Falling Asleep

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
ghaost
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
If I could be anything, I would be...: Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: M
Zodiac:

Hi guys,

So I mentioned earlier I have a lot of trouble meditating and therefore astral travelling, and the main problem for this is I ALWAYS fall asleep (and then I can't lucid dream or recall any of my dreams, so that isn't any help either) Do y'all have any tips to stay on track?

Emmir
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

One thing you can do is try to mediate when you aren't tired. That's how I keep from falling asleep. Also, if you set a specific time to practice each day, you're body will become more accustomed to it and you can train yourself not to fall asleep that way.

Shine bright...

Forever yours....
Emmir
moonshadowlab
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: DC
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me Myself and I
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I fall alsleep too!

Moonshadowlab AKA Lisa B
bushbeachboy
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

With regards to meditation, something I do when I'm very tired is meditate standing up. It prevents you from falling asleep. When I'm doing that I always set a timer for 10 minutes. That frees my tired brain from wondering if I've spent enough time etc. I just wait for the beep.

I'm intent on getting in 10 minutes of good, focused meditation and it works for me. I have been doing this for more than 20 years, and I would argue that 10 minutes of focused meditation is better than an hour of daydreaming and drifting off.

Each to their own of course. This is one way of doing it. There will be others. There is not only one right way of staying awake. This is just my personal method. Good luck with your search.
Cheers

SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

I'm an avid lucid dreamer and have great recall... however, I was not able to meditate. With the inclusion of a VR headset and an app called Guided Meditation... I took a huge step in to communication with my spirits. Just make sure you're sitting down if you're new to VR. Cause getting up and walking around is dangerous.. I have 4 stitches to prove it. stupid coffee table. :P

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
FenOL
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL FOR LOVE
If I could be anything, I would be...: succubus lol
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: FenOL
Zodiac:

I sit on my couch and with the help from my vamp companion, once I ever reach the trance stance :D
if only my mom didn't call me... I could probably go astral :(
*or course if I do it alone without his help I'll simply fall asleep hahaha his presence giving me a subject to focus at

if you have a companion that can help to guide you, it's never wrong to ask them ^w^
*tho I never asked him to help me and the first time I was afraid until I realize that he was trying to open my third eye lol

psst... my fam said they don't want any public name so I guess I have to keep using their race ^w^

Trust and Believe and Respect
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

The trouble with falling asleep in meditation is that it only gets worse when you fight it. Don't bother. Just watch it happen with an attitude of curiosity, like a scientist studying a natural phenomenon. If you resist it doesn't just get worse, but it lasts after you are done meditating.

ghaost
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
My magical/paranormal name...: M
Zodiac:

Thanks for the tips everyone!
FenOL wrote: if you have a companion that can help to guide you, it's never wrong to ask them ^w^
*tho I never asked him to help me and the first time I was afraid until I realize that he was trying to open my third eye lol
I'll try that, but I'm afraid I don't really have much communication with any of my companions yet.
SpyderBite wrote:I'm an avid lucid dreamer and have great recall... however, I was not able to meditate. With the inclusion of a VR headset and an app called Guided Meditation
Yeah I wanted to try guided meditation, I think that might help because then I have to kind of pay attention to something. Thanks!
bushbeachboy wrote:With regards to meditation, something I do when I'm very tired is meditate standing up. It prevents you from falling asleep. When I'm doing that I always set a timer for 10 minutes. That frees my tired brain from wondering if I've spent enough time etc. I just wait for the beep.
That's an interesting method I haven't heard of that before. Could you explain a little more? It sounds like something that might be good for me because I also don't ever have enough time.

Return to “Meditation”