Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I read the description and the info in the encyclopedia, but it isn't much. So, I'm here asking for any info from anyone who has them. I read to only ever offer milk, and then only rarely and they like to be in small groups. Because in a group, they will sing. And in my head, I see Thorin, bifur, killi and all the dwarves singing together, having a good time, so I got 3. :)
So, any thing else I should know?

0..0 *0*
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

This sounds really interesting. I have none, but I'll revisit you on this tread to see how is it going with your 3⃣ Brownies. 😁

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Beckielyn
new here
new here
Zodiac:

ASTER wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:39 am This sounds really interesting. I have none, but I'll revisit you on this tread to see how is it going with your 3⃣ Brownies. 😁
I had known of them, but didn't know much. Didn't know I wanted one until I stumbled on the listing. I was browsing around all the tabs. At first I was like, 1 would be good. Then, if they like groups, and to sing folk songs, I'll do just that.
I thought I was done getting new friends for the moment. But, Brownies and a forest troll called my name. <3 ()

0..0 *0*
marauderkaelyn
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: gregori watchers :>
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Beckielyn wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:59 pm
ASTER wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:39 am This sounds really interesting. I have none, but I'll revisit you on this tread to see how is it going with your 3⃣ Brownies. 😁
I had known of them, but didn't know much. Didn't know I wanted one until I stumbled on the listing. I was browsing around all the tabs. At first I was like, 1 would be good. Then, if they like groups, and to sing folk songs, I'll do just that.
I thought I was done getting new friends for the moment. But, Brownies and a forest troll called my name. <3 ()
lol this sounds so adorable! When I first came across their listing I was very intrigued as well but I also know myself and I think I would accidentally thank them all the time. D:

♡ ~ A ~ ♡ ~ S ~ ♡ ~ P ~ ♡ ~ K ~ ♡ ~ V ~ ♡ ~ J ~ ♡ ~ R ~ ♡
Beckielyn
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I'm a very gifty type person. If you make me happy, if I love you, enjoy your company I'll give you gifts. Random things usually. So, these guys will be hard for me to not give them things as thanks often. I'm gonna designate a shot glass just for them and their milk.

0..0 *0*
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

Yeah... Spot on. 😉 That is why I never got one of these.
marauderkaelyn wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:00 pm
Beckielyn wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:59 pm
lol this sounds so adorable! When I first came across their listing I was very intrigued as well but I also know myself and I think I would accidentally thank them all the time. D:

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Beckielyn wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:47 am I read the description and the info in the encyclopedia, but it isn't much. So, I'm here asking for any info from anyone who has them. I read to only ever offer milk, and then only rarely and they like to be in small groups. Because in a group, they will sing. And in my head, I see Thorin, bifur, killi and all the dwarves singing together, having a good time, so I got 3. :)
So, any thing else I should know?
I have a Brownie from CH. I know Mystic Morning Treasures also has them. The care instructions for both are different.

It's very important to keep to the precise instructions from the conjurer who did the binding.

Lisa of MMT does her bindings so the Brownie can leave if they're offended & says exactly what should be offered and how. CH have said that as a spirit companion many of their spirits are not as difficult to interact with as when they were alive. So some of the Encyclopedia info can be about that traditional lore, not how they'll behave as bound companions.

A CH bound Brownie spirit will not leave its keeper. Also it's worth remembering that CH say offerings are *not* necessary for any of their spirits. So I don't even give the small offering of milk any longer.

At the same time, I think it is important to show respect to my Brownie by not using the words please or thank you, as I understand that according to traditional lore they might traditionally have caused offence and are probably words a Brownie doesn't best like to hear.

Not giving an offering and not saying thank you took a while to retrain my habits. But I think CH Brownies are more understanding and tolerant, due to their kind hearted nature, than we might expect.

I am very glad indeed that I have a Brownie companion, who I wouldn't be without.

I don't think Brownies dislike being on their own with humans. Afaik it's okay to have one on their own. I also have a Kobold from CH, who told me they and Brownies work very well together...and they do.

I hadn't heard that about singing folk songs.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Beckielyn
new here
new here
Zodiac:

All my companions are from CH. I read the singing in the description. It didn't say they didn't like being alone, but they liked being alone with a human or a small group.
I'm weird and if anything says they like, or are happy or thrive in groups, I'm gonna get more than 1. Like, I have hermit crabs, they do best in a group, so I have 9. 😂
I'll remember to not say please or thank you to them, which will be hard for me. I say thank you to my husband for taking out the trash. And to my dog for giving me a cuddle. 🤷‍♀️
I don't plan on offerings all the time, mainly when they arrive as a welcome home type thing. Unless that wouldn't be wise?

0..0 *0*
Beckielyn
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Edit: singing wasn't in the listing description, may have been in the encyclopedia. I know I read it somewhere.

0..0 *0*
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

What is the long-term benefits of having them with you @Lewk and @Beckielyn ?

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Spirit Keeping”