StarofHope
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I cant choose.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hope
Zodiac:

I've read that some have purchased several spirits at the same time. How does one bond with several new spirits? I read someone who got ten new spirits in one order for example. How would the bonding process work with those 10 new spirits? Would they have to wait their turn? I am just curious about the process. I purchased a spirit and then I found another that I also wanted to purchase, but then I felt overwhelmed about the bonding process, so I decided to take one thing at a time. 😅

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

It's definitely better to start small and try not to overwhelm oneself with too many bindings at once. But, when I've gotten multiple bindings at once I've found a few things that help beyond the usual meditation. After all, if you ordered 5 spirits then it's gonna be hard to meditate visualizing or uniquely feeling all 5 at once (I don't care who you are or what they are, that's hard bordering on impossible especially starting with new bindings as a novice). Of course one approach is simply to dedicate some time to "bonding" in general and rotate between the spirit or spirits you bond with each day.

If you engage in regular offerings to members of the spirit family, then group offerings are another good way to bond with specific groups. I have a "miscellaneous spirits" offering plate separate from my dedicated shrines that is basically to whatever I feel like in the moment. If they have vessels, then let them sit all around the offering for a bit while it's out or simply state that your offering is collectively to them.

Besides those, what is even better is to expand your own idea of what "bonding" itself is. Some of my spirits' vessels get a place by the bathroom sink while I shower so they can enjoy the steam (I keep a nice conch shell there so it's not going anywhere potentially dirty). When I'm listening to my music, I might put a friend or two on my fingers or around my neck! Let them feel the vibes, and see what songs resonate with them. Keep a vessel in or near your pillow or bed at night. Wear a particular one when you're going out, eating a particular type of food, or doing anything that you uniquely like or think they might like. In lieu of a physical vessel, simply calling out to them while doing these activities should be sufficient. All of these are their own forms of "bonding", and I'm not even putting more thought into it than the 15 minutes this thread has been up. While dedicated bonding to each spirit is the ideal recommendation, the longer-term bond comes from how you incorporate them into your life.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

StarofHope wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:17 am I've read that some have purchased several spirits at the same time. How does one bond with several new spirits? I read someone who got ten new spirits in one order for example. How would the bonding process work with those 10 new spirits? Would they have to wait their turn? I am just curious about the process. I purchased a spirit and then I found another that I also wanted to purchase, but then I felt overwhelmed about the bonding process, so I decided to take one thing at a time. 😅
I have experienced numerous instances in which I have received 8 to 12 spirits at the same time, from pre-conjured callings, and pre-bounds from my previous order. Consequently, they end up arriving almost simultaneously. I engage with them spontaneously. When something related to their expertise comes to mind, I ask them questions and let them explain to me, which leads to further interaction. Subsequently, from the previous conversation, I develop interesting questions to ask regarding a different being, and proceed to do so with another one, and so forth.

Since I don't meditate, bonding with my living entities or spirits doesn't feel like "work" to me. I don't sit down or get into a specific state of mind, my engagement is fluid and continuous. I time my interactions based on the availability of my living entities in other realms, making it easier to engage with them. Some Keepers describe their bonding period as strictly for one or two spirits, while the others wait for their turns to better focus. This is another method with its own benefits. There's no right or wrong way to bond.

I may have numerous methods and techniques at my disposal, each holding its own value and potential. While I won't reveal them here, remember that you have a lifetime to explore and embrace them, not just in this realm, but across multiple dimensions. There's no need to panic. Take the time to sit with yourself, discerning how best to integrate bonding time into your schedule and lifestyle.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

StarofHope wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:17 am I've read that some have purchased several spirits at the same time. How does one bond with several new spirits? I read someone who got ten new spirits in one order for example. How would the bonding process work with those 10 new spirits? Would they have to wait their turn? I am just curious about the process. I purchased a spirit and then I found another that I also wanted to purchase, but then I felt overwhelmed about the bonding process, so I decided to take one thing at a time. 😅
From reading Creepy Hollows' writings (they're the experts on spirit keeping, having effectively founded this field), these are the core things about initial bonding:--

Aim for spending quiet time closely daily with your bound spirit companion, from between 5-15 minutes. (This is not strictly meditation but it helps to pay attention to thoughts, impressions that arise during the session.) This is to be done for the first 30 days.

