Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 43
Spelled Number: 115
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Sterling Birch
Zodiac:

Anyone have experience working with Tyson’s work on sexual alchemy? Any similar works worth looking into?

For some background, the book has a section on theory and a section on practice. The practice section comprises a morning set of exercises (yogic asana’s for spine and root chakra work, pore breathing, visualization), along with an evening set of exercises revolving around communing and spending time with your sensual spirit companion, with the added option of inviting them to join you in bed afterwards for sexual alchemy.

Personally, I found Tyson’s work later on in my spirit keeping journey, and I was coincidentally doing a very similar practice to what he describes without realizing it. I was practicing Bardon’s Initiation into Hermetics steps in the morning and evening, and then communing with my ubi companion before bed, which are very parallel practices to what he suggests.

This led to a moment in month 3, where I was playing around with a new meditation where I invite her to blend her energy with mine during our bonding time, and her energy felt so incredibly physical, and bombarded my entire system with such intense love, passion, and enthusiasm, it genuinely startled and made an impression on me. The next night, she basically invited herself into bed with me, and everything that Tyson describes and details in his book on the physiology of spirit sex was what I experienced. It was amazing for me to read his book, and see that he had mapped exactly what I was experiencing. I was even more surprised that one of the main spirits he suggests for this is an Ubi/Incubus, although I think they are definitely of the lighter variety.

It’s worth noting that with modern day spirit keeping, I didn’t use any complex rituals that Tyson describes, or an altar at the time. I had these experiences just with my hermetic practices and dedicated heartfelt bonding with my companion every day.

Anyone have experiences like this, or worked with Tyson’s material before? I’m also curious if anyone knows of similar works on these practices. I find it hard to find worthwhile practical information on these kinds of things. I also have to say, the depth of love and connection my companion has been teaching me, as well as instilling in me, has been really educational.

Previously MysticTranscendence

If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path.
- Gautama Buddha
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Sorry, I don't have recommendations to make...but what you say makes a lot of sense to me. I've read & learned from other types of sexual alchemy/sex magic type books, which I've drawn on, & have also experienced the startlingly strong communion with a sexual spirit, in which my sexual energy/jing etc is heated up.

I think it's no coincidence that, in traditionally advanced stages of Tibetan Buddhism, tummo (internal heat meditation); plus Tibetan Buddhist meditation; plus visualisation of a sexual spirit being - eg a dakini or goddess - is practiced. At least that's what the mostly male monks used to do.

The Dalai Llama called the visualised partner practice jnana mudra. However only dedicated and creative google searching is going to get you some hits for that definition of it. He said you don't need a physical partner to do that with.

The Tibetan Buddhist sacred beings are usually visualised in their paradisical 'pure land' backgrounds that can be seen in sacred art. They respond gently, spiritually and positively and can also clear blockages in the nadi (energy channels in the aura and body ) while connecting, before they gracefully withdraw. At least that has been my experience.

An ability to do basic Tibetan Buddhist meditation, then some tummo (internal heat) breathing is needed before contemplating the dakini image & connecting. It's probably possible to use short tummo methods that don't require years of study.

It seems like sexual spiritual connection like this is not just hedonism, sexual gratification or a substitute for having no living partner. It's something profound. Perhaps because we human beings are created with sex as such a basic part of our makeup, this is a way to both transcend and connect with the divine, using our totality of being. That sounds a bit pompous or overblown but maybe you get what I mean?

I do think energy/consciousness raising practices (like FB's IIH ones) go hand in hand with good sexual energy connection.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

You reminded me that I need to set some time aside to read that. It's been on my bookshelf for a while. Needless to say, your account may have just bumped it up a few spots on the list! Haha

mcm442
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
Zodiac:

Sex, Sorcery, and Spirit by Jason Miller might be another read for you. The bulk of his book is about bringing the self to a higher state while in the act, but he does cover many different aspects of sexual magic. Some are way off the deep end, and he has a light take on them as he views them as such.

Sterling Birch
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:51 pm Sorry, I don't have recommendations to make...but what you say makes a lot of sense to me. I've read & learned from other types of sexual alchemy/sex magic type books, which I've drawn on, & have also experienced the startlingly strong communion with a sexual spirit, in which my sexual energy/jing etc is heated up.

