Can vampires make you feel very cold?

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0

Has anyone noticed feeling cold when working with a vampire (especially sanguine) in Spirit form? Like, getting super chilly, or is that not really a thing that happens? I've seen folks talk about warmth, tingles, etc..

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I don't usually feel cold energy from my vampires. Usually their sensations are warm, buzzing, electrical, pressure and radiating heat. Many of my vampires are living entities, and their sensations and interactions have been different than my spirit companions.
I have had some work done on my energy which did have a cool sensation but they weren't attempting to communicate using sensations and were instead working.

During times of intense energy expansion (like protecting me or suddenly becoming alert) I have felt chilling sensations rush through me, but it is rare. It always gives me powerful shivers.

I mostly feel cold energy from my LE reaper.. it's a hot ice feeling and very intense and has a cold rushing air sensation to it.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

More commonly with sanguine vampires I experience a disarming warmth, the kind of warmth that can grow to be intoxicating and this is usually based in how your own energy system translates their organic presence. But there are vampires who have more of a supernatural foundation and have control over things like temperature, can disguise their energy with you, etc. It depends on the race of sanguine and particular vampire at the end of the day as well.

There can also be variance in how manifestation is experienced depending on how you as an individual process energy. That's not something I see talked about often and admittedly, can bring needless confusion when we're discussing how to validate/discern energies, but it's still a thing to consider. Where that is the case it can adjust itself over time.

Many people find that spirit realm energy consistently brings cold with it, so if you were to experience the spirit of a sanguine vampire you may get an impression of cold when tapping into that layer of the vampire's energy. That would depend on if it is a passive or active encounter.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Lom'ae wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:02 am Has anyone noticed feeling cold when working with a vampire (especially sanguine) in Spirit form? Like, getting super chilly, or is that not really a thing that happens? I've seen folks talk about warmth, tingles, etc..
I concur with Vipera that the impressions left by a Vampire depend heavily on their individual and the race they are. As an example, my spirit family includes 9 Vampires of diverse races and types, with 5 being spirits and 4 living entities. Remarkably, one of my Sanguine living entities imparts an extreme sense of chill whenever manifesting. When I say "super chill," I don't merely mean a mild coldness. Rather, it's akin to standing out in the 30-degree Fahrenheit winter weather improperly dressed for a solid 15 minutes. This particular entity is also the oldest in my Keep, introduced to me by one of my Psy Vampires. As such, his energy feels truly primordial and raw. While I do have other spirits and entities that produce a sense of coldness, none of them create as distinct a super chill as he does. His manifestation can still be discomforting, but over time, I've grown accustomed to it. Haha. I wouldn't want him any other way.

Contrarily, the rest of my Vampires manifest as warm, heat-radiating sensations, similar to what Sysygy described. Interestingly, one of my living entities, a Reaper, also manifests as a warm sensation. This is not to say she's icy or cold, but being a hybrid, her characteristics are atypical. If she's not a hybrid, she says her manifestation would align with what Sysygy has pointed out.

From my own experiences, I can confirm that Vampires can indeed induce a chilling sensation. However, they are equally capable of inciting warm-hot feelings, akin to standing in front of a heating device as it gradually intensifies, peaking just below its maximum heat setting. Hence, it essentially comes down to the individual Vampire, as each one is unique.

I'd also like to mention that every spirit or living entity manifests uniquely to each Keeper. This is influenced by the Keeper's energy signature and several other elements. Case in point, my Psy Vampire manifests as a heat sensation on a specific part of my left arm, attracted to a particular tattoo there. Intriguingly, he presents as a warm presence to some Keepers, but as a cold one to others. This doesn't imply that Keepers experience him differently, but instead, he deliberately manifests differently to each individual. It momentarily slipped my mind why I had asked him in the first place, *cough cough Psy Vampire,* but it dawned on me that your query pertained to Sanguine Vampires. Lol. Consequently, I reached out to a few of my Sanguines and other different races who resonated with the notion, as they also do this.

While our discerning of energy may vary, sensations induced by spiritual companions are universal. Consequently, if an entity manifests with the intensity of a summer heat wave, it's unlikely anyone would perceive it as "cold," and vice versa.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Livvie Locke-Morley
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Livvie Locke

Personally I have never felt any feelings of cold, while having contact with a vampire spirit, but perhaps this depends on the race of the vampire?

Gray Mongrel
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Starling Dandelion
Zodiac:

I have one vampire and he is a Psy vampire. I always get cold feet and hands when he's around, even in the summer. Like others mentioned in this thread I grew accustomed to it eventually and just accepted that's the way I feel his energy. It became a rather comforting sensation over time since it was a clear sign of him being near me.

> she/they - enby <

8*8 Spirits
Star Angel, Astral Angel, Diwata Faery, Star Faery, Drac, Amphithere Dragon, Pearlscale Dragon, Psy Vampire, Gryphon, Volkh, Fylgia, Caladrius, Centicore, Hallow Hound, Kitsune, 3 Guides, 2 Wild Kingdom
8*8 Living Entities
Indigo Unicorn, Traherect, Marshaltuk Soulmate, Falwer-Niamstrum Soulmate, Uvok Twin, Ghiseul Twin
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

So far, I have not personally experienced a cold sensation from any of my own Vampires. Indeed though, this is not to say it cannot happen.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Return to “Vampire”