Dwarves and gnomes

Discussion of creatures starting with letters A-J.
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

They call to me. But so do halflings if they even exist.

But I got my first gnome either he is an amazing match or gnomes you just my kind of people. And I had s funny feeling why not more people talk about gnomes or dwarfs or dwarves.

The gnome energy st first I was confused I thought j was holding my chupcomba. But u was like ur not a handle feel ur so sweet and u love knowledge just oozed of wisdom and I wanted it. But the comfort too. It's like I wanted to get in bed and have him read me s history story. Th4n I felt my chuocubra that guy is off the walls but he was doing it in a fun way. I really like him i told hit to hit his paw on my hand I felt it.

But the gnome....... the instant connection with the gnome got me and it makes me really wonder about the dwarves I know they are different butttt I'm wondering if my interest means something. Snd if all gnomes are like mine. Let alone the scent I love shroom. Snd what it does it like hits my heart in just the right way. Happy. Wanting to know wisdom. Just comfort with some of my passions was amazing. I'm s history but I mean..r there halflings and sre there wa or atleast ga dwarves? Hell r there da gnomes? I want to know!

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

madgar29 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:36 pm They call to me. But so do halflings if they even exist.

But I got my first gnome either he is an amazing match or gnomes you just my kind of people. And I had s funny feeling why not more people talk about gnomes or dwarfs or dwarves.

The gnome energy st first I was confused I thought j was holding my chupcomba. But u was like ur not a handle feel ur so sweet and u love knowledge just oozed of wisdom and I wanted it. But the comfort too. It's like I wanted to get in bed and have him read me s history story. Th4n I felt my chuocubra that guy is off the walls but he was doing it in a fun way. I really like him i told hit to hit his paw on my hand I felt it.

But the gnome....... the instant connection with the gnome got me and it makes me really wonder about the dwarves I know they are different butttt I'm wondering if my interest means something. Snd if all gnomes are like mine. Let alone the scent I love shroom. Snd what it does it like hits my heart in just the right way. Happy. Wanting to know wisdom. Just comfort with some of my passions was amazing. I'm s history but I mean..r there halflings and sre there wa or atleast ga dwarves? Hell r there da gnomes? I want to know!
It's good to hear you have a positive connection with your gnome bound companion.

'..r there halflings' - I think you may mean the ones in JRR Tolkien stories, like the Hobbit or Lord of The Rings? They don't appear in human folklore, as they were invented by the writer around 85 years ago and have inspired subsequent fantasy stories. They're fictional beings, not spirits.

Dwarves do exist in folklore and can be bound as spirit companions. Creepy Hollows seems to classify all Dwarves as DA (see Encyclopedia). That could mean some are lighter grey than others. You could ask CH support.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I have 3 Gnomes. I absolutely adore them. The last one just got to me as an unbound and CH binded him to me. Ever since I have seen their shop item descriptions, I wanted them one but it was very expensive. Then, suddenly I got one as a freebie. My second one was from CH prebound, and my last one as I said, from 'what unbound are around you' order. All are males. They are amazing friends and always around me. Caring for me, my flowers, my faeries adore them too. I got really lucky having 3 males.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

HALFLINGS ARE NOT JUST LOTR, LOTR IS BASED OF HUMAN FOLKLORE IF U WANNA GET DOWN AND DIRTY THE AUTHOR OF LOTR WAS TAPPING INTO HUMAN FOLKLORE. RATHER HALF LINGS WERE SMALLER DAWRVES OR LARGER GNOMES IS DEBATE BUT WE KNOW FOLKLORE WISE THEY DID EXIST EVEN THE VIKINGS THOUGH THE IRISH WERE ELVES.