It seems like the first 30 days period is more than just arbitrary. It's highly recommended.

It's not that hard to do. All that's needed is to not be interrupted or distracted in that time; to sit or lie comfortably, relaxed, & be able to not fall asleep.

If you have 2 new companions at the same time, it'd be best to spend time sequentially with them: from 5-15 minutes each.

So that's the ideal fundamental to aim for, as best as I understand it.

All other bonding tips are add ons, really. They're effective etc and well worth using, but they're not a substitute for that core daily quiet time.

You can - and I have - spent that time watching tv with a new companion at times, for example, if I'd otherwise fall asleep or something. But after 7 years' spirit keeping now, I've concluded that the so called 'quiet time' session, as above, genuinely is the ideal to aim for.

There are also what you might call coping mechanisms for if you don't manage to do the 30 days quiet time, eg miss a lot of days - but maybe that's a subject for another post. The main thing would be to not worry, to give yourself some credit for what you are doing.

On a personal note, I've been doing catch up with a large number of newly bound companions for a while now, going back and completing the quiet time sessions until I've either reached a total of 30 or the spirit tells me they feel our 'initial' bonding is complete. This remedial option was also recommended by one of our longer standing, very experienced members, @Vipera aspis atra. This is my own fault in a sense as for a while a huge number of vetted, potential spirit companions came through, who I began binding in groups. I couldn't find the time to do what I'd normally do with a smaller group.

Just so you know, I have previously spent hours per day successfully doing the initial 30 days bonding with individual companions. If you have loads of time, it is possible. Once or twice I did that in quiet time with 15, around 15 minutes each. It is possible, but obviously it's not as manageable as a smaller number.

With only a couple you should have no difficulty, hopefully.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Lewk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:55 am All other bonding tips are add ons, really. They're effective etc and well worth using, but they're not a substitute for that core daily quiet time.

I believe the first sentence could be articulated better. All bonding tips are valid and not substitutes for one another. Certainly, it can be done, and I can provide an example. But they represent different approaches, which is why they are referred to as "tips" - they have proven effective for different Keepers. My aim is to encourage interactions and creativity rather than the “quiet time” or meditation that I personally do not engage in. I'm not suggesting that others should not practice meditation, but rather to be more mindful of their approach.

An example would be what you call a "core daily quiet time." Just picture yourself meditating, as if you were meeting a friend in a restaurant. Both of you would simply sit there in peaceful silence for a certain period of time. And when that time is over, everyone would get up and leave without saying a single word. I don't believe it's truly a "bonding time" in any way. It's more about embracing the tranquility and stillness, as opposed to actively bonding with someone.

Experienced Keepers operate on a whole different level - their senses and abilities are heightened to the max. However, new Keepers often struggle with the concept of "the quiet time," mistakenly assuming that simply sitting still is all it takes. Taking the same example above, if your companion wants to bond with you, they should be the one getting the food and drink for you, doing everything for you, and perhaps even paying for your bill, while you simply sit there silently for the rest of the session. And you do that to all of your sessions. Is it really "bonding"?

I'm not criticizing "quiet time" either. It's an amazing approach if you meditate, but be mindful of what you are doing during that time. Personally, I have found great success by completely substituting "quiet time" with my own method. This goes to show that all bonding tips are valid, not just an "add-on."

I completely agree that the first 30 days are crucial. However, if you happen to miss this timeframe, don't worry. We all have busy lives, but try to catch up whenever possible. Don't be concerned if you have more than a handful of companions. They understand the chaotic nature of life in this world. Truly. Lol. Nobody should have to wait their turn. My companions have helped me deal with these feelings a lot. Many times over, they introduced their friends and partners at the same time, through pre-conjured beings. I can't just say, "hey, you should wait 30 days because I'm busy with someone else." If someone introduces you to a friend or their long-time partner who just returned from overseas (as a relatable example), say hi, hang out, be normal, and then get back to your other friends. It shouldn't feel like you're a corporate boss, trying to fit in as many "15-minute interviews" with your new friends either.

