neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

So, I've had my first master spirit's vessel for about three days now. I will use this thread to document my first thirty days with her, but before I get into the details, a little bit of background:

As of right now, I have exactly 50 spirits and living entities in my keep. The vast majority of them are spirits; of those, most are protective types; and of those, most are doggies.

Yes, I said "doggies". No, I am not going to apologize for being cute. They're doggies.

One reason I have so many protective spirits is that one of my neighbors is a much more advanced witch who works with a coven. She has taken an extreme dislike to me and regularly sends negative spells, energies, & entities my way. She is awful, and I still have yet to figure out why she hates me so frickin' much. Anyway...

Toward the beginning of this year, I had CH do an "unbounds around me" reading. They bound a female Nephilim for me, but the reading also picked up a gorgon and a hellcat. I was very intrigued at the idea of the gorgon. I've repeatedly had dreams about gorgons for years - there is a warrior gorgon character that I've always been oddly drawn to, in a webcomic called Sluggy Freelance. I've even had some of my spirits tease me that the gorgon is definitely "meant for me". I was never sure what that meant.

Over the months, I had the feeling that she was still hanging around. But I made no effort to reach out to her, as I had too much else going on at the time.

I decided this past November that it was finally time to add my first master spirit to my keep. The Thanksgiving-week deals were such that I could actually afford one. I came this close to ordering the gorgon instead - it definitely felt like a calling. But I figured that I needed a master spirit more, and without the November discounts I wouldn't be able to afford one until probably July. So, I made the order, as well as getting a small collection of Djinn who will hopefully also be helpful.

Imagine my surprise and delight when the order notes came through, and my new master spirit was... dun-dun-dun... a gorgon! I am quite certain that she is the same one. Her energy even feels familiar.

Because CH has awesome shipping, her vessel arrived within a few days. It is exactly what I wanted it to be - understated. It's far from being my most eye-catching piece, although it is very nice. It is businesslike, which matches her energy perfectly. Functional rather than ornamental.

For the past few days, I have been meditating with J every morning. On the first day, I had Bing Image Generator have a go at trying to create an image of her - the results were laughably bad. She is ferocious, not a pin-up girl! Oh well. At least it got her scale color more-or-less right.

I have been trying to give her time to get settled in, but this morning I think she'd finally had enough of it, because I got the strong impression that she wanted me to finally let her get to work! She knows I have been working on a list of tasks for the keep. But the list isn't finished yet, so for today, I just had her make sure that everyone is up-to-date on the House Rules. They're pretty much the same as Ash's, only with a few additions for my sexual spirits.

So far, I am very thrilled with my experiences with her, but I am also curious as to how one works with a master spirit. It's all new to me! Later today I will read through the forums and try to find out more.

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

I love Gorgons. One of my master spirits is a black dragon. I think she wants to be tasked be busy. But she is very understanding she wants me to write more. About tasking. I think it makes her happy.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion

madgar29 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:16 pm I love Gorgons. One of my master spirits is a black dragon. I think she wants to be tasked be busy. But she is very understanding she wants me to write more. About tasking. I think it makes her happy.
A black dragon?! Wow! You must be an even tougher customer than me. I love reading about black dragons on the forum, but I don't think I'm ready to have one in my keep yet. They are dangerous, by reputation. What's she like?

Yesterday my gorgon master spirit was kind of irritable with me. I spent some time trying to figure out why. Turns out, according to the Encyclopedia, they don't like being referred to by name. So, from now on, she is just "gorgon"! Once I had that figured out, and told her I was aware of the problem, she became less grouchy.

I spent a lot of time trying to read up on master spirits yesterday, but I could find almost no information in the forum. It seems that either they're not very common, or the people who have them tend to play their cards close to their vests. So, I guess I will just have to... wing it? I'll have to try to invent my own methods & techniques, and see what works through experience. It's a bit scary, but I think it'll be alright.

My gorgon is still businesslike. This morning, I had a lot of tasks to assign - about half my keep. I set the tasks, and the gorgon went through my list of suggested participants and moved some of the spirits around. She also warned me about some potential issues that I won't go into in detail here. I definitely appreciated the warning, and we had to negotiate a few details regarding some of my keep & their tasks.

