Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Nienna wrote:How do you recognise thoughtform from spirits interacting with you as an imaginery friend?

Do you grow thinking it was a thoughtform you created and discover that it was in fact a spirit (or it was not a spirit but a thoughtform)?
Vipera probably has a better answer, but generally speaking thoughtforms develop with us and have consistent time and energy put into them in order to come of their own. Spirits don't require us to develop and are capable of learning on their own and doing their own thing. Their energy also tends to feel very different (imo) with Thoughtforms usually having a trace back or "clone" or even a "plastic-like" feel that may even be similar to one's own energy, whereas Spirits carry an organic feel that is much more unique to themselves.

Again I could be wrong.
This has just been my experience with the two.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Nienna wrote:How do you recognise thoughtform from spirits interacting with you as an imaginery friend?

Do you grow thinking it was a thoughtform you created and discover that it was in fact a spirit (or it was not a spirit but a thoughtform)?
Muse was on point about this so there's not too much I can add.
In my particular example with the imaginary friend, I always knew he was real...he just came out of nowhere and began interacting with me when I moved to a certain area (which was a huge paranormal hotspot, portals everywhere, the place was craaaazy).
The fact my mom experienced him independently of me proved there was more to him objectively, and when I grew up and reached out to find him - being told who/what he actually was just sealed the deal.
(He was an angelic being, I saw him as a little boy because that's what I could handle at the time. Though I had also seen him as a spider at another point, unsure why I could handle that as a wee lass! He must have hypnotized me.
So, it is also good to keep in mind how beings can potentially take on very different forms depending on the person, and you may mistake that for being something you made up when it was simply their choice to show you this aspect.)

However, yeah, thoughtforms feel very different from a spirit or living being. It's hard to explain this perfectly as you would get it better from direct experience. Should you encounter a variety of beings and keep note of how they are manifesting for you or what you get from them, then you can compare and would instantly know when something is just a thoughtform (or even...a thoughtform gone rogue, lol).

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Muse was on point about this so there's not too much I can add.
*screeching off in the background* The fancy lady approved whoo!! <3
Vipera aspis atra wrote: (or even...a thoughtform gone rogue, lol).
dun dun dunnnn

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Vipera aspis atra wrote: So, it is also good to keep in mind how beings can potentially take on very different forms depending on the person, and you may mistake that for being something you made up when it was simply their choice to show you this aspect.)
I agree with this statement.A lot of my keep tend to appear to me as animated characters often or as someone or something I've seen before.They even encouraged me to find pictures for a representation of them that they can appear to me as.My animalistic ones even prefer appearing as anthro's so they can return the affection in a more natural and easier way but do appear as they normal would as their species.Sometimes they have a form that seems original until I look up something and find a pic that looks exactly like them only to find more by looking up the character in the image.Even immortals I'm close to like kali take the form of favored adult actors on some sites I've looked at to be more comforting and seductive if not looking like the images on sites for what lost pause on youtube calls"off-brand anime".

I don't know about the discerning bit since I had some interactions with anime characters and they didn't seem that different from anyone elts even if they were no different from the anime so I don't know how you would be able to tell right of the back but with how my keep tend to show themselves out of comfort and conveniences I can see how easily the mistake menchend can happen if you don't know its them like how another post on the forum is talking about spirits appearing differently to them then whats in the description of them.Mine portrayed themselves as the way they were described so it wasn't too hard to get use to them and their energy before they took more unrecognizable forms if they weren't shapeshifters to begin with but it would make things difficult if they didn't.

blessed be

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Thanks for your answers , i understand better now that there is a difference in energy :)

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”