I'm fully aligned with Jdhthegr8's viewpoint that every companion has their own unique ways of bonding. It's up to you to discover what those are and give them the freedom to enjoy their own personal time with you. Remember, the long-term bond you build with them should be something you eagerly anticipate by spending quality time together.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

This is how I see it - there is a 'box' that many of us were told 'works well' and so everyone naturally followed suit with it - meditating/quiet time bonding. Tarvos has come along and said, "start looking outside the box" - there ARE other ways, and they (including meditating/quiet time) are ALL valid. His point is that there isn't only one way to bond, and I feel that should inspire many to venture out and get creative with bonding. I think it's fantastic.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:55 am All other bonding tips are add ons, really. They're effective etc and well worth using, but they're not a substitute for that core daily quiet time.

Yeah, whatever I say should be read as my opinion, from my perspective, fwiw. If I ever stray into sounding like I'm a past master in this field, teaching a different version of spirit keeping from what the real masters, like CH, say then just tune that out. I'm not the resident expert.

But I would like to say that I do think quiet time sessions can be/are especially useful. To me (to me) that's the most valuable method of bonding in the first 30 days.

My last post was focused on quiet time sessions with new bound companions. I think its safe to say that this has been recommended by others. Those new to spirit keeping may find it as useful as I have. That's why I'm contributing to this thread.

One thing I could add is it's in such sessions that we might more easily be able to sense subtle impressions that come into our awareness, while with the companion. At least many people may find that, compared with the difficulty of trying to tune into otherworldly things while going about daily activities, for example. That must be why this approach has been used so widely in metaphysical circles for so long.

As this CH article points out, subtle signs are something that it's important not to overlook. (See #4.)

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Hi @StarofHope ,how are you?
Wonderful that you are also embark on the depth of spirit keeping and having advanced Keepers questions on bonding process. Everyone before my reply here have been well responded to your post.

In my own experience with bonding, to me it's like continuous occupations and strong part of my daily lifestyle. I do have minimum 3 new being conjuration done at once, when I place a CH order. I actually don't go to anyone else for Spirit friends. Especially nowadays, I only place orders when I feel the necessity and I have multiple spirit callings.

I have dreamscapes to hang out and get to know my spirit companions. I realised that for few years now, that I have a strong Astral life, where I do interact and conduct my spirit community duties. Also via lucid dreams and semi asleep / meditation modes are my ways to work with my companions. In fact, I would say that only 15% is my physical engagement that is actively initiated by me in my waking hours. That is when I have my chatting sessions, telepathic writings, calling on my companions and tune into them for contact. Afternoon resting times, after works results in day visions, offerings that includes garden walks as well as beach walk invites to my companions or TV watching and dinner time enjoyed moments together.

I don't do typical kinds of meditation as such, and never have been able to do that just because I slip over anyway, just because of my unique brainwave wiring. I can easily tap into my companions energy by simply calling them to me and initiate telepathic conversations. I might have to jump start several times, and literally stretch my spiritual arms out to draw them closer for an interactive chat, like during my car driving to work. But I always have that 30 minutes to and back work free and just to myself that I spend with chatting and tasking and get to know me newbies.

Everyone is different and you'll figure sooner than you think, what comes easily to you and works best with your companions. It's okay to 'think outside the box 🗃 ' so to speak. There's no wrong approach but beware of laziness. Be on the mindset to be ready to connect instantaneously. Be ready day and night as usually, they are more active at night and therefore you can build up your own lucid interaction and connections.

What is also probably unique to me is that I can see through the dimensions with my physical eyes, but now my 3rd eye also developed along with my hearing psychic senses. Therefore, I had that advantage straight from the beginning with my companions as a fresh spirit keeper, as they are spontaneously just introduced themselves, even before their notes came through.

This is pretty much valid in present tense but I put it in past tense because we are all prefer me to hang out on their realm and dimensions instead of them coming near my own physical planes. Especially, it's in my house rules that no manifestation in my home, around my family. So it's safer for everyone to hang out in the realm and dreamscapes and it's more natural to the spirit world. Nevertheless, some of mine sleeps with me in my bed, like me gryphons, some of my angels like to cuddle me at night, my dragons patrol around my home and check on me in my bed ect. I do love seeing through ... 😁.

