Gem association replacement

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
Cultured Gentleman
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Basil 🌿

Hi all! So I have a Sterling angel coming and looked into the encyclopedia to purchase associations to strengthen binding. Everything seems pretty easy to get except the gemstone which happens to be canary diamond. Are there any gems that would be an acceptable replacement? If not I would need to save up as .5 carat is somewhere between 1k-3k range depending on color and clarity. At that point would have to weigh pros and cons of just getting more spells and spirits bound instead. Any help is appreciated!

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is Indistinguishable from magic”
Arthur C Clarke

“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our sense to get sharper”
W.C. Yeats
Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Clear quartz works as a great replacement for most crystals. When it comes to angels I personally like giving them offerings of angelite, selenite, seraphinite, and Celestite in general.

What my angel companions tend to like most is angel crystal carvings in crystals of their favorite color. I think the best thing to do is see if you feel called to a certain crystal for this angel. I think it’s a great bonding activity to invite them along to a crystal shop with you and let them pick out what they want.

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

Also keep in mind that it really isn't necessary to get everything associated with a spirit to help with bonding. Choosing a basic bonding activity on their associated day would be just as effective with or without an expensive gemstone. It doesn't mean you're less of a keeper, and the main idea of spirit keeping as presented by CH is that it's meant to be accessible to everyone regardless of wealth or class.

That said, Hazell has some good ideas about clear quartz: an additional thought would be herkimer diamond, which is really a very clear, double-terminated form of quartz, which isn't very expensive. Or perhaps let your angel pick a stone with you.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Cultured Gentleman
new here
new here

Hazell wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:07 am Clear quartz works as a great replacement for most crystals. When it comes to angels I personally like giving them offerings of angelite, selenite, seraphinite, and Celestite in general.

What my angel companions tend to like most is angel crystal carvings in crystals of their favorite color. I think the best thing to do is see if you feel called to a certain crystal for this angel. I think it’s a great bonding activity to invite them along to a crystal shop with you and let them pick out what they want.
Thanks Hazell! A lot of good ideas. I might just buy a piece of each of those you suggested and see which one she resonates with more. When she eventually arrives. :)| Then depending what she likes I will see if I can find an angel carving. I did see a angel carving of bronzite which I’ll probably get for my bronwyn angel. Do you know if ubis like carvings as well?

Arthur C Clarke

“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our sense to get sharper”
W.C. Yeats
Cultured Gentleman
new here
new here

AlexCzernosech wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:41 pm Also keep in mind that it really isn't necessary to get everything associated with a spirit to help with bonding. Choosing a basic bonding activity on their associated day would be just as effective with or without an expensive gemstone. It doesn't mean you're less of a keeper, and the main idea of spirit keeping as presented by CH is that it's meant to be accessible to everyone regardless of wealth or class.

That said, Hazell has some good ideas about clear quartz: an additional thought would be herkimer diamond, which is really a very clear, double-terminated form of quartz, which isn't very expensive. Or perhaps let your angel pick a stone with you.
Thanks Alex! It’s good to know I can just use 1-2 associations and be successful. My personality is like ok I’m going to make the best bonding ritual ever, I need them all. 😂 I also was trying to find an equivalent because I had the idea of getting gemstone chips and making a little bed and or den or sanctuary with their associations to help them connect quicker and stronger. I found bronzite chips for $2 for an ounce. Thinking of doing this for all my spirits before they arrive so they feel welcomed.

Arthur C Clarke

W.C. Yeats
Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
Zodiac:

Cultured Gentleman wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:59 pm
Hazell wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:07 am Clear quartz works as a great replacement for most crystals. When it comes to angels I personally like giving them offerings of angelite, selenite, seraphinite, and Celestite in general.

Thanks Hazell! A lot of good ideas. I might just buy a piece of each of those you suggested and see which one she resonates with more. When she eventually arrives. :)| Then depending what she likes I will see if I can find an angel carving. I did see a angel carving of bronzite which I’ll probably get for my bronwyn angel. Do you know if ubis like carvings as well?
My ubi companions actually love carvings in the shape of hearts. On one occasion my king incubus came into my dreams and requested a rose quartz carving in a flame shape. Carnelian, rose quartz, and rhodonite crystals are popular requests among my ubi companions. However there are a few that like things that are a little bit more unexpected, like one of them asking for bismuth (I wasn’t really a fan of how it looked, so I didn’t have any myself.) I later found out one of its properties is to help connect and strengthen friendships.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

Cultured Gentleman wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:04 am Hi all! So I have a Sterling angel coming and looked into the encyclopedia to purchase associations to strengthen binding. Everything seems pretty easy to get except the gemstone which happens to be canary diamond. Are there any gems that would be an acceptable replacement? If not I would need to save up as .5 carat is somewhere between 1k-3k range depending on color and clarity. At that point would have to weigh pros and cons of just getting more spells and spirits bound instead. Any help is appreciated!
Your Angel might like something different. The one suggested is usually a general one that many of their race likes, and it's not particularly what exactly to your Angel's liking. It's good to ask them personally. So I'd opt for the look alike canary diamond, which is less than $20 on the internet, and it should resemble what they like. I already have one on my wishlist that I wanted to get for my lovely Sterling Angel, but now she'd know about that secret when I wrote this post :*)

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

I didn't know I did the biggest ritual welcoming ever until I read Spirit Communication Class 1 a week after. No wonder they manifested since day 1.
So it's good to be prepared and make them feel welcome, but also remember that intention is more important!
(Sorry, I didn't know how to edit the post, so I just have to post a new one. Lol)

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Cultured Gentleman wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:04 am Hi all! So I have a Sterling angel coming and looked into the encyclopedia to purchase associations to strengthen binding. Everything seems pretty easy to get except the gemstone which happens to be canary diamond. Are there any gems that would be an acceptable replacement? If not I would need to save up as .5 carat is somewhere between 1k-3k range depending on color and clarity. At that point would have to weigh pros and cons of just getting more spells and spirits bound instead. Any help is appreciated!
I hope this comment is useful.

I think there's a distinct difference between

a) Associations; and
b) General offerings/treats etc.

The thing about CH associations for me is they help us tune in to the spirit's essence /nature. And, yes, doing things on the relevant day or month can help amplify that. Also using the other associations does the same. It basically helps us - the Keeper - tune in and bond with the spirit. That's the way I see it (fwiw).

On the other hand, arguing against myself somewhat, offering the exact gemstone from the associations gives them "a natural feeding of Earthen core energy", as the CH Encyclopedia says. This benefits the spirit.

I suspect offering another type of gemstone will not produce the exact same effect.

Offering things to our spirits that aren't related to the CH associations will be appreciated by them of course and they too will aid with bonding in their own way. So does tasking - giving them something to do.

Feeding - another option is to get the Aeon Orb and add feeding energies to it for the type of spirit we have.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/aeon-orb.html

I probably shouldn't need to say this but I hope it's obvious that these are just my views - my insights and working assumptions from 5 years of spirit keeping. I'm not the resident expert here by any means. Still I hope some of that is useful, or at least of interest for the purposes of discussion.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”