Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

Do you have a living entity as a companion in your household?

How does this differ from keeping spirit companions?

I am looking for us to open up more communication regarding the responsibilities, experiences had, and suggestions regarding the difference between these two situations.

I myself do not have a full appreciation for what caring for living entities is really about, and would like to learn more, to develop better relationships with my own spiritual family.

:peace: SFP

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Brandr
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 65
Spelled Number: 155
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Brandr
Zodiac:

I have both living and spirit entities. Also Immortals, which I think have a distinction too. My spirit entities, when they make contact with me, it is usually through visions. When my living Djinn do so, it's been through physical manifestations (I believe) in the form of persons and a strong feeling of presence; once so strong that I picked up their shape and had a giddy feeling as she followed me around. My communication with immortals are both visions and a feeling of a strong presence. I have also had feelings of touch and heard audible noises. The audible noises I believe are from the live ones. I have also had cold air blow at me.

As far as care and keeping, I feel no need to be different around live vs. spirit, but I treat the Immortals differently; more of a veneration of and reverence towards them.

Zin
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Duojna, Black Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: too many options! :o
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I am not entiry sure. I have heard that Lisa's spirits are actually living entities-so if thisbis correct, there are a few from her here.

That aside, there is an unbound critter that I can't properly ID yet who has been aroujd on and off since my birthday, and who has expressed a desire to act as a familiar...so that is...hm. A Thing. That has happened.

And a few immortals...

I walk a path I cannot see, but it's the one that's meant for me. <3
There are Powerlines in our Bloodlines
Proud to have many Giants in my Bloodline.
Seeker of Knowledge.
Bjorg
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Leda Coral
Zodiac:

I have several living entities in my family, the majority of them dragons. In my case it does not differ, as I treat spirits and living entities equally in my house. They all have to follow house rules and no one gets more attention then anyone else. I may very well spend a majority of my time with my TM, but everyone else is invited to hang with us, living entity or not. What I will say is different is the fact that like us, living entities can and often do have very colorful personalities and a full range of emotions. We humans are living entities as well, so in dealing with other living entities we need to step back and look at what we would do and try communicate from there. While I do believe spirits are capable of showing emotions because they once were alive and know what emotions are, they can and ofte are understanding when we might not get it. Living entities are just like us, they are capable of what we are basically, full range of emotions and actions based on those emotions.

Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man.
Psy Vampire from paternal side; Woodland Fae, Merfolk from maternal lineage.
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Differs for me, Living companions manifest stronger, and can seem to manipulate physical matter much easier from what i seen.

Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I am not sure actually. Is my Cancil "B" a living entity? I have been thinking of him as. I should go bug the people over at Bun's board more and find out. He has the strongest energy, He kind of reminds me of my top three as far as that goes, though my top three Are spirits. I'll be watching this thread very closely until I find out!

jsross79
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 350
If I could be anything, I would be...: 58
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: jsross79
Zodiac:

I have both and would love a little more infomation too. I know that living entities are very different in personality because they are still alive just like us. Sothey go though all the emotional ups and downs just like us. Pleas share if you have more information. Would love to hear more on this topic.

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member

I have a wide grouping of living and spirit here, and I really don't treat any of them differently from one another. I tend to think of all of them as having the full range of emotions that I do, capable of living out their lives or existences with me, though I do feel my living beings more frequently than I do my spirit. But they're all allowed a place in my Astral Space, where they build homes or meadows or just gardens as they wish, something to call "their own" within my own area, so to speak, that I can go and enjoy while visiting with them.

I do know that my living bunch has more of an ability to physically manifest themselves and communicates more through visions and "internal voices", while my spirits usually just send me messages through pictures and images with the exception of a few that I'm closest to. They also seem to have more mood swings than my spirits, and I had to "boot" one out of the house temporarily when he was sulking over the fact that I liked a guy I met at my friend's wedding and worked a few loopholes to keep me from dancing with him. :problem: The brat. We've worked through it, though, and all is good for now.

I've also heard a few of my living entities with my physical ears, mostly calling my name to get my attention, but it still makes me jump when they do. :D

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Bjorg
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My magical/paranormal name...: Leda Coral
Zodiac:

Living entities do have more energy then spirits, but there is a catch as well. We are supposedly the center of the multiverse, Earth that is, and this makes our energy vibrations unique. There are planes above us and below us which also have differenet vibrations. (We, Earth, are the center of the multiverse and so are the great balance.) So, the reason we can feel their energy the strongest is due to them having a different vibrational energy pattern then our own. In order for a living entity from another realm to pyshically manifest, on this realm is by changing their vibrational energy to mimic that of Earths.

To read up more on the subject you can look into Tegmark's classification, or Max Tegmark, and well as the M-Theory (string theory) for starters.

Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man.
Psy Vampire from paternal side; Woodland Fae, Merfolk from maternal lineage.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I have interacted with living entities, but I don't "keep" them here - that's one major difference.

I think it's a strange concept to believe one can "keep" a living entity with them the same way as you'd keep a spirit. There may be very rare exceptions, in fact one comes to mind even now where you would be considered a "guardian" which could equate to that in ways - but it's still a very different situation even then, from keeping spirits.

There are living entities, gods/goddesses (immortals), and immortal entities I interact with. You can "keep" a portal to them, but you can't keep them.
I have a binding of an immortal entity, but it's more of a close tie created through that as well as a portal, and infused with their unique energy - similar to bindings of gods/goddesses.
I also have a portal to a group of immortal entities.

SO... You can have a strong tie created, keep the essence of, or a portal to a living entity. If you were to actually *bind* a living entity, it would be considered wrong.. I don't see how any would agree to that unless it were part of a deal/pact made, it would typically be done against their will. They are still living out their lives, and truly binding the living presents obvious complications for them.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”