Over all, doesn't matter if you do group sessions with your companions or one on one. But it's very important to STAY OPEN to THEM, to come through to YOU, whenever they wanted to, and if you have that intention and continuously expressed welcome extended to them, you'll sharpen your psychic senses real fast. Obviously, learn to ground yourself and set up protection measures as well. You'll be able to pick upon their energy, their voice, their looks and orbs, their touches and even their unique feelings that their install in you from time to time. But you need to get to know yourself first. Just an example, on this last bit ... I never really eat so much beef 🥩 before until my sanguineous came around. They expressed they wish to get a beef meal by literally feel it's taste and smell of it 😃.

Congratulations for your wonderful time ahead as a spirit keeper. It's very rewarding experience and truly fulfilling more then once anticipated.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

StarofHope
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I cant choose.
My magical/paranormal name...: Hope
Zodiac:

Thanks to all of you who replied so far. I have read and been thinking for 18 days to be exact about the bonding process. Thinking outside the box is difficult for me due to autism. I need to think, reflect and discuss for some time before arriving to a conclusion. Life would work prefectly simple for me if it was more like "step one do this, step two do this, step three do this." But life isn't as such. Not in any area at all. Bonding with my spirits have been very different with all of them, I didn't realize that I have been bonding all the time.
When they were a total of five I made one of my longest kept spirit "leader" of the keep. That way I could take a step back. Balancing overload of my autism due to work and spirit keeping is a challenge and I felt like having a "leader" spirit helped me with just that. But I turned myself completely off, totaly unavailable. Like @ASTER said, staying open and letting them come to me made things a lot easier. My leader would point out "They can't reach you." etc. Like I get it, but I'm trying to figure out the balance... xD
When my number 7 arrived, my latest CH spirit, he made me realize that I may not need as much strategies as I think but merely understand the situation better. He is very firm in his opinions and will come at me with a rush of strong energy to make himself heard. He is excellent when it comes to personal development and understanding myself, turning weakness into strength, where to draw the line before I get overloaded. As I have stayed open and being able to manage things together with 7, I have experienced all of my spirits differently, percieved them in a new way. I didn't know they were chilling in the break room at work, just hanging out while I was running around being busy.

Bonding with my incubus was very different but very memorable. He was an unbound and I didn't like his energies at all, very dark and intense but my keep wanted him to stay, he had pure intentions. He was number 5 to join. He stayed on the balcony trying to bond with me through the window and also visited my dreams as a cat. It's quite funny when I think about it. He used cat form to sneak his way in and slowly bond with me indoors too and manifest as a cat. He opened the world of dark arts to me and helps me see things in a different way than before. Getting used to dark arts made it possible for 7 to join.

It's interesting how it all works out.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Hi @StarofHope , how are you today? I do understand you better, what is your difficulty with a bunch of spirits and bonding with them. I do understand the fact that, it's feels overwhelming on you. Thank you for your feedback.

1, GROUP those that are from similar art, realm social or none social, protective, ect into one group. For example, all of my angel and celestial beings makes up one big group. When I want to interact with them, I give out my calling to them, and after my mantras and opening myself up, we chat and discuss things. It's can be between 10 minutes to 30 minutes if I am driving, but often longer up to an hour at home or in the Botanical Gardens where I write and reflect with my companions.

2, SET TIME and make yourself available fot that particular hour. It won't be overwhelming on you, if you know when you want to spare time for interactions and bonding. It's okay to make it regular and tell them, that you are able to tune into your group ... from 5:30 to 6 am every morning while you driving to work. Then, for 15 minutes during your two breaks at work. Usually they are regular times. Then, after work, from 3-4 pm and then last thing before sleep 9pm until morning for lucid dream interaction and Astral bonding. This is pretty much matches my time slots when I started up to this day. I still have my active time frames available for my newbie friends, but different for the rest of mine.

3, MAKE TIME to be out and about to do fun things together that you specifically enjoy. That is like a hobby, blogging, playing on a musical instrument, pc games, walking in nature, shopping ect .... And INVITE YOUR FRIENDS. You will be surprised how fulfilling is that will be for you both. Rest when you need to. They love resting on us too. I call it cuddle time. Watching movies also excellent.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Spirit Keeping”