You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Question, among many, that I'm hoping to get advice for. I want to upgrade the housing for my elemental wolf spirit. Currently he resides in a moss agate ring. I've seen some wolf pendants that catch my eye, but black obsidian/gold obsidian seems to be the only choices.

The seller who I was introduced to him from doesn't classify her spirits, but being an elemental, I'm assuming that would make him WA.

Anyone know if this material would be appropriate? Also, should I do any form of cleansing first on whatever I go with, before doing the transfer?

Of course, he will have the final say in the end. Right now, I'm looking at the options and what seems to stand out before sitting down with him and making the final choice.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

That's a red flag, if the conjurer never revealed whether your spirit is WA or DA. Being an elemental, does not mean he is WA, there are both WA and DA elementals.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
StarofHope
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I cant choose.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hope
Zodiac:

Besides the seller being a red flag. Obsidian can be used as a vessel. I would definitely cleanse it first. I just feel like it's respectful to do so.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

There's a CH spell to cleanse an object (in this case it will be turned into a charging box), which you could use here...

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

For me, in my own practice, I prefer to use a vessel that has not been used spiritually or paranormally before. I'm lucky to have two cleansing tools from the experts at Eclipse Metaphysical (sadly no-longer in business) that psychically cleanse objects. One can also remove simple 'constructs', ie if it has been used for spiritual purposes before and a patterned energy/ intention/thought form has built up or got attached to it.

For me a new object never used before is ideal as a vessel and will be fine after using something like the CH cleansing spell I gave a link to.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:58 am That's a red flag, if the conjurer never revealed whether your spirit is WA or DA. Being an elemental, does not mean he is WA, there are both WA and DA elementals.
In retrospect, I do understand the red flag, and all the connotations that come with it.

Ah, they can be both. I've only seen wolves and similar being DA, but the CH encyclopedia list elementals as only being WA, hence my confusion. My 'gut' always told me DA, in that he feels fully capable of making his own choices. I actually feel better about that, thank you.

mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 am There's a CH spell to cleanse an object (in this case it will be turned into a charging box), which you could use here...

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

For me, in my own practice, I prefer to use a vessel that has not been used spiritually or paranormally before. I'm lucky to have two cleansing tools from the experts at Eclipse Metaphysical (sadly no-longer in business) that psychically cleanse objects. One can also remove simple 'constructs', ie if it has been used for spiritual purposes before and a patterned energy/ intention/thought form has built up or got attached to it.

For me a new object never used before is ideal as a vessel and will be fine after using something like the CH cleansing spell I gave a link to.
That's... rather simple, thank you. I was afraid it was going to be something like burying in salt for 30 days or such. They are carved pieces of artwork I want to choose from, so I doubt that anything related to the paranormal has been applied to them.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

mcm442 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:52 pm Question, among many, that I'm hoping to get advice for. I want to upgrade the housing for my elemental wolf spirit. Currently he resides in a moss agate ring. I've seen some wolf pendants that catch my eye, but black obsidian/gold obsidian seems to be the only choices.

The seller who I was introduced to him from doesn't classify her spirits, but being an elemental, I'm assuming that would make him WA.

Anyone know if this material would be appropriate? Also, should I do any form of cleansing first on whatever I go with, before doing the transfer?

Of course, he will have the final say in the end. Right now, I'm looking at the options and what seems to stand out before sitting down with him and making the final choice.
On the contrary, I believe that your Wolf could be a DA spirit, by his sneaking up on your Deerfolk after she explicitly stated her need for privacy. I agree, a seller who does not disclose information about their spirit or entity in any Arts raises a red flag. What if they send you something very dark and assure you that "this one is very light and neutral, you'll be fine"? Personally, I would not purchase their services, even if they were the most skilled practitioner in the world.

If you cannot yet sense energies, do not assume any Arts of the spirit. It is best to ask the seller about them. If the seller does not specify this in their shop and you have records of interactions with your spirit family, it is important to ask your spirit to which Arts they belong.

When it comes to your spiritual companions, it's important to seek their opinion first, whether it's a vessel or anything else. In my replies to your past inquiries, I've noticed that you haven't asked your companions for their opinion. It was only after I suggested it that you did so. I'm not questioning your way of Spirit Keeping, I just mentioned it because each Keeper will have an opinion. Even if we have an elemental wolf in our Keep, they are still individuals with their own preferences.

