Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

So I just thought I would share. Yesterday, my brother brought over this really old, beautiful, all silver, pocket watch. You know, the old ones with the chain. It belonged to his wife's grandfather that passed some time ago. Her grandmother passed a couple of weeks ago and when he went to the funeral he was given this man's watch. So I decided to see if I could get anything off the watch. I had never tried anything like this before, but after receiving my dragon and the DNA activation I decided to give it a try. I placed the pocket watch in my left hand then placed my right hand over it, hovering a little. The first impression i got was of a photograph of his wife when they were very young, I explained to my brother what she looked like but he didn't know and couldn't confirm. So then I decided to try and get a name.
I concentrated then "heard" the name Donald. So I said to him I am getting a D. like Donal, I was going to say Donald but then I heard "no d" so i said Donal. My brothers eyes got big and said his name was Doyal. There is no way I could guess something like that. This was the first time I have tried anything like this and to get so close is really exciting. :jawdrop:

My question is what type of psychic ability would this be called?

Thanks for reading

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca
Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Hi SEER, it's called psychometry-the ability to read objects
Psychometry - Also known as "object reading", psychometry enables a psychic to pick up on psychic impressions (vibrations) left on an object by someone connected with it. Someone with this ability could use an unfamiliar object to reveal much about its owner.

:thumbup:

SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks Angelfire. :D

To add a footnote to the story I for some reason also decided to smell the watch and I got the distinctive odor of soap. My brother did then say he was a physician. I handed the watch back and asked if he could smell it. He said he could not. Makes since to me. Soap=antiseptics=doctors. Is this in the same category as psychometry? What do you all think about getting so close to the name the first time i tried? :feedback:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
Zodiac:

Hi Seer :wave:
Your abilities are enhancing :clap:
the smelling is called clairalience (a joke among Psychics, we call it Clairsmelliant) :lol:

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
PsiDraco
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Yeah I like to call it "clairesmellience" as well. I can smell things at times when I tap into things, and or spirits or astral projections of other entities. It is a very tough skill to master, as the intended live subject can either smell really good or STINK!

SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

PsiDraco wrote:Yeah I like to call it "clairesmellience" as well. I can smell things at times when I tap into things, and or spirits or astral projections of other entities. It is a very tough skill to master, as the intended live subject can either smell really good or STINK!

lol...well I guess lucky for me I smelled soap.

MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
Zodiac:

Yeah, that is a good smell
Some people get Yucky smells :lol:

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

:hug: Congrats on the psychometry! :thumbup:
Learning to follow your intuitive guidance can help a lot in opening your psychic senses.
The 5 clairs are: Clairvoyance (clear seeing), Clairaudience (clear hearing), Clairsentience ( clear empathy or feeling), Clairgustance/Clairambience (clear tasting) and Clairalience (clear smelling).

Edit: forgot to add claircognizance (clear knowing)

:grouphug:

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ellen wrote:Yeah, that is a good smell
Some people get Yucky smells :lol:
I can also identify with the yucky smell. Many years ago, probably 1999 or 2000 I was sitting in my living room with a friend of mine when I "received" the most atrocious smell I had ever encountered. I likened it to the way pure ammonia will catch in your throat and basically stop the inhalation. I let it go and then it happened a couple more times. I looked at my friend and asked "do you smell that?" He said no. I was a little shaken because it wasn't the first time. I went outside to be alone and compose myself then returned to the living room. It happened again and I turned to him and said "this is the smell of death, someone is going to die soon." He laughed it off with that "your weird" look, and I didn't smell it again after that. The next day he called me to tell me that our friend, his roommate, had died that night around 2am. After the initial shock and grief, I said to him "remember what I said yesterday?" He was crying and said "don't talk to me about that right now." So I never did. As a matter of fact i don't think i have talked about it until now.

MoonLightWeaver
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Congratulations..!!

It's so great to see so many people discovering their abilities..!!!

Yes indeed.. things like those happened to me. Knowing who lived at a certain place before, or picking up an object and seeing who owned it and etc... :D

I'm so happy for you!

Return to “General Questions”