maythens meditation links

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

If you have issues with anxiety, racing thoughts, intrusive thoughts, stress, or just plain fidgety YOU are Exactly who needs meditation.

Everyone is capable of meditative practice and Everyone will benefit. Meditation helps to discipline the mind and prepare it for clear open communication.

Don't believe me? follow the first link
http://www.ineedmotivation.com/blog/200 ... editation/

Below are links to 4 common forms of meditation. If none of these appeal to you, there are many others. I encourage you take advantage of any instruction or classes offered in your community. A little hands-on help can make a huge difference if you’re just getting started or struggling.

transcendental meditation
http://www.tm.org/benefits-adhd

guided meditation (you can get these free from iTunes too)
http://www.themeditationpodcast.com/

moving meditation (introduction to tai chi)
http://nccam.nih.gov/health/taichi/introduction.htm

Yoga Nidra
http://www.yogawonders.com/

Personally, I find going through a Ground and Center type meditation works best when teaching those who are very new or struggling. The following should take you to a link with multiple forms to try out.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... it=+ground

I see so many posts (and have had so many conversations) in which a person bemoans that their personal special circumstances render them incapable of meditation. Quite frankly, that’s just cr@p. There is no physical, mental, or emotional disability that will not benefit from mindfulness. If you can read this on the internet (so you aren’t in a coma or suspended animation) then you can meditate. Now if you truly have a disability, you may need to see a professional for instruction, or not all forms may be appropriate for you. (paraplegics probably wont do well with tai chi. The blind may not benefit as much from looking at a mandala as the sighted)

If you’ve been letting your mind run along doing whatever it pleases for your Entire Life it’s probably going to take more than a few YouTube videos to make a change. Meditation requires a commitment, and that doesn’t mean now and then or for a few weeks. But really, we are talking maybe… 10 minutes a day. Seriously? Your personal and spiritual evolution isn’t worth 10 minutes of your day?

Meditation is a practice that engages you for a lifetime. You don’t master it in a few weeks then move on. Part of a daily meditative practice is the ritual of it, and that’s not going to groove into your life overnight.

Another common fallacy I see repeated is the idea of multi-task meditation. I’m not saying that it doesn’t exist (like the checkout beep that can induce alpha waves in a cashiers brain with repetition) but if that’s All you are doing (or are capable of doing) then you are doing it wrong. Do Not meditate while driving! Pay attention to the road. Remaining calmly in the moment is fine (which meditation can help you do) but that’s enough. Again… you can’t give up ten minutes?

If you’ve been devoting ten minutes each day without fail for a full three months, try a different form. If ten minutes a day is just impossible, break it up into five minutes twice a day. (Oh My God she’s asking for five minutes Gasp, the Horror, twice daily) If night time doesn’t work for you, do it in the morning. If you can’t cope with either try noon or on your scheduled morning break.

If you want clear communication with your spirits, more focused spell work, or just to be able to relax at the end of a long day then meditation is what you need.
Don't throw away this valuable tool just because it requires a little discipline.

EDIT:
Sorry moderators... thought i had growlixed that word enough to pass as acceptable.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Hey Maythen, thanks for posting this, the mediation with the root conncetion is one of my favorite ones that I love, it is very easy to do!!!!! :thumbup:

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

THANK YOU ALSO TO MAYTHEN!

I'M GONNA TAKE A LOOK AT THESE LATER. :thumbup:

::leprechaun::

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

TM (transcendental meditation) is one of the systems that seems to require a fairly significant investment. (i think that website said $1500) But I've known people who swore no other meditation worked for them untill they took TM instruction.

Personally, I suspect it's the 1 on 1 instruction from a trainer that really made the difference.

The Yoga Nidra is especially good for those who want a very logical cerebral form.

I personally prefer guided meditation, but I've always had a fondness for story time.

I just got a little frustrated seeing so many people insist they Can't meditate, when what they really meant was "I don't know how and I'm not willing to make any real effort to improve"
Meditation isn't easy. Particularly if you're coming from a modern westernized view point. We are trained to Constant thinking, multi tasking, running towards a goal we can't see. Contemplation is considered useless or lazy. (how many times have you been told to stop daydreaming and get to work?)

But it is SO worth it.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Maythen21 wrote:TM (transcendental meditation) is one of the systems that seems to require a fairly significant investment. (i think that website said $1500) But I've known people who swore no other meditation worked for them untill they took TM instruction.

Personally, I suspect it's the 1 on 1 instruction from a trainer that really made the difference.

The Yoga Nidra is especially good for those who want a very logical cerebral form.

I personally prefer guided meditation, but I've always had a fondness for story time.

I just got a little frustrated seeing so many people insist they Can't meditate, when what they really meant was "I don't know how and I'm not willing to make any real effort to improve"
Meditation isn't easy. Particularly if you're coming from a modern westernized view point. We are trained to Constant thinking, multi tasking, running towards a goal we can't see. Contemplation is considered useless or lazy. (how many times have you been told to stop daydreaming and get to work?)

But it is SO worth it.
I agree Maythen!!!!! It can be hard to learn to do because we all have been so programed to always be busy doing something!!!!!

If a person could just sit for five mintues and try it, then keeping doing that until they could increase the time, that would be a start!!!

I always say if you got a candle handy, light the candle then sit there and think of nothing, but keep your focus on nothing but the flame of the candle, it is a easy way to shut your mind up, because all your focus is on the candle flame!!!!

Then from there you can really get some meditation going on, heck if you have a dragon or two, you may end up seeing them in the flame!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I adore fire meditation, and I had completely forgotten to add that technique, thank you for reminding me. At pagan gatherings I generally end up with the drummers, despite my lack of musical ability, because I love to just trance out on the bonfire.

laboshka
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 130
Spelled Number: 105
Your favorite spirit to work with: All Races
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Laboshka
Zodiac:

Thank you is it very helpful :rainbow:

The only way to walk through walls, the barriers of space, is through the voids that we create between here and that place.
Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

What has helped me is I have several different types of meditations on my mp3 player, and listen to one of them daily. The benefits are well worth taking time from the many distractions in life.

Return to “Meditation”