Is it his "final say" or are you only giving him certain options? I cannot assert whether the material is suitable as I am not your Wolf spirit. If you lack a cleansing tool or invocation, I would recommend considering the cleansing method Lewk has provided from CH. Like Lewk, I personally prefer to cleanse any vessel before engaging in binding, transfer, or any other activity, especially when it involves a spirit, as it demonstrates respect to them. It serves as the final touch, but of course, it is not mandatory if it does not align with your preferences.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:05 pm
On the contrary, I believe that your Wolf could be a DA spirit, by his sneaking up on your Deerfolk after she explicitly stated her need for privacy. I agree, a seller who does not disclose information about their spirit or entity in any Arts raises a red flag. What if they send you something very dark and assure you that "this one is very light and neutral, you'll be fine"? Personally, I would not purchase their services, even if they were the most skilled practitioner in the world.

If you cannot yet sense energies, do not assume any Arts of the spirit. It is best to ask the seller about them. If the seller does not specify this in their shop and you have records of interactions with your spirit family, it is important to ask your spirit to which Arts they belong.

When it comes to your spiritual companions, it's important to seek their opinion first, whether it's a vessel or anything else. In my replies to your past inquiries, I've noticed that you haven't asked your companions for their opinion. It was only after I suggested it that you did so. I'm not questioning your way of Spirit Keeping, I just mentioned it because each Keeper will have an opinion. Even if we have an elemental wolf in our Keep, they are still individuals with their own preferences.

Is it his "final say" or are you only giving him certain options? I cannot assert whether the material is suitable as I am not your Wolf spirit. If you lack a cleansing tool or invocation, I would recommend considering the cleansing method Lewk has provided from CH. Like Lewk, I personally prefer to cleanse any vessel before engaging in binding, transfer, or any other activity, especially when it involves a spirit, as it demonstrates respect to them. It serves as the final touch, but of course, it is not mandatory if it does not align with your preferences.
I don't have enough knowledge/experience to sense a distinction between WA/DA. I can sense 'them', however, and I can feel 'who' they are--and they are just as complex as myself. I can only say they feel 'complimentary' to myself, and the shared path we are now on. My life experience with that particular sense has let me stand next to a killer and know the degree of my safety and trust to give. It has also led me to my wife.

And the sneaking part... was a lot of me. She got me back, by the way. It was a very pleasant prank, mind you, and the point was taken. :p)

Researching first before I decide to proceed with any steps has always been my thing. Even my deerfolk has stressed that I continue to do so. I will say I did NOT research the seller beforehand. it was a strong... calling, I guess you could say that started this. To be honest, at that time I would say I don't believe any of this. Had I researched I would NOT have touched anything with a 20 foot pole.

Yet, here I am. Eyes and mind opened, and these two beloved companions by my side, finally feeling comfortable with things I've spent a lifetime suppressing. I guess I wouldn't change a thing, truth be told.

And yes, I'm giving options, with room for other options that we can both agree on. Having a foot long wolf statue around my neck would be quite uncomfortable. To be honest, he doesn't see the need for it. I just want to do this for him, an upgrade to the cheap costume jewelry he currently resides in, because I want to show my gratitude.

Also because she is getting an upgrade, too. We took quite a long time to decide, and it actually took a couple months to receive it. And, believe it or not, she got me the transfer bag. Literally. I didn't order or pay for it, it just showed up the same day as her new vessel.

I actually used that link for the cleansing ritual on that item today, and felt it work.

I do appreciate you sharing your wisdom, Tarvos. Don't think for a second I'm not heeding your words.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I apologise if this has already been mentioned. Just on the point of a member of the spirit family misbehaving, there's solid advice here...

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... spell.html

And another Shop item that can separate energetically spirits in your spirit family that don't get on well with each other...

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... peace.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Connect with the spirit yourself if possible to find their preference, yes.

And,
when it comes to gemstones it's easy to determine which is suitable energetically by researching their history, common traits and uses. You may also have a personal connection to the stone and your perspective of it is helpful in determination. If you know your spirit and the spirit's vibration well through interaction, you can then use that to ascertain whether the gemstone you're interested in is fitting. But they aren't stuck in the vessel, so while there may be a preference it might not even matter much to them compared to what you'd like to wear and what you are comfortable with. The vessel is as much about you.

If you haven't connected enough with the spirit yet to know their preference, it might be better to connect more with them through the vessel you currently possess before making a change.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde

Return to “Spirit Keeping”