You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Yeah, so has anyone else had this happen to them? This happened to me yesterday.

There's a guy who works in the warehouse I do, and I believe he has tourettes. There is a bit of story that I'm not going to delve into, of running into him in the bathroom several times--but, I feel there is another with him. Quite confident to the point I've commanded my companions to leave him and who/whatever is with him be.

Well, I was on lunch break, in an empty lunchroom, researching on my phone. Someone sat down in the chair directly across the aisle from me and said "They don't like me." I ignored them, thinking they had just started a phone call, but I had Peter Griffon's voice in my head "who starts a conversation off like that?":

Then they said "That's okay. I don't like them either," and they stood up. I looked up and it was the guy, standing and looking down at... us. His eyes went from me to my left and right. I raised an eyebrow at him and he jetted from the break room. I pretty much have 'resting-I'll-kill-you-face'. It is what it is.

We 'all' sat there in shocked silence.

I'm at a loss here. I like the confirmation that all this isn't in my head. I'm a bit jealous that he can just see what takes a projected vision into my mind to see.

I really don't have a clue what to do. My companions are looking at me like it's my call to make. My combative side wants to confront him, of course. My peaceful side just says to ignore it and move on.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I’d just proceed like nothing happened. There’s no conversation starter here that won’t result in one or both of you being regarded as unstable if word gets around to coworkers.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

mcm442 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:48 pm Yeah, so has anyone else had this happen to them? This happened to me yesterday.

There's a guy who works in the warehouse I do, and I believe he has tourettes. There is a bit of story that I'm not going to delve into, of running into him in the bathroom several times--but, I feel there is another with him. Quite confident to the point I've commanded my companions to leave him and who/whatever is with him be.

Well, I was on lunch break, in an empty lunchroom, researching on my phone. Someone sat down in the chair directly across the aisle from me and said "They don't like me." I ignored them, thinking they had just started a phone call, but I had Peter Griffon's voice in my head "who starts a conversation off like that?":

Then they said "That's okay. I don't like them either," and they stood up. I looked up and it was the guy, standing and looking down at... us. His eyes went from me to my left and right. I raised an eyebrow at him and he jetted from the break room. I pretty much have 'resting-I'll-kill-you-face'. It is what it is.

We 'all' sat there in shocked silence.

I'm at a loss here. I like the confirmation that all this isn't in my head. I'm a bit jealous that he can just see what takes a projected vision into my mind to see.

I really don't have a clue what to do. My companions are looking at me like it's my call to make. My combative side wants to confront him, of course. My peaceful side just says to ignore it and move on.
Nothing of the sort has ever occurred to me, despite the fact that I have a considerable number of companions. My companions possess remarkable discretion, to the extent that even those with the gift of sight are unable to perceive their presence. Unless, of course, one possesses the ability to perceive energies, in which case they may become aware that I am accompanied by otherworldly entities. Yet, even then, it remains uncertain whether these entities are truly with me or merely wandering spirits.

That's exactly why I strongly recommended implementing house rules from the beginning. By doing so, you would have avoided the incident of your Wolf spirit infiltrating the Deerfolk's space without permission. This particular issue should definitely be included in your house rules as well. Initially, my house rules consisted of an entertaining six-page document for my companions. Lol. However, the pages only contained a few rules. Given that I collaborate with numerous humans, it is crucial that my companions understand the importance of discretion in case we encounter someone with extraordinary abilities or expertise. Surprisingly, this specific scenario isn't even covered in my current set of house rules. Nevertheless, it would be wise for you to consider adding it as a preventative measure to ensure that similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I cannot say if I feel jealous of that person, as I have not been bestowed with such abilities from birth. However, I have acquired certain powers since I began Spirit Keeping, much like many of us. It is possible that the presence he has is merely an unbound spirit who is with him, rather than him being a true Keeper. Given that he has made it clear that the companions do not like each other, my suggestion would be to simply let go and ignore him. It is important not to let this situation impact your work in any way.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:03 pm I’d just proceed like nothing happened. There’s no conversation starter here that won’t result in one or both of you being regarded as unstable if word gets around to coworkers.
Meh, they already regard me as crazy... but yeah, not trying to see a loss of a good worker. Lord knows we don't have enough of them at work.

mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:20 pm
Given that I collaborate with numerous humans,
Wow, I feel that sentence, lol.

As for the rules, I have never seen anything related or even imagined such a thing. Perhaps something of the nature should be added to the stickies. They were 'commanded' previously, however, to leave this person alone and be on the low key when he's around--I've had plenty of experiences with mental illness, and the last thing I would wish is to excaberate a situation. I know it's grey/pseudo science, but I agree with the 'research' that certain illness leave the individual 'open' to the true reality that's around us. I felt that was part of their shock, because they were trying not to be seen.

Perhaps some form of shielding for us?

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

If any spirits are bothering this person (and that is indeed a conditional "if" right there), I don't think they are any bound to you.

bigorangecat
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: no preference
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I don't often post here, but while scrolling through the forums out of boredom, I ran across this thread and had to share a similar story. At this point, I've been part of the spirit keeping community for some time and have a well-earned reputation among the sellers with whom I interact as someone who specializes in sex magick and in working/forming relationships with demonic entities of a sexual nature. Knowing this about me will likely make this story so much more amusing.

