Angels And Demons.

Angels And Demons.

Postby Killa » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:18 pm

What is the considered the exact opposite of the 'worst' possible BA demon you can possibly imagine?

Are they angels?

If we remove the religious affiliation of some Angelic Entitys, it seems we are just dealing with opposites. But neither side is technically "better" involved with human affairs.

But some Angels can be DA too, depending on what kind of angels we are talking or how we define them.

Perhaps some angels themselves can be just as bad and horrible as demon. Presuming we are not dealing with the "Love" "light" and "fluffy" compassionate kind.

Some Angels War-like Crusaders. Some Zealous, some str8 up ***holes.

So I'm going to draw away from the 'stereo-typical' perception of angels for the sake of argument on the general look of angels of how the ancients originally portrayed them . I had some good concept art before but I will post more of it later.

Some Seraphim, Some Cherubim, some basic.

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 30sayl.jpg

http://images.elfwood.com/art/c/a/casss ... .67344.jpg

http://images.elfwood.com/art/d/r/drama ... erubim.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs10/i/2006/ ... thmann.jpg

http://mattstone.blogs.com/photos/angel ... by-tus.jpg

http://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/14/92/87/63/gabrie10.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5069/seraphim0.jpg

Not so pretty not so grotesque.
There are no truths espoused by any particular group of humans that we can all agree on. While that makes none of them true or false, it also makes all of them true or false, which means nothing.

BG 2.12: Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.
Killa
venerated member
venerated member

You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Re: Angels And Demons.

Postby Huffette » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Killa, you have a good point. We need to look at the angels without the religious blinders on. Angels can be warlike, or they can be gentle. This depends entirely on the situation, and what is surrounding it.

If you take away the religious blinders, you will see angels in a totally different light. They are beings of light and they will assist, but you must ask. They look at life from a totally different perspective from us, because they have seen things happening for thousands, or even millions of years. We are infants to them, and they look at us with the expectation that we must learn a valuable lesson, so therefore they usually will not interfere unless directed to. This does not mean that they do not have compassion. They are full of compassion, but they feel that we need to learn from our mistakes.

I hope this makes sense.
Huffette
ImageImage ImageImage
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified

You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels

Postby VAMPIRELOVER » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:02 pm

very interesting ty for sharing
ImageImageUH OH! I just watched the little devil from my left shoulder, drop kick the little angel off my right shoulder.. This can't be good.
VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member

You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover

Postby dragonsandorishas » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Depending on what is defined as an angel (much like what you define as a demon) they can very well be DA. It is not so cut and dry as Hollywood has made us think when it comes to angels. I enjoyed watching a movie that was on TV the other night called Michael with John Travolta. While it portrayed Michael the AA as kind of a goofball (which oddly enough, I CAN see a bit) he also did things that were not so "angelic" which was the will of god, such as flattening a corrupt bank! A good example, I think.
Oshun, the mother who has neither bone nor blood. Legends abound about this female force, but she is to be respected on all levels. She is Olodumare's representative to remind of the love that should exist in the universe.

Blessings,

Dragons and Orishas
dragonsandorishas
new here
new here

You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: I enjoy being human
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragons and Orishas

Postby Euphotic » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:27 am

Thanks Killarican for sharing these pictures! I love angel pictures like these that look unusual, even when they're actually traditional ways to potray angels. I think Seraphim are especially interesting.

Slightly oft topic, but they reminded me when in meditation I saw something like white walls that had intelligence and personalities. Before that I had seen a white flying dove. I don't know if this even was related to angels, but I had asked my angels move closer to me so I wondered if it could be that. Angels are sometimes potrayed as non-human looking so why not white walls. (Again I don't claim they were angels because I really don't know. I just thought maybe they were.)

About warrior-like angels: I'm always talking about how angels are so loving and kind. I believe they are, but I also don't think they're little children in white fluffy dresses, playing harp all day long. Maybe these types exist too, but they can't all be like this. ;)

In a dream I've seen my own Guardian angel as an army commander. Once in a dream he was returning from a fight. Once making a dry joke and commenting he's dealing with monsters "all the time", in the same dream his legs were broken like he had been in a fight (it took me time to notice because it didn't seem to bother him). I've never seen him actually fight though and don't want to. (I've seen him flee which didn't seem cowardly in the dream - more like victory because he was faster than the things chasing him.)

Of course dreams are symbolic so maybe he doesn't literally go around fighting. Maybe it just shows I'm battling with some things and he's helping me, or something like that. Some angelic seeming people in my dreams have also clearly had a "powerful, vigilant, not to be messed with" vibe, even when they've been friendly towards me. (I think one of them might have been a Guardian angel of a little boy he was walking with. In the dream that angel had in many ways similar energy than my Guardian, but his energy felt less familiar so I knew he wasn't mine.)

