Does the third eye include psychic sensitivity?

Draz’Khal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Darkness Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Naggath

Does the third eye include psychic sensitivity? Or is that more in a different category?
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Draz’Khal wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:14 am Does the third eye include psychic sensitivity? Or is that more in a different category?
I'm probably in a pedantic frame of mind just now....but I don't know what you mean exactly.

I've drafted 2 replies already but have deleted them as I think it'd help me if you could explain a bit more.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Draz’Khal
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Darkness Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Naggath

Lewk wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:38 am
Draz’Khal wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:14 am Does the third eye include psychic sensitivity? Or is that more in a different category?
I'm probably in a pedantic frame of mind just now....but I don't know what you mean exactly.

I've drafted 2 replies already but have deleted them as I think it'd help me if you could explain a bit more.
What I mean is that like, does your third eye assist you in feeling energies, hearing, and seeing beings?
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Draz’Khal wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:58 am
Lewk wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:38 am

What I mean is that like, does your third eye assist you in feeling energies, hearing, and seeing beings?
Ok. Thanks for that clarification.

Yes, it's generally accepted that the third eye relates to visual spirit manifestations. The third eye chakra is in the area where humans' visual sense organs are.

Feeling is another sense, of course. We can feel energies, just like we can feel warmth and cold. Empathy is one way of sensing via feeling that enables us to feel non-physical beings. I think it's often probably a combination of feeling plus awareness/consciousness, especially when we sense outwards empathically.

Hearing 'psychically' isn't really related to the third eye either, I would say. There used to be talk of a third ear. Clairaudience of energies or beings could be seen as just another extension of our human sensing apparatus.

We can both see and feel or even hear an energy simultaneously. eg Seeing white light and feeling or 'knowing' it's other qualities.

Really, we have a complete system, which includes our various bodies, (eg 3 bodies, as per CH's system); our spirit; our soul; what's often called our energy body (which includes the chakras / third eye). I like to think that it's our overall system - us overall- that experiences everything, via our sentient awareness. And 'psychic' senses can be trained or developed, just like any other sense or skill.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

@Lewk already explained a lot about psychic senses. I also want to add that feeling energy is usually associated with the heart chakra. A well maintained heart chakra will let you sense energies more easily.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”