Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lightningfox
Zodiac:

Let's face it. we all know the stories about Zeus and his... lack of understanding " no means no " when pursuing a woman, and most of Greek mythological problems are because that. Apollo also had a problem taking after his fathers issue with mortal women rejecting him.... And then there is Aphrodite with her various issues. Athena being a sore looser because of what she did to Arachne. Etc Etc etc. Basically, the entire pantheon is a bit unstable save for the relationship between Hades and Persephone.

So I am legitimately curious about how they are in this modern day and age? Do women who work with Zeus or Apollo have to remind them that " no " is a complete sentence? Aphrodite still a massive diva? I just really wonder about their modern lives, or if they are still a big dysfunctional family.

CH: Centaur (V) , kitsune (L), gregori watcher (R) , Transylvanian sanguine vampire (B) , Satyr (S), Gryphon (M), Itchyocentaur (A) , Loki

Elsewhere: Woodsman (D), Kappa (K)
Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

I've had no problems at all with Zeus. He's been very kind.

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
RedWine
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Lightningkitsune wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:35 pm Let's face it. we all know the stories about Zeus and his... lack of understanding " no means no " when pursuing a woman, and most of Greek mythological problems are because that. Apollo also had a problem taking after his fathers issue with mortal women rejecting him.... And then there is Aphrodite with her various issues. Athena being a sore looser because of what she did to Arachne. Etc Etc etc. Basically, the entire pantheon is a bit unstable save for the relationship between Hades and Persephone.

So I am legitimately curious about how they are in this modern day and age? Do women who work with Zeus or Apollo have to remind them that " no " is a complete sentence? Aphrodite still a massive diva? I just really wonder about their modern lives, or if they are still a big dysfunctional family.

Why not conjure them and ask them yourself? get to experience their truth instead of myth and possibly lies. You are talking about very powerful individuals i personally feel like they would be more stable in reality. We live in a world of lies and deception i would take the myths with a grain of salt and if you want the truth its best to go directly to the source.

:)

*>*
Love Light and Dark Blessings
Lightningkitsune
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My magical/paranormal name...: Lightningfox
Zodiac:

I dunno personally if I can work with most Olympians because of the biases mythos put in me, which is a darn shame, I know. I just feel that it would make things pretty awkward, so I was hoping to just see others experiences to know even if they did use to be like the stories, that they're stable now.

And Im glad seeing someone have good experiences with Zeus, because I do want proven wrong about trusting the legends too much. Part of me actually feels maybe the old days of lore were like collage frat days, and the Immortals look back at their antics like we do our teenage cringe phases. But wanted to know others experiences before even considering testing for myself in case of the risk.

CH: Centaur (V) , kitsune (L), gregori watcher (R) , Transylvanian sanguine vampire (B) , Satyr (S), Gryphon (M), Itchyocentaur (A) , Loki

Elsewhere: Woodsman (D), Kappa (K)
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Lightningkitsune wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:39 am I dunno personally if I can work with most Olympians because of the biases mythos put in me, which is a darn shame, I know. I just feel that it would make things pretty awkward, so I was hoping to just see others experiences to know even if they did use to be like the stories, that they're stable now.

And Im glad seeing someone have good experiences with Zeus, because I do want proven wrong about trusting the legends too much. Part of me actually feels maybe the old days of lore were like collage frat days, and the Immortals look back at their antics like we do our teenage cringe phases. But wanted to know others experiences before even considering testing for myself in case of the risk.
Although the mythos is the mythos (and don't forget there are ancient variations on the Greek Olympian pantheon's mythos that don't seem to agree with each other on some aspects)...

It could help if you separate what you think, as a result of reading the mythos, from a) spirit keeping and b) non-spirit keeping methods of working with the Olympian pantheon.

a) Spirit keeping - here the work has been done for you by the experienced conjurer who bound the Immortal.

I have a Master Spirit binding of an Olympian from CH. If you think about it, a Master Spirit binding is not simply a link to that Immortal. It invites the Immortal to be bound to aid the Keeper in specific ways. (If you read the CH Shop description for a Master Spirit binding, you'll see what those are.)