Several years back, I took a job providing direct support to individuals with intellectual disabilities. The overwhelming majority of my coworkers were married women who were also very religious, so it was not the kind of environment in which professing "alternative" beliefs or being known as someone whose lifestyle was nowhere near traditional was a good idea. Had I been known as the guy who hung out with a harem of sex demons and was into theistic Satanism and Demonolatry, I would have been out of a job, maybe even required to spend some time in psychiatric treatment. I was very careful never to talk about my religious beliefs or spiritual practices. I did not give my coworkers much personal information at all. To them, I was just the unmarried younger man who reliably showed up on time, did his job, and went home. I was not active on social media. I did not attend any of the work functions my employer scheduled outside of regular working hours. I did not hang out with my coworkers or clients or even really communicate with them outside of work. I needed the job at the time as I was rebuilding my resume and could not find anything better, so I did not want to do anything to draw attention to myself in any sort of negative way. I simply could not afford to jeopardize my income.

Well, in order to covertly bond more thoroughly with the ladies in my keep, I would invite them to come to work with me each day. If I felt that any were interested, I would put their vessel(s) in my pocket as I felt that having their vessel(s) on my person allowed me to feel their presence more strongly. I did this day after day with no one suspecting a thing, that is, until I found out that one of my clients could see, hear, and interact with the ladies that were accompanying me to work. One of my succubi had decided that she wanted to go to work with me that day, so her vessel was in my pocket. I was sitting with a group of my clients and coworkers, and several of the coworkers were giving me grief about being unmarried and childless. The aforementioned client, who was sitting beside me at the time, turned around, looked directly at these coworkers, laughed, and then loudly and proudly blurted out "He already married. He got a woman. She live in his pocket," and then turned to me smiling and giggling. He then pointed directly at me and stated "She right there. She beside him. She have her arm around him" as if it should have been the most obvious thing in the world. One of my coworkers looked at him curiously, and assuming this was some kind of game asked, "Well, what does his woman look like?" My client then responded, "She tall and have red hair and wings and a tail and horns like a goat." My coworkers started laughing while my cliently gleefully continued, adding "she big, real big" while holding his hands out from his chest and then emphasizing, "He like that a lot. She like him. She pretty." It did not stop there. He then went on to state something to the effect of, "He have more women too. He have a lot of women, a bunch. He married to them. He real busy. He gonna have a lot of babies." Cue all of my coworkers turning to stare at me dumbfounded and me trying to hide how rattled I was while acting as if I had no clue what my client was talking about, playing it off as some bizarre flight of fancy on his part. I then very quickly excused myself to the restroom and could very clearly hear my succubus exclaim, "He can see me!" I stopped inviting my ladies to work after that day. From that point forward, that client would ask where "my women" were almost every day. If I got really lucky, he would refer to that particular succubus and ask, "You have fun? She pregnant? When she gonna have babies?"

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

@bigorangecat HAH! I love that! Gotta wonder what the client was up to that he could see your friends so casually. And this is just one more reason I'm glad to be able to work remote nowadays...

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

mcm442 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:57 pm Wow, I feel that sentence, lol.

As for the rules, I have never seen anything related or even imagined such a thing. Perhaps something of the nature should be added to the stickies. They were 'commanded' previously, however, to leave this person alone and be on the low key when he's around--I've had plenty of experiences with mental illness, and the last thing I would wish is to excaberate a situation. I know it's grey/pseudo science, but I agree with the 'research' that certain illness leave the individual 'open' to the true reality that's around us. I felt that was part of their shock, because they were trying not to be seen.

Perhaps some form of shielding for us?
Lol yeah. I believe that most Keepers may not encounter situations like this if they don't work closely with humans on a daily basis. Experiences like this make me appreciate the extent to which my Keep goes to ensure I stay out of trouble. It could have been quite uncomfortable, after all.

When you commanded your spirits, do you think they may have sized him up? And could this have made his spirit become guarded in response? I believe that shielding might not seem necessary since you have already seen each other, and he may not be intentionally negative about it. Nonetheless, it wouldn't hurt to shield yourself, as it may prevent you from dealing with any negative energies from him, if there are any. In the meantime, you could tell them to make their presence less known at work.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

mcm442 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:57 pm As for the rules, I have never seen anything related or even imagined such a thing. [...]
I hope I'm not misunderstanding & that this information is both relevant & useful.

The CH Shop DA house rules poster has this rule:

"Manifest only to those who I grant permission."

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/HOUSE-RU ... ITIES.html

The house rules are said to be essential for those with DA companions. However, even if you only have WA spirits, Magnolia says in the CH WA Great Guidance book that several house rules can still be useful. eg Mutual respect between spirit family members.

So I made my house rules for my whole spirit family. And I compiled the full list of recommended rules in ASH's Forum thread on them; plus the Shop poster; the Shop binding; and the Great DA Guidance book. The lists are not all identical. eg: "Keep Watch Immediately on Property - task your DA spirits to be on guard & always at the ready to act against any pending issue" is in the binding list but isn't in the poster version.

The long and short of it is , whether we have WA only or a mix of WA & DA, or only WA, we can definitely include the rule that says "Manifest only to those who I grant permission."

(At least it seems so to me.)

As I said above, I do hope I didn't miss the point of what you posted. I seem to do that unintentionally sometimes.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Spirit Keeping”