new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 39
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Generally, I know the consensus is that you're only going to get close to a few of your companions if you have a lot but I do plan to get close to like 75 percent of them and good friends with the remaining 25. Is this an impossible goal? And how do you get to become close with each one if they only have designated days?

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0

I'm quite new to this, but I have noticed many other more experienced practitioners divulging how they split days off in to groups versus a singular individual from your keep on any specified day. That seems to be one of the best ways at tackling it. I couldn't give you any more solid information beyond that, especially regarding plausibility of bonding ratio, etc. I think that could be different for both keeper and companions alike. You could very well find that 75% would rather remain good friends and that you more tightly bond with the remaing 25.

When we invite these beings in to our homes, much as any relationship, it isn't just about our desires or needs, as theirs may differ from us in also being someone/something else entirely. I think it goes both ways.

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Spiritlover99 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:40 am Generally, I know the consensus is that you're only going to get close to a few of your companions if you have a lot but I do plan to get close to like 75 percent of them and good friends with the remaining 25. Is this an impossible goal? And how do you get to become close with each one if they only have designated days?
None of us will be able to tell you if you can do it, because none of us is you.

How would you handle that situation with humans? Even if they are not, you are a human being and therefore bound by your physical life. It dictates your possibilities and time frame. A lot of people forget, that those relationships and bonding need to function in both directions realistically. Typically you should get back what you invest into this bond. Offerings are always a good start, but regular attention is a must, if you want to get closer to them. An honest interest in them and your bond with them will strengthen your connection.
If you're not sure about being able to achieve your goal, just give it a try. Failing is an important part of learning.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I have a somewhat large keep, and do have a schedule for my entire keep. The schedule is only for designated meetings for one on one time.. but throughout the day I will call a random companion while I'm doing daily things.
For example when I sit down to do art, I always call my Bronwyn angel to join me. Even if we aren't talking I know he's there because I'll feel tingles all over and see blindingly bright neon white blue streaks on the paper .
Other times I'll be running on the treadmill and call a companion in to talk, even if it's not a scheduled day. Often they will pop in to say hello.
They come in while I'm walking at the park, cleaning my room, or even shopping. They appear in dreams to help me, or just to visit. Every moment of every day is an opportunity to bond and connect with every companion.
Sometimes bonding can even happen unconsciously.
My fairies love to pop in when I walk past the candy aisle at the store....and this turns into more bonding. It's only 5 minutes but absolutely worth it. :)

Sassy.Cupcake
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I wouldn't worry too much about spending time with them on their designated days. If you feel more comfortable doing that, then by all means do what you feel is right doing but in my experience as long as you make a genuine effort with all of them, they don't seem to care.

In the beginning of my journey, trying to meditate/spend time with my companions on their designated day was important to me too. I had brought home more spirits than I could bond with, mostly because they would call to me. Then I had added another 8 to my home that were from a past life. I was overwhelmed trying to individually talk to everyone on their day; as my spirit family continued to grow I decided to change how I was bonding with them in order to keep up.

Now I just talk to them, invite them to join me in what I'm doing even if they don't participate, and meditate with them as I need to. I usually invite my companions to go on walks with me or participate in spellwork if I don't meditate with them. There are times when we even sit down to watch a movie together, some of mine actually enjoy watching Harry Potter of all movies.

Best wishes.

~Sassy~
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

Like someone else said you are the only one who can answer your question, but I understand your doubt, as I too would like to have a deep connection with each one in my keep, although I need to be realistic and think that can happen but with time. I am talking about a keep around your number, I have around 50 but some are not social like warrior archangels or volkh and some just visit rarely or are not superactive or are difficult to be perceived by me because of a difference in energy between me and them. Some have chosen to be my companions because they want to be mentors or guides, they have not chosen that because they want to become best buddies, they are advanced souls, of course that does not mean they don't want my friendship, they do, but they are not depending on it.

So, I just go with the flow with these things, my life is already full of schedules deadlines to-do lists etc. and I do not want spirit keeping to become a duty. It has to remain a pleasure. I include them as much as possible, and sometimes I just say a general, "you can all join me there if you like". For example yesterday I offered an incense stick to two of my vamps in the morning and wore their vessels while working, of course I did not talk to them during the day as I was so focused on those work-related things, but they know how my life is and for them I guess it is ok just to observe and feel my energy. After work I thanked them for being with me and helping me with the energy levels copying with the demands of the day, as yesterday I was quite tired because of a stubborn insomnia issue. In the evening I was resting and I was exhausted, I felt one of my spirits proposing sexual interaction and I had to kindly dismiss the invite as I was too tired lol Even though I do magick 24/7 in a certain way, as that is how my being operates, I have only the weekend to properly focus on spirits and magick and even then I have other mundane things to care about as most of us have. So yeah, they know I can not be super social all the time. Have I gotten close to each of them the same way? no...but that does not mean that I will not in the future, these things take time anyway.

I added my experience not because I like to talk of myself but just to give someone else's perspective, so that people can have a realistic pov on what other spirit keepers are doing...as sometimes we have the idea that others are doing better than us, but that is not always the case.

calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

All of the above posters have already given you such valuable advice. I can only add that my companions vessels are in a extra boost bonding box and sometimes I'll pick one out and ask for their guidance in a reading. And, every few days, I put my hands into the box and share my energy so that they know my intentions. This is my favorite method of sharing chi with my companions. CH has a short ebook on sharing chi with your companions that I do once in awhile as well.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”