Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: n/a
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hall
Zodiac:

Welcome!

When holding a binding, I can immediately feel its energy. When holding my master vessel, to which i've copied bindings to, I feel nothing.

Does the master vessel perform as a gateway? Meaning through it, I contact the desired binding? Does the gateway remain closed, unless I try to work with a binding through the MV?

If I copy a binding, which needs no interaction and simply works by itself, over to a master vessel. Then I wear the master vessel, does the binding still work it's magic? Or would I need to use the MV to make contact with that binding specifically?

Could all this be bypassed, if instead I we're to move the bindings to the MV, rather than copy? Is there a difference in the way bindings act if copied vs moved?

Do I feel nothing with the MV because I simply performed the ritual wrong for copying?
Did I perhaps make a wrong choice in the material for the MV? I did choose a peice of Malachite as the MV, and wear it as a pendant.

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I'm unsure if it would be better to wear all the original vessels, or simply the master vessel.

^^
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Personally I don't feel anything when holding my master vessel. The only time I feel something is when I wear as a necklace and feel its cold temperature for an hour or so.

Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7

Moving a binding basically amounts to leaving the original vessel "empty", where as copying means both the mv and original vessel "hold" the spell.

If the original spell was bridged to you then you do not need to hold the vessel - everything on a MV is bridged in such a way, regardless of if it was originally done so.

Working with a binding specifically, one that requires such or not, will increase its potency.

I copy the majority of things to my MV, but on occasion I still might wear the original vessel for additional kick - even if just to remind myself or for spending specific time with a singular spirit.

The material you chose would not have an effect, at least to my knowledge.

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

mrcampncarl wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:17 pm Welcome!

When holding a binding, I can immediately feel its energy. When holding my master vessel, to which i've copied bindings to, I feel nothing.

Does the master vessel perform as a gateway? Meaning through it, I contact the desired binding? Does the gateway remain closed, unless I try to work with a binding through the MV?

If I copy a binding, which needs no interaction and simply works by itself, over to a master vessel. Then I wear the master vessel, does the binding still work it's magic? Or would I need to use the MV to make contact with that binding specifically?

Could all this be bypassed, if instead I we're to move the bindings to the MV, rather than copy? Is there a difference in the way bindings act if copied vs moved?

Do I feel nothing with the MV because I simply performed the ritual wrong for copying?
Did I perhaps make a wrong choice in the material for the MV? I did choose a peice of Malachite as the MV, and wear it as a pendant.

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I'm unsure if it would be better to wear all the original vessels, or simply the master vessel.
I'd only add that a CH MV has more layers of spells in it than a CH vessel for single spirit binding, as I understand it. For a start it needs to be able to give every single spirit, or spell, its own comfortable space on the MV. And it'll have dead spells to conceal all the other bindings (except from you). So it shouldn't be as easy to feel any single spirit's binding as a spirited stone with a single bonding - I think.

I also don't bother to hold the MV. I just connect via the bridging.

One last thing: it *was* a CH spirit binding that you copied on to the MV, was it?

One very last thing: yes, you should be able to connect via either the copy on the bridged MV or the original vessel. Obviously it'd help to have a clear intent as to which you're connecting with. Also, once we're well bonded with a spirit, it doesn't really matter what binding we're trying to use to connect via - or so I'm told and it makes sense to me.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I received my customed design MV a week ago and I am impressed by how much it acts like a mobile home. You have everything you need in there. You can choose to work with your desired bindings but most of them should work automatically since it's bridged to you by default. However, for some spells, they still need time to fully manifest and merge with your energy from my understanding. When I sense an electricity, I think that one of my spells has fully merged. I could be wrong since I have a lot of spells now that just got copied to the MV.

If you copy a binding, that binding will be bridged to you. Whether you choose to wear the MV or not is up to you, but the binding will still work. You can call out the binding for stronger connections or faster manifestations if you'd like, or let it work on its own.

There is no difference between copy or move bindings into a MV. The only difference is that once you move something into the MV, your original vessel will be empty.
Think of it like you have a piece of paper. If you choose to copy it with a copy machine, you will have an extra copy. If you move that piece into a new house, your old house will no longer have that piece.

If you are new to Spirit Keeping (which I do), it may take a while for you to experience the energies. I copied over 25 powerful spells (full coven casting, full moon, X cast times, etc.), and that was when I felt a strong electricity surging through me when I copied the spells. But if it's a normal spell, you probably won't feel anything, copy or move.

The material of the MV does not matter. I just have a sterling silver ring, not a gem or anything, and it does not affect how it functions. If you have any additional questions about a MV, CH support is happy to answer them. I had a lot more questions, much longer than your list, and my questions were much more complicated than yours. And Magnolia legit answered all of mine!

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”