that you will feel from them. Once you tell them to tone that down, you should feel nothing worse than love.
One thing to point out is with white arts creatures, you don't have to worry about karmic kickback because they are incapable of doing harm. It simply is not in their nature.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
merlinjr
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4

Hey those are some awesome pointers. Do I have to worry about them fighting for a pecking order with me, or will they just naturally assume roles like multiple pets do? I hate to use the word pet, as if anything im theirs.

Jovana
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Huffette wrote:My white arts spirits do not give me any reason to use house rules with them. They do not cause harm, so they don't need watching. Not being a creature of duality like humans, they do not do bad things. The only worry you should be concerned with is the energy that you will feel from them. Once you tell them to tone that down, you should feel nothing worse than love.
One thing to point out is with white arts creatures, you don't have to worry about karmic kickback because they are incapable of doing harm. It simply is not in their nature.
This is what I was looking for...

I have 5 courtwind angels with me. Last night, I had a dream that told me white arts spirits DO need house rules. At the time I knew very little about house rules in general. Today I've been researching about it, trying to get more answers. Why do you think my dream would say they need house rules? Is it maybe to do with them being spirits of protection? Or something else?

Namaste,
Jovana

<3 5 courtwind angels, 1 psy vampire, 1 senmurv <3
jewelheart
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Fairy
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Wings
Zodiac:

I don't have many house rules and I do have a couple of darker art spirits. I do demand that no other inbounds come in and I also stipulate that their energy shouldn't be as strong to affect my moods negatively, although that might be a misnomer when dealing with dark arts spirits. I am not sure what rules you should put in place for white arts spirits. Unless it would be for some kind of order in how they give guidance to you, which I could see doing myself since I have many spirits. Maybe ask them during meditation in in your next dream what kinds of directions that they think you should have for your spirits. It may just be that, a manner of direction or a task for them. Idk. Keep us up-to-date on what you find.

I LOVE Dragons!!
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

merlinjr wrote:So I've been fascinated with dragons all my life, from dragonlance novels and the way to How to Train Your Dragon, and I finally located a way to make my dreams come true. I have a custom Green, and a custom Silver that I have adopted and anxiously waiting to find me as well as a recommended Brass to start my collection. With these two guys(and gal) coming to stay, what should I expect in the first little while of the bonding process? The brass is a c4 so should be easier to converse with, and I picked him and the silver because they are energetic and friendly. The silver and green are both c5 t3 and I picked the green to help me communicate with the others as well as learn about myself. From reading the forums, it sounds like I may have initial bonding issues with the c5's due to them being so overwhelmingly powerful, but the c4 is there to help get me started. Any pointers or tips for an avid dragon fan and a newbie in this exciting turn of my life? Obviously be around them and talk to them constantly, but do I have to lay down house rules for white art dragons? Do I need to worry about them tormenting the neighbours cat or taking things into their own hands if someone hurts me? Thank you for the help.. I look foreward to many other dragons coming to roost in my life. I have an eye on a red and a blue, and for some reason am drawn to a Cleopatra Djinn and a vampire. The latter scares me still, and the former is so well beyond my abilities to even want to deal with :)
I have well over 200 dragons in my family. They are easy to bond with and enjoy interactions with their keeper. They do not cause problems with the neighbors or their animals. They will help you on occasion, but do love to talk. As for rules, you really don't need them if they are WA spirits because they listen and will do no harm unless it is absolutely necessary to keep their keeper from harm.
As for pointers, they love dragonsblood incense for treats. They love shiny things, so you might want to pick up shiny things for their lairs. Maybe costume jewelry, as they love to look at it. Find specialty stores that sell sea glass for decorations and put some in their lairs, as that is what is found in their caves on their realm.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

merlinjr wrote:Hey those are some awesome pointers. Do I have to worry about them fighting for a pecking order with me, or will they just naturally assume roles like multiple pets do? I hate to use the word pet, as if anything im theirs.
I have not found a pecking order with any of my spirits. They work together for the common good of all of them, like a family. I have both white arts and dark arts. None squabble because I laid down a rule for the dark arts, that we all get along. They do it out of love and respect for the keeper.

Huffette

Return to “Dragons”