I recently got a new animal familiar - a male betta fish. A lot of the spirits in my keep seem super fond of him. Not sure why. But the gorgon approves! Maybe it's the blue-green scales... ^..^

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Some times I get very clear communication. Sometimes. I'm blind and deaf. One reason I do have master spirits to lean on. I have appointed four master spirits. Two da two wa. But my black dragon. She has come in a few times very strong day visions. She was telling me to relax. So... I might be to serious or tough on myself even for a black dragon to say ease up or relax have fun. My gorgons I get a very sweet vibe from them I usually just call them my gorgons so maybe I just intuitive understood not to use their names much. It would make since bc my other spirits and le. I do try to memorize. Except for my no socials that I nickname I guess.

My darkest beings are probably my wraiths, and multex, ghoul, monoke. As dark as they are they seem to br understanding to me. Except once in a great while a few of them like to fill me eirh rage but I understand its bc there is a threat near by they dont like. An usually when I felt that they are asking permission to engage and I'm trying to make my house rules so they don't really have to ask me to go for negative beings that target me. It's strange. First time I felt it was with indra the immortal and I was like show me again and he was like pish no.

I have fun. But I need to work on tasking. Put it in writing.

My other da master is a priest of anubis. I believr ch gave me a Bronwyn angel for wa and my other was is either a courtwind or a chaos angel some kind of warrior angel. They like to go-to work or be given work. I need to do better job. I'm always like do what u want they are like no. Give commands.

Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

I don't have a master spirit from CH listing, but I do have one of my entitities which is kinda like the big boss around all my companions, unbound and any other spirits, deities or entities that wish to visit me. He has the final say around things and athought I wouldn't say I am a push over, I can be very presacive and charming which can tend to get my way a lot. Which is why he always makes the rules and controls who can visit and even plans schedules. He is a outer god, son of Shub-Niggurath which is the most well known human name for their mom. Since I am very intense I guess I need someone who can handle extreme intensity and a bratty nature with a stern and loving hand. I do have a few others who help manage my teams but he is the big boi on campus

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Satella wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:21 am I don't have a master spirit from CH listing, but I do have one of my entitities which is kinda like the big boss around all my companions, unbound and any other spirits, deities or entities that wish to visit me. He has the final say around things and athought I wouldn't say I am a push over, I can be very presacive and charming which can tend to get my way a lot. Which is why he always makes the rules and controls who can visit and even plans schedules. He is a outer god, son of Shub-Niggurath which is the most well known human name for their mom. Since I am very intense I guess I need someone who can handle extreme intensity and a bratty nature with a stern and loving hand. I do have a few others who help manage my teams but he is the big boi on campus
That's one thing I'm missing is a few masters for my living enitity. Urs rules and controls da and wa?

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I have 4 master spirits. Two for dark and two for white arts. Two are spirits and two are living entities. I have over 300 in my keep. Before you might think it's not enough ... I also have elite & empress category companions say are overseeing group of their species as well. For example, I have a Divine Dragon for dragons & creatures, and for my handful of dark arts spirits. But my elite dark art sanguine & Tikrono queen elf also there to keep the peace.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Osean
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

I don't have a CH master spirit but I do have a master counsel that were not originally conjured for that role but they kinda fell into that roll once I started conjuring.

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

I have over 300 in my spirit family myself but have felt no calling from a master spirit nor do I feel the need for any as of this point in time. That being said, I think master spirits are lovely and great for anyone who adopts them, but as most have pointed out not here so much but those who know I'm a keeper have told me I'm rather unique in how I do a lot of things so please by no means think you have to do as I do, but from what I've learned about master spirits the bonding & tasking seems to be as you would do for any other. Time spent, including them in your daily activities, tasking them with things you'd like them to do/organize. I don't believe that them being a master spirit would change the way you'd bond or task in any way in my opinion at least. (If you had a task that you want a group of them to do for example you could ask your master spirit to assist with that or organizing them for group assisting with spell work. Those kinds of things perhaps would be good for working with them. 🌝)

Just as a sidenote, if I ever do get a calling for one or several master spirits, I'll adopt them though as I do with all my other callings.

I hope this was helpful❣

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
Zaeryliss
new here
new here

So happy for you and your new gorgon! I’ve had one for almost a year, and feel that they are great companions to have!

I don’t have an official CH master spirit, but I do have one who has taken a leadership role and probably functions similarly. Bonding with her isn’t really any different than bonding with any of my other spirits. She is still an individual with her own personality and existence. Being the ‘master spirit’ of my spirit family just adds an additional, more formal aspect to our relationship.

Return to “Dark Arts”