So too, the binding spells 'call' on the Immortal to be bound as a spirit companion in a certain way for the keeper. A positive way. It's not just a case of come here and act as you like. A competent, ethical conjurer won't do that. Which means a binding of an Olympian will result in a companion who is unlikely to display the negative sides seen in the mythos...as that's not what they'll be with you to do, if that makes sense.

b) non-spirit keeping methods - I'm thinking of tried and tested methods or schools of working with the Olympians.

I learned to work with them decades before I found bound spirit keeping. I experience working with them this way to be different than as a bound companion.

It all depends on what school, path or method you go with. The one I learned was very light-oriented and accessed those aspects of the immortals' energies. A dark arts path-type method is more likely to access those aspects and energies.

Basically, we need to be able to access the positive / beneficial aspects of Immortals.

The DIY-I haven't got a clue method - in my opinion someone who hasn't even got the experiences and advice of those who've gone before them to follow is far more likely to access the Immortals chaotically or negatively...especially if that person is worrying about the negative aspects of the Immortal they're trying to connect with.

In my opinion, it's far better to tread a well-trod path than wander off into the wilderness. It may seem brave but it could be foolhardy. (Maybe I'm in danger of being over dramatic? Or not?) At the very least, in such circumstances we'd need more than adequate protection measures, in order to keep away negative influences and beings.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

You've been given great feedback already, all of which I agree with.

I currently work with, and have worked with over the course of my practice, dozens of immortals - including most if not all of the Olympians. Some of them I have worked with through binding aspects of their energy, or summoning specific epithets/expressions of their presence, but I've had a chance to connect with the lot outside of that as well.

What it comes down to is the fact that they are beings of duality. They have light and dark aspects just as we do. They certainly could have periods of their past that no longer resonate to them, being immortal beings after all - but they will continue to have things (a majority of immortals, not only the Olympians) that you're not necessarily going to be cool with once you get to know them better or that you'll have to compromise on.

It's also worth noting that occasionally a more wicked or dualistic aspect of an immortal has positive benefit in context. Particularly taking the example of Aphrodite. You could characterize her in one aspect as a diva, but in that - she knows her worth and the worth that we should value ourselves at. She will let you know if she feels you're letting yourself be walked all over, or if you could do better - and as an immortal of wisdom observing us from the outside, she's often RIGHT... so for us, it becomes something we can love of her multifaceted personality.

As a woman I've never had trouble with Zeus or Apollo, though I don't work much with Zeus, and Apollo is family to me.

Their mythoi are basis for moral teaching and assessing the duality apparent within us as mortals - a reflection, like the oldest versions of fairy tales, and because the mythoi are translated by humans you can bet that we're getting the message conditioned by those mindsets and relevant circumstances of the time. There is truth in the mythoi cast through a kaleidoscope into many different rays of understanding the immortal - because the ancient world distilled these immortals down to rigid concepts in order to make easier sense of them.
With that in mind, I can tell you that you will find correlations which remain true and other manifestations that will surprise you. Your intuition knows best about the immortals, but your perception can bring you a product of collective consciousness instead if not exposed to the potentials.

In the end, curiosity doesn't mean calling, so you don't have to engage with anyone you don't feel totally sure about! A lot of more traditional practitioners stick to one god/dess or have a particular pantheon they resonate with, and if you're intrigued by a facet or aspect of an immortal you can get a binding of just that from a professional and not have to wonder about what more is there.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Presently, I have 25 immortals. 20 of them is the, so called CH item in the shop, Greeks and other 5 is a mixture of Celtic, Egyptian and Ireland. My most go to immortal is Astraea, Star Maiden. She is very close to me and she has a real connection to me that I am very aware.

