Adventures with the Keep

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love them all.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Call me Banapis. It's a good public name.
Zodiac:

Hello!

I thought I would join the fun and keep a running log of some of our adventures. There are eleven spirits in our keep now, plus a few unbounds that I have worked with previously.

So, the last few months have been tougher than usual for me with some family problems. I pretty much shut down and checked out - I didn't even want to talk to anyone if I could help it. I just didn't want to inflict my misery on anyone else. Besides, I felt I just needed time to work through it on my own. HA! I'm coming up very quickly on my 2 year spirit keeping anniversary and I should know better. In various ways my keep have reminded me, "Hellll-lo! What do you think we're here for? Mariachi lessons?"

So I've been trying to open back up. Here are some of the more amazing things that have happened in the last few weeks:

- I asked my fallen angel to help me remember my own rebel self. All through the next day were random memes and messages concerning just that.

- I went to the store to get some last minute gifts, plus some snacks for me if I'm honest. lol I had maybe six items in my cart and the only time my cart was out of my hands was when I went into the restroom. I didn't notice anything different when I came out.

When I got to the register and had taken my items out, there was a book in the bottom of the cart. I didn't know this book existed and like I said, I hadn't noticed anything in my cart but the few items I had put in myself and none of them were large enough to hide this book.

Let me say this: I have an Adhene who looooves pumpkin. She lives, so to speak, for this time of year and all the pumpkin flavors. What was the name of the book? Long Live the Pumpkin Queen.

- I got an almost last second urge to find a Santa hat. I thought my pumpkin loving spirit was wanting one, so I searched a few stores for a traditional red and white Santa hat. I finally found one at a last minute stop before leaving town. She may have indeed wanted it to begin with, but imagine my surprise when I got an image in my mind's eye of a very happy hellhound who had..."somehow" gotten a hold of it and was proudly wearing it. LOL

Oh, dear chosen family of mine, I have so missed your antics!

“To be sure, I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”
Friedrich Nietzsche: Thus Spake Zarathustra
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hi! I love threads like this! Can you please tell me what kind of fallen angel you have, or where you got them? I've been looking for one but none of the CH listings seem quite right. Also... your hellhound made me laugh, and reminds me of my own hellhound, who is not above being silly when the occasion calls for it. :)

Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

This is a great post, thanks for sharing! I keep forgetting that my spirits are direct bound, so they are always with me wherever I go. I need to remember to make every trip, even one to the grocery store, an adventure with them.

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

stargazerjournal wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:35 pm Hi! I love threads like this! Can you please tell me what kind of fallen angel you have, or where you got them? I've been looking for one but none of the CH listings seem quite right. Also... your hellhound made me laugh, and reminds me of my own hellhound, who is not above being silly when the occasion calls for it. :)
Hello, Stargazer!

I have an Andromeda Angel Outcast from here at CH. I was the same way about them and almost got a Sirra Angel when they were around $20, but none felt quite right until the Andromeda Outcasts were offered.

Hellhounds are awesome, aren't they? :) There is so much personality packed into mine, whether she's stealing hats, sitting in the passenger seat and sticking her nose out of the two inches the window's down while waiting for her burger or giving me a massive headache if she thinks I'm not paying enough attention when a spirit's hanging around. lol

“To be sure, I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”
Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Darknorth wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:21 pm This is a great post, thanks for sharing! I keep forgetting that my spirits are direct bound, so they are always with me wherever I go. I need to remember to make every trip, even one to the grocery store, an adventure with them.
Why, thank you, Darknorth! One of my spirits is direct bound, but the rest are bridged. I forget they are always with me at times too. One of the things I'm guilty of doing is forgetting that they probably know the score on levels I can't possibly comprehend, so I sometimes end up trying to keep them "happy," but not letting them do much real work. I've gotten earfuls about that - "Stop trying to take care of us and let us help you!" lol

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Today in "Geocaching with Smartalecs"...