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

madgar29 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:43 am HALFLINGS ARE NOT JUST LOTR, LOTR IS BASED OF HUMAN FOLKLORE IF U WANNA GET DOWN AND DIRTY THE AUTHOR OF LOTR WAS TAPPING INTO HUMAN FOLKLORE. RATHER HALF LINGS WERE SMALLER DAWRVES OR LARGER GNOMES IS DEBATE BUT WE KNOW FOLKLORE WISE THEY DID EXIST EVEN THE VIKINGS THOUGH THE IRISH WERE ELVES.
THE IDEA OF SMALLER HUMANS IS NOT RARE.... DAWRFISM EVEN IN HUMANS....... BUT THE IDEA OF HALF THE SIZE OF A HUMAN HALFLING UR TELLING ME OS A LIE? I DONT BELIEVE IT. ALSO I SAID HALFLING NOT HOBBIT

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT A HALFLING WOULD BE POSSBL HYBRIF TALLER FAE RACE MIXED WITH GNOMES.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

@madgar29 I think I can now see that you're using the word Halfling to describe short hybrids in general. Have I got that right? Okay, that makes sense.

Can I ask if I've upset you, as you've used capitals in your replies, which can come across as shouting? If so, that's not what I intended and I'd always much rather have a calm, respectful discussion.

I know I can get pretty pedantic at times. I remember a time when people did not use the word Halfling except in relation to LOTR or later Dungeon & Dragons, so I'm very aware of its popularity being due to that. I believe originally the word was used in Scotland to describe young people - ie not spirits. More recently - after the popularity of LOTR - it became more common in fantasy circles.

"Originally, halfling comes from the Scots word hauflin, meaning an awkward rustic teenager, who is neither man nor boy, and so half of both. Another word for halfling is hobbledehoy or hobby. This usage of the word pre-dates both The Hobbit and Dungeons & Dragons.[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halfling

Is there a pre-1937 reference anywhere to a race called 'Halflings', ie before Tolkien?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:51 pm @madgar29 I think I can now see that you're using the word Halfling to describe short hybrids in general. Have I got that right? Okay, that makes sense.

Can I ask if I've upset you, as you've used capitals in your replies, which can come across as shouting? If so, that's not what I intended and I'd always much rather have a calm, respectful discussion.

I know I can get pretty pedantic at times. I remember a time when people did not use the word Halfling except in relation to LOTR or later Dungeon & Dragons, so I'm very aware of its popularity being due to that. I believe originally the word was used in Scotland to describe young people - ie not spirits. More recently - after the popularity of LOTR - it became more common in fantasy circles.

"Originally, halfling comes from the Scots word hauflin, meaning an awkward rustic teenager, who is neither man nor boy, and so half of both. Another word for halfling is hobbledehoy or hobby. This usage of the word pre-dates both The Hobbit and Dungeons & Dragons.[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halfling

Is there a pre-1937 reference anywhere to a race called 'Halflings', ie before Tolkien?

not upset just silly caps. fantasy and scifi ud be surprised hiw it reflects true reality for example star wars picture the empire as nazis..... even real ships from leaked solar warden fleet looked like star destroyers. then again not everyone is into deep ufology. or the washington dc fly by. keep in mind solar warden. if you google biggest hack ever done it was in 1995 but a scottish man hacked into nsa mainframe and started looking at solar warden usa. said give us him and they trailed him for insanity truly he keeps talking about aliens and ships please.

Halflings (Half-Fae, Half-Human) in Celtic Folklore. The Lady of Llyn y Fan Fach. and others.

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

german folklore i guess says they were normal sized but had evil intent

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Didn't mean to argue but Tolkien we all believe was not an original that he took folklore and used it and used the old stories of good vs. evil duality to depict things. He knew dwarves existed he knew orcs and elves existed. I can only assume halfings r just lost knowledge maybe I am wrong but many think Tolkien was far from an original author but a copy cat of mans folklore.

Honestly dunno why I got so worked up.

He knew trolls n orge existed. Goblins. He knew undead army stuck for not taking their oath I swear that's a folklore story in China isn't it

Return to “Creatures A-J”