Book: Spirit Marriage: Intimate Relationships with Otherworldly Beings

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I was curious about the topic of spirit marriage and all the different opinions surrounding it. I decided to do a little research on my own and found this book. I just started reading it, but I already enjoy the way they describe spirit companions.

“We need to view the world and all its beings in ways that are transcendent, ancestral, and internal. We also need objective views that are as intelligent as humans, but can also see beyond the illusion of isolation, the desire for possessions and power, fear or resentment of change, and the desire for absolutes. We need spirit sight that is disentangled from our issues, one that sees, cares, loves, and wants us whole, healed, and evolved and living in a healthy world for us, our ancestors, our descendants, and other beings yet to come.”

This book has interviews with ten different practitioners on what spirit marriage means to them and about their own relationships. These relationships range from human spirits, fae, divine spouses, and other beings.

I’m curious to see what people who have read it thought of this book? 🤔 I’ll probably update later when I’m finished reading it.

Satella
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

Thanks for starting this topic honestly I should probably read this book, I been abit intimidated about my situation for a bit now, and my partner knows about it. She has a pretty interesting family and at some point I do have to visit them. I been very nervous about it as well they are pretty much an immortal family and it’s kinda like uhh stressful. She is very supportive in her own way, and is very aggressive in her plans for me so much so that’s it’s alittle worrisome at sometimes. But that never changes my feelings for her.

I have other relationships with my spirit and being companions but she is definitely the strongest, they always respect our time together and so do I. I still remember the day when she asked me to be together forever (proposal yes she asked the marriage card) I was crying so much and happy she really was sweet to me and gave me lots of hugs haha. Some things I noticed is when you get maybe into fights haha, you should um always consider they aren’t human and you should come from their point of view if you can even try to understand their point of you, trust me it can be definitely hard. I’m more of the supportive, caring and loving type of partner so I handle fights more of a way to solve the problem or figure out what’s going on and help them deal or lessen the stress from it. Somtimes I’m a brat and well they get annoyed and do stuff haha, one time they turned on the power in the house lmao till I gave them some of the icecream I was having . Now this might sound funny but she loves to share food and gets very upset when I don’t share especially desserts as it’s like a bonding or important time together. Some of the smallest things that might not seem important to you is very important. To them, some might be very busy and enjoy sharing moments you might view as normal every day experiences. Just some of the things I experienced I have more but she won’t let me share hahha she is very private and I respect her privacy. >.<

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hazell wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:30 pm I was curious about the topic of spirit marriage and all the different opinions surrounding it. I decided to do a little research on my own and found this book. I just started reading it, but I already enjoy the way they describe spirit companions.

“We need to view the world and all its beings in ways that are transcendent, ancestral, and internal. We also need objective views that are as intelligent as humans, but can also see beyond the illusion of isolation, the desire for possessions and power, fear or resentment of change, and the desire for absolutes. We need spirit sight that is disentangled from our issues, one that sees, cares, loves, and wants us whole, healed, and evolved and living in a healthy world for us, our ancestors, our descendants, and other beings yet to come.”

This book has interviews with ten different practitioners on what spirit marriage means to them and about their own relationships. These relationships range from human spirits, fae, divine spouses, and other beings.

I’m curious to see what people who have read it thought of this book? 🤔 I’ll probably update later when I’m finished reading it.
This one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spirit-Marriag ... 1591434157

Looks interesting. The author seems to have taken the trouble to interview people from differing spiritual backgrounds.

Another book I'd recommend is by Ida Craddock (19th century).
http://www.idacraddock.com/bridegrooms.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:17 pm
Hazell wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:30 pm I was curious about the topic of spirit marriage and all the different opinions surrounding it. I decided to do a little research on my own and found this book. I just started reading it, but I already enjoy the way they describe spirit companions.

This one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spirit-Marriag ... 1591434157

Looks interesting. The author seems to have taken the trouble to interview people from differing spiritual backgrounds.

Another book I'd recommend is by Ida Craddock (19th century).
http://www.idacraddock.com/bridegrooms.html
Yes! That’s the one. I found it interesting as well that the author is in a spirit marriage and the different backgrounds and the different perspectives she brought forward in this book. I already knew that spirit marriages took place in some cultures, but never really was able to find in depth information on this and what it actually meant for these people. I’m only on the first couple of chapters covering the history of spirit marriages, but I’m really enjoying the book so far.

I’ve heard of Ida Craddock before, but never fully read her book. I’ll take this as my sign.

Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
Zodiac:

I've heard of spirit marriages before but since I know next to nothing about it, I'll take this thread as a sign to order those two books. Thank you kindly for starting this thread.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
CleverGirl
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Now I'm wanting to just read about it out of my own curiosity. I'm not in a relationship with any of my bound spirits, but I have a deep attachment and a strong relationship to the spirit that's been around me for 20+ years.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Return to “Books & Literature”