Blue Lotus (Nymphaea caerulea) & Magickal Workings

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Hello all,

Recently I've been seeing this flower in my dreams and I am being drawn to work with it, but as it is not a plant I have worked with before. I know very little about it, nothing beyond the fact it was used in ancient Egypt in garlands and is depicted in numerous paintings and carvings and considered sacred, I also know has psychoactive properties but I have no intention to ingest it.

Has anyone worked with this plant before and can potentially shed light on its magickal uses, properties and correspondences or potentially point me in the direction of a good resource I can read through. Any information and insights are greatly appreciated as I am loathe to work with any plant that I am unfamiliar with.

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I do actually ingest it and it is generally quite safe, though not 'approved' by the authorities that be for consumption. I'm not suggesting you do, as your sensitivities to the particular effect may be too much. I only want to emphasize the importance of not fearing its capability and how it was originally used/approached as you pursue its influence, even if that part of its tradition is not for you. Energetically and spiritually it can be just as intense given a deep resonance with the power of shadow, death, rebirth and reclamation.
It is a euphoric and meditative entheogen, used to gain control over the dream state and so is often considered a lucid dream herb at its most basic. It aids in connection to the crown chakra and enlightened spirit, as well as the throat/intuition, along with having healing properties not simply due to its medicinal effect but being of the water element. It is sacred to connecting with the higher self and the ancient Egyptians would use it in religious ceremony, to connect with divinity. It is also an aphrodisiac and this quality was present in some of those rites, therefore potent for seduction and love magic; work with self love can be part of this given the aforementioned healing quality in tandem.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
JaycubL
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

It is the plant referenced in The Odyssey that the sailors loved and felt relaxed by, and it is a famous aphrodisiac. I have wanted to try it since middle school age but never got around to it, it should be a very mild intoxicant and safe other than do a quick search about toxicity on your own.

Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

@Vipera aspis atra, @JaycubL

Thank you both for your responses they are incredibly helpful.

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”