Letting Go Of Your Expectations.

Olivia
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Alpha Minion.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jakos Demon.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I'd like to discuss a very common issue amongst new spirit keepers. Expectations. These are a very big no-no. They put a big restrictive barrier in your relationships with your spirits and does not allow said relationships to progress. I have compiled a short list involving these expectations and hopefully you'll be able to understand why you need to let go of them (in my own words and in the words of some fellow spirit keepers.)

Spirit keeping is different for everyone. No two keepers will have the same exact experiences and interactions with their spirits. Waiting for what your expecting can prevent you from having real (and possibly different) experiences of your own.

Let go of your expectations. If you expect nothing to happen, you'll be open to recognizing true interaction from your spirits. Holding expectations just blocks out what your spirits are doing (whether it be for you, to you or because of you.)

Get to know your spirits. Don't expect them to jump the gun and immediately start manifesting to you (which could very well be a possibility but this is not a thread for those people, haha.) Take the time to bond (and not just for the sake of "bonding" so that they will meet your expectations.)

Have patience. Having patience does not mean waiting for a "reasonable" period of time and calling it quits. Having patience is persisting in your side of interaction with your spirits and expecting nothing in return. If you expect nothing, you will not be disappointed by anything. Disappointment is a big issue when it comes to spirit interaction!

No matter how silly you sound or feel talking to yourself, remember that they can hear you. You may not be able to hear them but they certainly can hear you! Continue talking to them, whether it be telepathically or verbally.

Let things happen in their own terms. Don't try to push things along, even your so-called "helpful push" can act as a barrier in interaction. A helpful tip is to know yourself and what thoughts and feelings are your own. Any that "out of character" might just be that of your spirit's!

Be open to different ways of manifestation. They may not manifest to you like so and so's spirit did for them but again each spirit is different!

Don't fall into the stage of desperation. Often this happens when you do not receive interaction. Use common sense when differentiating true activity from your spirits and you know, non-paranormal things.

Don't worry about the things that haven't happened. Take note of what has happened.

Be grateful for the little things. Spirits won't always reveal themselves to in a grand fashion. Appreciate the little signs that they show you and acknowledge, as that is the start of a wonderful relationship.

The one expectation that you should have is to expect the unexpected! Each spirit is different and will manifest differently.

And lastly, continue to have love and respect for your spirits. It doesn't matter whether you don't "receive" interactions or wishes granted or expectations met, every day is a new day, and a fresh opportunity. Continue showing them your unconditional love and respect and continue to have hope that your bond will blossom and grow!

Anyways, I believe I covered some of what I have to say about this topic. I do have a lot more to say but I will save that for another time, another day. I hope this thread was able to help some of you. This forum is filled with wonderful threads and a lot of wisdom so be sure to check out all of that out. Especially this one, (http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 75&t=42402) where you will be able to find more advice. A lot of what I have said has been taken from that thread so all due credit to those who wrote and contributed to it!

-Olivia.

Formerly known as OliviaSpirit.
Pat
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: All in my Keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: My best Self.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Aleris
Zodiac:

Thank you Olivia. This is a great reminder to rein in expectations. Eg. If I found a horse hair it would show me a Unicorn has visited me. The more sensible me says it takes me a long time to get to know someone and why should this be any different. One thing that did happen was I had a thought which was in a Latin based language. Many hours later I looked up the words for an English translation. The Latin words I said in my head translated to 'Beloved'. Unexpected!!

I'm looking forward to what else you want to say.

Keep: Encantado (L), Trio of Angels (MAJ), AA Michael, Unicorn (A), Glass Bell Seraph (Z), Khodam (R), Gold Dragon (C), Star Fairy (U), Arkan Sonney (L), Duojna, Female Marid Elder Jinn (M)

"I don't know where I'm going but, I'm on my way" - Carl Sagan
laneybug7
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: human
If I could be anything, I would be...: faerie
My magical/paranormal name...: Ivy Soleil

Very good advice and so true!

In my family: 14 spirited dolls, 1 aubres faerie, 2 butterfly faerie, 1 sun dragon, 1 white dragon, 1 brass dragon,1 camelot faerie, 1 vermilion dragon,1 unicorn, 1 star faerie,1 pixie, 1 mermaid, 1 phoenix,1 gold dragon, and 1 pegasus

On the way: , 1 red dragon, 1 asenne faerie,1 green dragon, , 2 stering angels, 1 merman, 1 silver dragon, 1 high elf, 1 brownyn angel, 1 waif fae, and 1 woodland faerie,' ;)

Spirit Keeper for life!
WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eldrazi
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kuya Pilo

Ugh, why did ya had to post my problems. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

this is an important thing to remember.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Janka
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampires, dragons
My magical/paranormal name...: Janka Tethys

Good post. 1tu

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Many of these are also applicable for magick, either spell-binding, casting yourselves, or asking someone to cast for you. Very nice:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Olivia
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Alpha Minion.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jakos Demon.

Still think that this is applicable to some. Lots of love and a bumpity bump!

-Olivia.

Formerly known as OliviaSpirit.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

This is very awesome, and something I definitely need to see. Constantly try to abide to these sorts of thoughts, and not to expect too much of it, but my doubting mind has been difficult. But I'll adjust and the spirits around me have been very accommodating, for which I am forever grateful for. 1tu :hug: :hug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
TheExplorer568
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

This has been a big help Olivia! I hear u and will be tryn to let go of my expectations.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Return to “Spirit Keeping”