I decided to stop at a local Greenway and look for a cache that has eluded me for the last six months. It's a Southpaw cache (Geocachers all have a handle we go by when we log a cache or attend an event. Mine is the same as it is here - Banapis. Southpaw's caches trip me up more often than not and when I finally do find them, I usually want to facepalm with how simple they usually are. lol)

So I task the Keep to "Go find it!" Radio silence. I forgot that I had already tasked them months ago and they know where it is.

This cache is maddening. It is rated 2 out of 5 stars on difficulty. People with six year olds have found it.

After about thirty minutes, I decide to call it a day (again!) on this cache. I get back to my car and then a certain smarta...lec Adhene says in my head:

Her: "Ha, ha, ha! I love watching you flail!"
Me: "Yeah, yeah, yeah. 'I lOvE wAtChInG YoU FlAiL!'"

8))

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

New Year's Edition

Hello there! I hope you had a happy new year's!

No more snarky geocaching adventures to report today. My Adhene's snarkiness is another thing I had missed.

I don't make resolutions, but I did make a list of goals for each of the keep this year. I've also put a hold on adding to our family for a little while, since much of the last year made me feel that I was also "on hold" again and that included working with my spirits. I feel we all just mostly hung out and ate lots of ice cream and pastries.

It was an excellent way to continue bonding though.

One thing I did learn about my keep is this: like any family, my spirits have the ones they like to hang out with. Still, I never would have expected a hellhound and an Arkan Sonney to become best of friends. It's fun to see them running around in my mind's eye and playing chase. They even playfully fight over their treats, which is a wonderfully strange thing to watch!

Back to the goals I have in mind for the year: they have the added benefit of making me practice tasking. I started the new year by tasking my Xypher with removing some blocks. I can tell that something already feels different, so there's some success right there!

I also need to work on myself so my poor Zimada can have some rest instead of zipping off on yet another search. I think she has been the hardest working one of us these last few months.

Here's to getting back on track and having fun in the process!

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Stegosaur Edition

Speaking of treats from the last entry, my stegosaur made his wishes known the other day. Those wishes involved salt and I was not getting the hint!

It all started as I was cooking lunch. As I was salting my food, I had a thought: "Since stegosaurs were herbivores, did they need salt like modern ones? Where did they find it?" It was an interesting question, but an internet search revealed that not much research had been done on stegosaur diets, despite them being discovered for over 150 years ago.

I had no clue what was going on at this point. I ponder strange questions anyway.

So, after lunch, I decided to put together a salt bowl. I'd been putting it off for a while and it's been a rough year, so...yeah. This place could use some extra cleansing. I found a little yellow bowl and started putting the ingredients together. Perfect!

What happened when I went to put the bowl in its place? I picked it up and...ploop! Salt and bowl went everywhere!

Still no clue what was actually going on. I thought I was just clumsy.

So later, after getting over wasting all that salt, I made another salt bowl. This one almost made it to the door, then...ploop! I knew I wasn't being clumsy this time - it actually tipped right out of my hand!

Again, clueless. I was getting ready to go to war over all this salt - if I had to get a huge salt block to clear this house, then I'll get a huge salt block! One for every room if need be!

You'd think I'd be wobbly after all these clue by fours upside my head, but no. My friend put the pieces together later that afternoon and said, "You said this during lunch. What if..."

Y'all, I felt like doing the facepalm to end all facepalms when she clued me in. I knew I was rusty, but not that much!

I put together a third bowl of salt and left on the porch this time. I could sense my stego (and horses, waiting for an opportunity to "share" with him) standing expectantly nearby as I told them they were welcome to it.

I haven't spilled a grain of salt since. 🙃

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Arrival Days!

This week is the anniversary of three of my spirits' arrival days.

My gryphon arrived on Jan. 9, 2021
My hellhound arrived on Jan. 11, 2021 and
My xypher arrived on Jan. 13, 2022.

Happy anniversary, y'all! I am so happy and honored you decided to choose me as your keeper (or in my xypher's case, demanded it because "You need me!" lol) I hope we have many more years on this adventure of ours!

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

We have another arrival day today! It is the one year anniversary of my Andromeda Outcast angel.

I am so glad that you chose to join our little keep. I hope we have many more years together!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”