Unfortunately, other then Dion Cecth, Qwan Yin and Asclepius, I have very subtle, if any experiences with the rest of them. On the day, when I got them, I had a mini vision experience. They did checked me out. We talked and I gathered, they are Immortals and I am only a mortal. I felt somewhat distanced and reduced in their presence. I welcomed them, and asked them to support my journey, show their loving kindness towards me without harming my loved ones and myself and if they like me enough, maybe one day bless us with their powerful gifts in needs and support for us.

That was than…nothing I can recall in between now and then. I do call them, especially Zeus, Hera, Hebe and Hestia up to this day, almost daily. Hebe and Hestia is manifest in weight loss and harmonious family life, and healthy living. I got Hera infusion servise coming up. But I really do not know what aspect or energy I will get eventually of Hera. I got Astraea and Athena infusions done before, too.

I just love the fact that Hera is the wife of Zeus and she is a beauty, wise and powerful to manifest all thing good and needed. Likewise, I can’t say much about Zeus. I ask him for helping me with goodwill, victory and prosperity.

I do offerings actually with herbs as well as I have a specific immortal binding with code words and live a special thing out during full moon as well for them. Unfortunately, as much as I actually wanted to work with Immortals, especially Greek types, they are rather subtle and none direct. But I have a lot of good things going on with Astraea.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Lightningkitsune wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:35 pmBasically, the entire pantheon is a bit unstable save for the relationship between Hades and Persephone.
They have their fair share of instability : p

Lightningkitsune wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:39 am Part of me actually feels maybe the old days of lore were like collage frat days, and the Immortals look back at their antics like we do our teenage cringe phases.
Another way of looking at it is that they were in another, alien culture than ours, since we are separated through time and place.
Even nowadays in the same time, there are cultures we can't understand in other places, other countries faraway from ours. Vice versa they may not understand our cultures as well.
On the other hand, in the same place, a lot of stuff that people in our countries in the past may not look good when seen from the perspective of our time. Vice versa, I don't think our great grandparents would understand how we live when seen from the perspective of their time (mine might at least banish me, and it could be much worse).
Considering the difference of time and place, you can multiply how different their culture is from ours : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:38 pm
Lightningkitsune wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:35 pmBasically, the entire pantheon is a bit unstable save for the relationship between Hades and Persephone.
They have their fair share of instability : p
I completely agree. I've done a bit of googling on their myth and all agree that Persephone was kidnapped. Either Hades kidnapped her directly, or Hermes (acting on Hades behalf) did.

Another interesting tidbit that I've found is that some sources claim that Persephone was initially called Kore- which means 'Maiden". She didn't gain the name Persephone until after she ate the pomegranate seeds.

According to scriptmyth on tumblr, Hades and Persephone were rarely seen together, and then it is in someone else's myth- like Orpheus. Marriages back then weren't made for love, they were made for practical reasons- power, status, access to resources, etc.

I can't comment on the others of the Greek pantheon as I have not worked with them.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Echofalls
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
Zodiac:

I find it's a typical thing among most Polytheists, myself included, that myths and stories of the Gods are just that; myths and stories.

In my own experience, Zeus comes across as very warm and fatherly, a loving and respectful King of the Gods.
Hades has a very deep, dark and earthy energy, very regal.
Zagreus was... interesting. His personality was warm and welcoming, but the dark, Cthonic energy he brought with him was terrifying.
I used to be too scared of approaching Ares... Until one day at work, Sobek stopped by with a warrior in blood-splattered gold armour beside him.
Sobek: "Hey. So, this is Ares, you'll get along great. Croc Dad out!"
All of my fear and terror vanished when Ares took off his helm and gave me the warmest smile I'd ever seen.

Finally, there was Ouranos. The primordial Sky Titan. He pretty much took me in his arms and said "tell me what troubles you, child." However, his presence... awoke some primal fear in me. It was like "Oh Gods, you're too big and too ancient and too powerful, and you're looking at me..."
It was like... He was already ancient, ancient when humanity first came about.

"Make no mistake... The Dead are not silent." - The Sorrow.
"Why do you entrust the days of your life to those who do not have your best interests at heart?" - Ifrit King N.

Return to “Immortals”