neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Greetings!

It's with much embarrassment that I admit that my absence on these forums has also meant an unintended break from my path in spirit keeping. My head has simply not been in the right place for it, and it mirrors the sort of self-generated slump that I can get in my social life. It's just something that I do when I feel overwhelmed. I indulge in escapism and just try to forget my problems by forgetting everything, even the good.

Yeah, not healthy. 0/10 would not recommend.

But I continued wearing my companions' vessels, as well as saying hi or giving little offerings now and then. And of course, lots of apologies for being such a dud. Even as our communication waned, I still only ever felt supportive, understanding messages coming my way. Well, I did have a couple of them pointing out how badly I'm handling my own mental health, but they're not wrong.

I finally feel like it's a good time to come back - both to the forum and active practice. For now I want to make a routine for working with everyone in adequate amounts, and slowly approaching them one at a time until I manage to make that happen. I gotta at least try to be more responsible and reliable for them. They may have been understanding, but they deserve better than what I've been giving them until now.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with slumps? Or felt like you haven't been doing enough? My house is a hubbub of bound and unbound spirits/entities and sometimes I wonder if anyone else ever needs a break from it all. To hide away until your own confidence and energy recharges.

Anyway... I'm back. Your (sometimes) friendly neighborhood fox will be lurking around the forum and getting caught up with goings-on. I look forward to talking with everyone again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

Welcome back, dear! Yes, I've been in a few slumps myself. Thankfully, I pull out of them pretty quickly, but it doesn't make me any less sad when they occur.

Spirit Family
1 Loch Ness, 2 Werewolves, 1 Duojna, 1 Gregori Watcher, 4 Hellhounds, 1 Pegasus, 1 Cwn Annwn, 1 Amarok, 2 Cerberuses, 3 Einherjars, 1 Draugr, 1 Sanguine Vampire, 1 Grim Reaper, 1 T-Rex, 1 Fenrir, 1 Viking Warrior, 1 Wolf Servitor, 1 Mermaid/Vampire Hybrid, 1 Human Assassin, 1 Cu Sith, 1 Okami, 2 Character Bindings, 1 Bone Dragon, 1 Ghostie Alpha, 1 Incubus, 1 Succubus, 1 Wraith
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Welcome back, sometimes, we just need a break to get our heads together. No shame in it. And being overwhelmed is a hard thing. Between work, child, roommates, cleaning, and various other necessities, it can beat you down.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Welcome back.
And yes, R&R is important

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Sionnach
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Thank you all for the welcome and reassurance. :) It means a lot.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I know it's been a month already, but better late post then never, welcome back Sionnach. :) :hug: Glad to see you here, I recognize you from a few posts haha. I'm happy that you are feeling better, I understand what it feels like to be in a slump

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Welcome back. I wondered what happened to you.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Spirit Keeping”