What are the warning signs of 'Pokemon Syndrome'?

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

and bumping this thread :\
just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

bump
- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I would say that as far as warning signs go, any person who has a pattern of spotting a listing, obsessing over that spirit until it arrives, but then quickly loses interest as soon as the NEXT listing catches their eye that they Simply Must Have, is showing warning signs. That person may be a COLLECTOR, but not necessarily a KEEPER.

I am not pointing fingers, given that the list in my signature is ever-growing. But I am also making an effort to give quality time to all the family members. I'm not going to forget the earlier arrivals when the newer arrivals come in.

The problem comes in because we live in a culture that's so geared toward BUY BUY BUY, OWN OWN OWN, and where a lot of powers-that-be encourage us to be easily distracted by something shiny (so they can line their pockets when we run out and buy the latest shiny thing). When you're inundated with materialistic images 24/7, it becomes all too easy to take a materialistic approach even to spiritual things.

And that's how a person becomes a collector with Pokemon Syndrome for materialistic reasons, instead of a keeper who is expanding their spirit family for constructive reasons.
Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Likes2Read wrote:I would say that as far as warning signs go, any person who has a pattern of spotting a listing, obsessing over that spirit until it arrives, but then quickly loses interest as soon as the NEXT listing catches their eye that they Simply Must Have, is showing warning signs. That person may be a COLLECTOR, but not necessarily a KEEPER.

I am not pointing fingers, given that the list in my signature is ever-growing. But I am also making an effort to give quality time to all the family members. I'm not going to forget the earlier arrivals when the newer arrivals come in.

The problem comes in because we live in a culture that's so geared toward BUY BUY BUY, OWN OWN OWN, and where a lot of powers-that-be encourage us to be easily distracted by something shiny (so they can line their pockets when we run out and buy the latest shiny thing). When you're inundated with materialistic images 24/7, it becomes all too easy to take a materialistic approach even to spiritual things.

And that's how a person becomes a collector with Pokemon Syndrome for materialistic reasons, instead of a keeper who is expanding their spirit family for constructive reasons.
Excellent points made!
- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

Although I have a LOT of spirits now (spells too) it is not from any need to impress others or just 'get them ALL'. Sometimes I do not know WHY I get a spirit when it comes to me, but I find out that there is a VERY good reason for the relationship later. My spirits are all FAMILY and I keep them to learn from them and with them. Sometimes they come to me because I need them as a companion, sometimes because they need ME and what I offer as a companion. Any of my spirits may request to leave for another keeper at any time. I am an Earth Mother, and a Sister to Mother Earth. I am learning how to support and provide energy for this group of spirits. It is part of my evolution. How many spirits does Mother Earth host? So yes, I have lots of spirits. Each one valuable, unique and loved. I am a spirit of my Keeper, Mother Earth. That relationship is evolving and alive, too. 1ey
MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

I have definitely surpassed the initial limit I had set for myself of 12 spirits. I don't want many more than I have now because I like to have a personal one on one relationship with each and it's getting more and more difficult with each arrival. I have been getting the feeling that my two unbounds are ready to move on. Not saying they are abandoning me but that they have another mission and will still come to visit but I would not be their focus. I think without them I wouldn't have found this site. I also have a few other spirits that may be ready for a new keeper sooner than later. I will meditate with them further. I definitely don't keep just to keep or collect, they are my family, my dear ones as I call them, not objects to sit on a shelf and get dusty [emoji4][emoji173]️[emoji317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote:Saw a reference to this topic in another thread. (Thanks!)
You're very welcome:D
I guess those who are collectors at heart may have the tendency to have this "syndrome":I And not just for spirit-keeping, but also for attunements like reiki etc
"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Firelady
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 48
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire angel were
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: umbra
Zodiac:

This was very interesting :)
Image never will you see the gates i guard for that wich is beyond may destory you
hongkongfuiz1234
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Alexandra
Zodiac:

I think the point someone should stop and really think about what they're doing is when they start forgetting things about their spirits. If you forget who they are, what their name is and what they look like, you need to reevaluate if you can handle that many spirits. I personally think about each spirit I have every day (excluding the ones not here yet) because they are living beings that deserve such attention. It's just like having a fish aquarium. Sure, you can have a lot in a tank, but make sure they all are okay with each other and you don't forget to cater to them. Except spirits entities are much more sentient beings with highly complicated emotions.

My Spirit Companions:
Western Black Dragon Class 5 Tier 3 (unbound), Human Boy Class 4, Celestial Addax Class 2, Hippocampus Class 5 Tier 3, Enochian Gabriel Angel Class 5, Unknown Class 5 Tier 3 (OTW), Nymphus Class 4, Courtwind Angel Class ?, Crusader and Horse Class ?, SPC Class ?, Christmas Full Moon Lunar Rabbit Shifter Dynamic Class, Christmas Full Moon Silver Bell Seraphim

I'm always looking for a good chat, so feel free to message me at any time <3
tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

hongkongfuiz1234 wrote:I think the point someone should stop and really think about what they're doing is when they start forgetting things about their spirits. If you forget who they are, what their name is and what they look like, you need to reevaluate if you can handle that many spirits. I personally think about each spirit I have every day (excluding the ones not here yet) because they are living beings that deserve such attention. It's just like having a fish aquarium. Sure, you can have a lot in a tank, but make sure they all are okay with each other and you don't forget to cater to them. Except spirits entities are much more sentient beings with highly complicated emotions.

I agree! That is why I set a limit for myself of how many to adopt so that I could have a more intimate relationship with each one. My mind palace (for the Sherlock fans out there lol) is getting too full, maybe some people can remember hundreds of spirits' info but I just couldn't for that many. My initial cut off was 12, again I have surpassed that but my new number is 24, just double it lol!

I do feel like I have closer relationships with some of my spirits, more so than others. I guess its like any family or group of friends, each relationship is different? Does anyone else notice the same with their spirits? I wouldn't think it would diminish or "cheapen" the relationship, it's just different. But I do feel bad about it since it seems like the quieter spirits don't get as much "face time" since they aren't assertive in initiating communication, it all has to come from me to get it going it seems. Maybe that will change as I grow in my abilities. I have the rest of my life to work on it and after I pass hopefully some of my spirits will still hang out with me in the "beyond" :U
ImageImageImage

Return to “Spirit Keeping”