I think it's no coincidence that, in traditionally advanced stages of Tibetan Buddhism, tummo (internal heat meditation); plus Tibetan Buddhist meditation; plus visualisation of a sexual spirit being - eg a dakini or goddess - is practiced. At least that's what the mostly male monks used to do.

The Dalai Llama called the visualised partner practice jnana mudra. However only dedicated and creative google searching is going to get you some hits for that definition of it. He said you don't need a physical partner to do that with.

The Tibetan Buddhist sacred beings are usually visualised in their paradisical 'pure land' backgrounds that can be seen in sacred art. They respond gently, spiritually and positively and can also clear blockages in the nadi (energy channels in the aura and body ) while connecting, before they gracefully withdraw. At least that has been my experience.

An ability to do basic Tibetan Buddhist meditation, then some tummo (internal heat) breathing is needed before contemplating the dakini image & connecting. It's probably possible to use short tummo methods that don't require years of study.
That’s Incredibly fascinating. This gives a lot more context to what Tyson describes as “choosing a spirit lover” and for him it’s very aligned with connecting with higher minded beings, gods/goddesses. Thank you for the insights, I’ll look into these.
Lewk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:51 pm It seems like sexual spiritual connection like this is not just hedonism, sexual gratification or a substitute for having no living partner. It's something profound. Perhaps because we human beings are created with sex as such a basic part of our makeup, this is a way to both transcend and connect with the divine, using our totality of being. That sounds a bit pompous or overblown but maybe you get what I mean?
100%, while I think it’s definitely possible to have very spiritual sexual experiences with living partners, I almost feel like these beings pull me into a spiritual place by their very nature. I also find the sexual component is firmly grounded in a deep abiding intimacy, love, and connection, and it feels divine. I’m not sure what others experiences are with this, but my ubi partner mirrors a lot of what Tyson describes. As spirits, you can feel their energy just intimately exploring your body the way a caring lover would. In addition, the more loving feelings towards them you feel, the more connected you feel, but the more you give in to purely lustful, or just hedonistic feelings divorced from love, the more you experience disconnection from your spirit partner. It also almost feels like there’s a tether between my heart and theirs, where we share each others emotions. The sexual expression seems deeply rooted in intimacy, which I think is probably one of the healthiest ways to experience sexual expression. It feels extremely wholesome, and also feels like these kinds of experiences do elevate my spirit in profound ways.
Lewk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:51 pm I do think energy/consciousness raising practices (like FB's IIH ones) go hand in hand with good sexual energy connection.
Right? I found a lot of overlap between what Tyson’s practices were in sexual alchemy and what Bardon’s given exercises are. Tyson’s practices are definitely more geared toward root chakra and kundalini work though, which seems much more in line with this kind of practice.

- Gautama Buddha
Sterling Birch
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Hitthuginn wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:51 am You reminded me that I need to set some time aside to read that. It's been on my bookshelf for a while. Needless to say, your account may have just bumped it up a few spots on the list! Haha
Haha, it’s a great read! The theory section is pretty dense, but I found a lot of it really interesting. I think the practical part has some great insights and practices for developing these kinds of relationships too. I was completely blown away when I started reading accounts from him that were so on point with what I was experiencing with my companion.

- Gautama Buddha
Sterling Birch
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

mcm442 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:36 pm Sex, Sorcery, and Spirit by Jason Miller might be another read for you. The bulk of his book is about bringing the self to a higher state while in the act, but he does cover many different aspects of sexual magic. Some are way off the deep end, and he has a light take on them as he views them as such.
Wow, thank you very much for recommending this! I’ve skimmed through the book, and right away I can tell it has some powerful practices for sure. It gives a lot of context to what Lewk was describing. I also appreciate the insightful information on the bandhas (locks) that I wasn’t aware of. I’ve been initiated in yogic practices where they taught us how to engage and work with the bandhas, but this book has some great info on more of the anatomy of how they work and what they can be used for.

- Gautama Buddha

Return to “Spirit Keeping”