Can spirits do things without your permission?

TankStare
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

Hi all!

I had an interesting question. Can spirits change your thoughts/beliefs or carry out tasks for you without your permission?

Not necessarily as a mischievous deed, but for other reasons. For example, if you asked them to do something and they didn't feel comfortable to do, could they subtly change your thought process so you no longer desired that? Or if necessary, take it upon themselves to change a situation or plant/remove a thought in your mind for whatever reason? Let's say you have a skewed view on something or are not in accordance with your divine plan/highest good, could a spirit forgo a request or change your thought process based on THEIR perception of the implications or their willingness to help?

Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

I think that may depend on the spirit. Some have those powers others have not. Some might also have the power but would never use it on their own keeper for their own benefit. I would think that if they did not want to do something then they just would not do it and maybe or maybe not give you an explanation. It may also not prove to e in your best interest to have a dream come true eg to win the lottery and then become a crack head because you have the money and nothing better to do. In this case an entity such as an Angel who has foresight would not grant you the wish but i cannot see them trying to manipulate your mind.

I am not an expert however and if i am wrong then i would like to be corrected rather than living in ignorance!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I agree, it would depend entirely on the spirit or entity that you are Keeping. Most spirits will act in your best interest, and sometimes it may mean they use spiritual or astral means of influence to encourage or discourage you with regard to a person, situation, decision, etc.

However, if you have house rules that dictate against such behavior, they should not overstep that boundary.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

The Chinese Immortal Kwan Yin would be good too. A lot of pregnant women use her statues as comfort. So having her with the nurses and people that look after them, might be good also.

Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Dude i have to stop having more than one tab open at a time..Wrong spot!!! sorry about that folks.

Kim Junsu
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I agree with Search4DLight and Magnolia, I think it depends on the spirit or entity!=) I didn't know anything about influencing thoughts and beliefs, till I read Magnolia's post, so thank you for that Mags!=D Though about tasks... I certainly think that some spirits are able to do things without getting the "okay" from you first, especially if you don't have house rules in place... Though I think I have heard some people on the forum mention having a spirit that is more testy, and not following the house rules, and getting warned...=P

-Junsu-

Laugh when you need to,
frown cause you're mad.
Scream when you feel shocked,
cry when feeling sad.
Just be yourself people!
No need to pretend!
Just remember, let out a smile,
for a finishing touch at the end!=)
Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

Is there a thread somewhere is a list of house rules? Great tool for newbies as there are bound to be things that are forgotten about and then brought up when it's too late. eg i would not think to make it a rule not to alter anyones mind in the family but now that it has been highlighted, it may be a prudent rule of the house.

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels

Yes, they can! :thumbup: All spirits have free will and many of them have direct access to a much higher level of knowledge than most of us will ever gain in this lifetime. So, because of their perspective on past/present/future situations, they can definitely change your point of view.

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
Kim Junsu
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Search4DLight wrote:Is there a thread somewhere is a list of house rules? Great tool for newbies as there are bound to be things that are forgotten about and then brought up when it's too late. eg i would not think to make it a rule not to alter anyones mind in the family but now that it has been highlighted, it may be a prudent rule of the house.
Here's a thread where some people have posted their house rules up: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... es#p190720

Hope it helps! ::bleh::

-Junsu-

Laugh when you need to,
frown cause you're mad.
Scream when you feel shocked,
cry when feeling sad.
Just be yourself people!
No need to pretend!
Just remember, let out a smile,
for a finishing touch at the end!=)

Return to “Spirit Keeping”