sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Black arts is just a label. Doesn't mean everyone will agree on what to label as such. For some it means anything bending another person's will, for others it's causing harm or destruction to someone or something. Some it is for a force that cannot be controlled or communicated with or is deceptive and asks for a high price in return.

I would say list out BA spirits to so readers get an idea. From what I understand fallen angels and demons are not BA. So arguing the other's ability to keep these things is futile. But some would classify a hydra, and others as so. Also for those who are not conjuring, just be aware some really do sell "things" for entertainment and its a kiddie koolaid version of the real thing.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
Zodiac:

suga wrote:Black arts is just a label. Doesn't mean everyone will agree on what to label as such. For some it means anything bending another person's will, for others it's causing harm or destruction to someone or something. Some it is for a force that cannot be controlled or communicated with or is deceptive and asks for a high price in return.

I would say list out BA spirits to so readers get an idea. From what I understand fallen angels and demons are not BA. So arguing the other's ability to keep these things is futile. But some would classify a hydra, and others as so. Also for those who are not conjuring, just be aware some really do sell "things" for entertainment and its a kiddie koolaid version of the real thing.
Very much this. ^ ^ ^

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

The keeping of BA spirits is definitely a challenge. 1st and foremost is control of self and control of your own emotions. A person who is not firmly in control will find their fortitude tested. + BA are not for everyone. If it's not for you, no shame in the game. You may be perfectly comfortable with DA. That's kewl. But if you strive to be a BA keeper, then you have chosen a path that is not easy, nor is there any signposts. But there are those of us who understand and are there to mentor you on your path. We have a commitment to Ash and to CH. We are friends of the craft. And we are here to help you. It is an extremely difficult path. We are here for the dedicated. Ash lead the way for me. Namaste, Alex

+8

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

:ot: Alex, glad to see you around posting again buddy, however long you plan to stay, you have been missed. :hug:

moonstone
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Fawn Moonstone Clover
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:The keeping of BA spirits is definitely a challenge. 1st and foremost is control of self and control of your own emotions. A person who is not firmly in control will find their fortitude tested. + BA are not for everyone. If it's not for you, no shame in the game. You may be perfectly comfortable with DA. That's kewl. But if you strive to be a BA keeper, then you have chosen a path that is not easy, nor is there any signposts. But there are those of us who understand and are there to mentor you on your path. We have a commitment to Ash and to CH. We are friends of the craft. And we are here to help you. It is an extremely difficult path. We are here for the dedicated. Ash lead the way for me. Namaste, Alex

+8

I just wanted to second killa, it's really nice to see you back!! Sorry for the :ot:

Moonstone

Moonstone

In western lands beneath the Sun the flowers may rise in Spring, the trees may bud, the waters run, the merry finches sing. Or there maybe 'tis cloudless night and swaying beeches bear the Elven-stars as jewels white amid their branching hair. Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars for ever dwell: I will not say the day is done nor bid the stars farewell. ROTK
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:The keeping of BA spirits is definitely a challenge. 1st and foremost is control of self and control of your own emotions. A person who is not firmly in control will find their fortitude tested. + BA are not for everyone. If it's not for you, no shame in the game. You may be perfectly comfortable with DA. That's kewl. But if you strive to be a BA keeper, then you have chosen a path that is not easy, nor is there any signposts. But there are those of us who understand and are there to mentor you on your path. We have a commitment to Ash and to CH. We are friends of the craft. And we are here to help you. It is an extremely difficult path. We are here for the dedicated. Ash lead the way for me. Namaste, Alex

+8
So good to see you back Alex and a very good post :hug: :thumbup: :D

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
moonstone
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Fawn Moonstone Clover
Zodiac:

Bump.

Moonstone

In western lands beneath the Sun the flowers may rise in Spring, the trees may bud, the waters run, the merry finches sing. Or there maybe 'tis cloudless night and swaying beeches bear the Elven-stars as jewels white amid their branching hair. Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars for ever dwell: I will not say the day is done nor bid the stars farewell. ROTK
MarkXander
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 333
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Mark Xander
Zodiac:

All i have to say is excellent post and Perfect for any keeper to read!

Divine Angel, Courtwind Angel x4, Astral Angel, Sparkling Angel, Volkh, Watcher, Succubus, Were Cat Shifter, Kitsune, Gold Dragon, Black Clan Dragon, Death Angel, Witch, Red Dragon, Cat Familiar, Sorcceress, Were-Bear, Arkan Sonney, Wood Eld, Mermaid, Silver Dragon, Portal Fae, Psy Vamp, Alya, Fire Fae, Gryphon, Sterling Angel, Wraith, Garden Elf Oagi Alliance
Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

BUMP :U

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:I'M NOT GOING TO SUGAR COAT OR DANCE AROUND THE ISSUE.

IN GENERAL? NEVER.

IF SOMEONE IS TRAINED, EXPERIENCED, & RESPONSIBLE? POSSIBLY.

BUT, ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU'D WANT TO?

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING A BA SPIRIT CAN DO THAT A DA SPIRIT CANNOT DO IN THE REALM OF POWER. IF YOU WANT TO PRACTICE BA TO COMBAT PEOPLE WHO ABUSE BA POWER, THEN FIGHTING FIRE WITH FIRE CAN BE USEFUL.

IF YOU WANT TO BE THAT PERSON WHO WREAKS HAVOC ON THE REST OF US, THEN YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULDN'T HAVE SPIRITS LIKE THAT.

AND, FOR THE GENERAL POPULATION YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO THINK ABOUT KEEPING BA SPIRITS.

WHY?

1. THEY ARE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL
2. THEY ARE EXTREMELY CUNNING & WILL OUTSMART YOU
3. THEY CAN CONVINCE YOU TO DELUDE YOURSELF INTO THINKING YOU HOLD THE POWER, WHEN YOU DON'T
4. THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO SERIOUS DAMAGE TO YOURSELF & THOSE AROUND YOU
5. THEY WILL CAUSE YOU ISSUES THROUGHOUT THE TIME YOU KEEP THEM; GREAT & SMALL
6. THEY USUALLY DO CHANGE THE PEOPLE KEEPING THEM, SORT OF LIKE THE OLD SAYING "YOU DON'T CHANGE THE DEVIL, THE DEVIL CHANGES YOU"

I DON'T RANK BA SPIRITS AS BA OUT OF MORAL CODE. I RANK BA SPIRITS WHEN I KNOW THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE OR VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL. AND BY VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE I MEAN THERE MAY BE FLEETING MOMENTS WHERE YOU HAVE THE UPPER HAND, BUT ANY PROLONGED EXPOSURE WILL DEFINITELY LAND YOU ON THE SHORT END OF THE STICK.

WORKING WITH BA SPIRITS, FOR THOSE WHO ARE QUALIFIED TO DO SO, CAN BE USEFUL. BUT, ANY PRACTITIONER WHO WORKS WITH THEM RESPONSIBLY DOESN'T HAVE PROLONGED RELATIONSHIPS OR EXPOSURE TO THEM. IT'S MORE LIKE WORKING WITH A CONTRACTOR; YOU DO A JOB, YOU GO YOUR SEPARATE WAYS.

THAT'S MY THOUGHTS ON BA SPIRITS. BEING THE GUY WHO'S CONTACTED WHEN PEOPLE GET IN OVER THE HEADS I CAN SAY FROM EXPERIENCE THAT 99% OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM, AREN'T QUALIFIED TO DO SO, AND USUALLY GET IN OVER THEIR HEADS.
Bump!!!

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Black Arts”