When/if there are situations where an angel is commanded to destroy, punish, attack etc, well, I wouldn't want to see that. :scared: In my limited human understanding without seeing the whole picture it probably would seem evil to me, even when it wasn't.

Then there are fallen angels and dark angels which complicate things more. I don't know much about them (heck, I don't even know much about "normal" angels yet and there are so many types of them too).
Love leading the pilgrim
Euphotic
active contributor
active contributor

Number of Spirits: 29
Your favorite spirit to work with: angel,dragon,khodam
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Postby MoonLightWeaver » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:08 am

Hello all,

Dear Killarican, nice to see that you're still around :) I've been away here and there as usual...

I greatly appreciate you bringing this topic up, and am glad to know that we may be facing towards the world painted in a spectrum, rather than black and white.

I personally always wondered this myself. I forgot which specific branch of magick it was, but a certain grimoire concerning of physical evocation of spirits, said exactly what you said: that spirits have different roles, while from the human perspective one may seem benevolent while the other malevolent.

One of the lines from the book got stuck in my head: that it is the angels of balance's role to maintain the equal weight in existence; the spirits that are known as "demons" to humans, that seemingly seems to contradict and go against every human's desires and goals, are necessary to maintain the balance in the world.

I myself am personally struggling with this idea, for then the utopian idea of a perfect world seems impossible; or more that the definition of "utopia" itself might not be what we expect it to be. May I suggest, that perhaps suffering IS INDEED the best way for us to learn?

If a photo is over exposed, it will come out completely white. If it is underexposed, it will come out completely black. It is only under the intricate balanced exposure of both the light and dark, that objects manifest in photos...

The example story above regarding the story Micha'el/Adonai, I am not sure if the story is dealing with the matters of an angel, but the one universal "all" that is referred to in the hebrew bible. If I am not mistaken, Adonai and MIcha'el are both words that refer to the unspeakable name of God.

It seems to me these days, that everything is "relevant". What is "bad" and what is "good"?
I'm sorry that I am not helping with coming up with an answer, but it also seems that I am straying from believing in one ULTIMATE answer these days as well..
I want to be your friend!
Oh.. I'll wait.
:)
MoonLightWeaver
active contributor
active contributor

Postby Ninja » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:24 am

Classifying an entity based upon type doesn't work. It is just too general of a concept to judge based upon classification.

Example #1 ~ I purchased a home that had a 20,000 year old earth realm demon residing in my furnace room. After 11 years I sent him to be bound. He is angelic in nature and has never been anything other than sweet, helpful, considerate.

Example #2 ~ My Djinn was last bound circa 500BC. His best friend in his master’s keep was an ancient Black Dragon that was very positive in nature. Nothing like a typical Black Dragon.

Judging an entity based upon type is like judging a person based upon race.
A Closed Mind Is Open To Evil
Ninja
active contributor
active contributor

You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 999
Your favorite spirit to work with: Believer Entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: Ninja

Postby Morag Rockwind » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:18 am

As I said in the other thread. We must look at the classifications of angels and "demons" as complete opposites. Angels are of pure light, "Demons" are of pure evil. Regardless of Judeo-Christian texts we must look upon them as such.
Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.

Postby Morag Rockwind » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:27 am

Lionox wrote:
Morag Rockwind wrote:Angels are of pure light, "Demons" are of pure evil. Regardless of Judeo-Christian texts we must look upon them as such.

This is where it isn't as easy as going "one is good, the other is evil". Not all Demons are "out to destroy you" and not all Demons are "pure evil" so they cannot all be painted with that brush.

I have had experiences that say otherwise, HOWEVER, I agree with you there.
Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.

Postby Ninja » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:42 am

Morag Rockwind wrote:As I said in the other thread. We must look at the classifications of angels and "demons" as complete opposites. Angels are of pure light, "Demons" are of pure evil. Regardless of Judeo-Christian texts we must look upon them as such.

I am a Christian and therfore I do not judge others. Not judging transcends way past humans. ALL entities, spirits, humans and otherwise will eventually be judged by God...not us.

There are good and bad in everything. Being button holed in religeon limits ones free thoughts. Much can be gleaned from ALL religeons. God doesn't just send his word to one segment of the populous.
A Closed Mind Is Open To Evil
Ninja
active contributor
active contributor

You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 999
Your favorite spirit to work with: Believer Entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: Ninja

Next