Are we meant to know our spirit guides this closely?

Redregon
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unknown as of yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Faolan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:41 am how have spirits aided in your personal growth? Are there any specific instances where you felt their influence was particularly strong?
So far, though the road has been rough, it has the potential to bringing me towards something I think is important for me to reach. A lot of personal growth and learning to grow past my fears and anxieties.

As for influence, yes... they have had a strong influence in my life so far. (To the point where I got a little too scared and needed a touchstone.)

Faolan wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:41 am It's hard to tell whether an event is due to spiritual assistance or just coincidence, even for those skilled in divination and dicernment. How do/would you make this distinction? Is there a reliable way to attribute certain outcomes to the influence of spirits such as those in your keep? I know we all have the gut feeling/intuition, but curious on your insights.
For me, since I have difficulty with discernment with traditional telepathy, I use different methods of communication (though I am so far limited to yes/no questions.) I feel that that helps me get a better understanding of what's going on because for me, my trouble is that I have a very active imagination. At least with the methods I have, they are results I can at least measure. Usually I only really get an understanding of when they were doing their thing when I either feel them directly (like a tingly feeling) or they confirm it when I ask at a later time.
Redregon
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unknown as of yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:38 pm Spirits don't make you avoid life's lessons. We all need to learn and grow. Spirits can help soften the hard parts of life, but they can't prevent everything, even if they're very powerful, and that includes immortals. They can help things to go your way and it’s still important that certain things happen as they should. So, you're asking them to help you follow the best path that fits your destiny and desires. Even without help, some people don’t learn or grow, so it’s not much different with help. They can offer us help, but it’s really up to us to make the most of it and grow from it.

Connecting with spirits isn't a usual part of human growth. It's more of a supernatural thing. In my family, for instance, no one practices Spirit Keeping or tries to connect with spirits every day. We can explore beyond our world, but our minds might not always be ready. Some people just see what's in front of them, and that doesn’t change even if they practice Spirit Keeping.

When people are taught that spirits are bad, that’s mostly because they don't really understand it. It's similar to how people fear many things they don't understand. When I started with Spirit Keeping, I was afraid of the paranormal, not because I thought spirits were bad, but because I imagined them as scary-looking.

In my experience, Spirit Keeping is about learning to communicate with and respect these spirits and entities, rather than fearing them. It’s all a journey of growth and understanding.
I think, if you enforce your will, you can tell them no to learning and growing... I mean, we do still ultimately have the choice to say no to whatever lessons life may be trying to teach us (unless it's something we absolutely must deal with.) And I am certain there are some out there that are adding more and more layers of protection to prevent us from learning it (because we know it's coming and it scares us. It's natural to fear what we don't know and what we fear will hurt us.)

I mean, we all have the choice. We can choose to grow and evolve, or we can choose to live in the world and not concern ourselves with this. That is always the choice. And it's never a "the door closes if you don't choose right." the door is and always be there for you to open when you feel ready. I think most people when they choose to go through it, they dive right into the deep end and end up struggling to tread water. (like I did... though my folly is a joke to tell another time.)

And yeah, I'm learning that fear holds us back. It's normal and natural to have it, but when it's out of control, that's a problem. And I deal with an anxiety disorder so I've got a lot of it in me to deal with (lol)
Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

In my personal experience it doesn't really change what is meant for you. Sometimes having companies can add lessons to your life that you wouldn't have other wise. I was born into this path. Being able to see and communicate with spirits since I was super young. I personally like to say you can't fight destiny ; you can prolong it but you can't fight it. However the path was chosen for you it was and you are here. Having guides is a part of life. When we are kids our parental figure guides us through life. When we get a job some people train or guide us on how to do said job. We have friends who can be guides. Everything around us is either a lesson, a blessing, or both. My life was super hard. Even fully accepting the world around me it was still hard. I believe I was guided through it, and that is how I made it out on the other side. With that also being said, spirits have divine knowledge that we simply just don't have. There understanding of what we need, and how to guide us is on a level that would be hard to understand. I think it is natural for anyone to be scared of what they don't understand. It is like a fear of the unknown. I was scared that maybe something was wrong with me. I just wanted to be "normal", and at some point have even thought this was a curse. I personally believe it was also apart of my path. I think having that fear strengthen me. When you conquer your fears, and realize they aren't as bad as you thought they were could be rewarding. It can be a driving force. Sorry if I jump from point to point and this seems all over the place. My mind was like fjdiejenejf while typing lol.
madgar29
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Redregon wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:02 pm
madgar29 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:50 am now you can utilize your spirit guides truer. tell them to rip up all null and void contracts and rip up all fulfilled contracts so they can stop happening and u can even tell them to create new ones. none of it is set in stone really. well, some are harder to break than others. but my point is do not blame your spirit guides. they really are there for you they understand your hardships and your good moments they are there to support no matter what. to assume they allow bad things to happen because they are not doing their job is far from the truth sir.
I dunno, this thought could turn into a very long (and possibly tense, depending on how people feel about religious subjects) discussion on the dharma, karma, etc.

I mean, one of the most well known stories in the Upanishads is the Bagavad Gita where (and I am not a scholar so expect me to get a lot of this wrong) I think it was Arjuna got a very good lesson on walking in line with one's dharma... so, if one is meant to work directly with their spirits, and the spirits have been trying to get their attention for a long time like that, then maybe it's like Arjuna needing to fire that first shot to accept their dharma?

That said, it could easily be argued that for some, it is not in their path to walk with the spirits... but, then, if that were the case, why would they have chosen to walk this path in the first place?

I guess to live in ignorance is appealing... to not have to know of these other realms and what they can do with/for/to us... It can be scary and I do get why some people would think this to be doing evil or shunning the light of whatever deity is in season. They are afraid (and that's okay. This "nobody should be afraid" stuff is... well, it's nonsense. Fear is a real and necessary emotion for our survival sometimes. It's only when (like any emotion) it becomes out of control and unmanageable that it's a problem.)

Fear is for survival usually. Flight or fight. it is a warning system to stay alive.

- Rather people believe or not spirit still works with them. but i wont sit there and debate beliefs for i cannot prove it to anyone

but FEARING IDEAS is a programmed human construct. Without parents, ideas, society, culture, you would NOT FEAR THESE IDEAS OF PARANORMAL. you are taught to fear what you do not know at least in the western world you are *control* here is how to live your life here is how to rate and look at success. as if this is how it's supposed to be. I find this weird how you think ideology/state of mind, ways of thinking. perspective. should be scary that is learned and taught behavior. Who told you to be scared of a spirit? - I broke away from the programming well not all of it sadly but i tried to break away when i was a child. FEAR does nothing for you in the idea of spirituality. in my experience it has only hindered me. now if a snake slithers next to your foot and you feel fear that is normal and good for you to react as such. but to deep think and construct fear over thoughts and ideas and spirituality i think its silly. why i i think religion using fear to control is silly. i dont know what else to say about that.

im not denying fear happens i have unrational fears that i fight and try to understand why the heck am i feeling fear? is it even mine? why why why? but yeah.
post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”