new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello to all, I asked this same question in the chat, and they encouraged me to write this post because it's something interesting.

While I was doing my household chores, I clearly saw in my mind the image of a woman with green dragon scales and dragon wings. Does anyone have an idea of which entity this could be? I tried to look it up in the encyclopedia, but I couldn't find anything

In the chat, they told me that it was definitely a dragon, but of course, I didn't know that they could take on a humanoid form.

Does anyone who has worked with dragons know more about this?

So far the only thing I have done is to ask this entity for more information, but for the moment I have no more clues.

Gray Mongrel
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Starling Dandelion
Zodiac:

I am interested in this question as well. I have a pearlscale dragon that while playing a game, he saw a character and told me they closely resemble the form he would take if he was to take a human form. So far none of my dragons manifested with humanoid forms but I'm interested to learn if that is possible for dragons (not were-dragons).

> she/they - enby <

8*8 Spirits
Star Angel, Astral Angel, Diwata Faery, Star Faery, Drac, Amphithere Dragon, Pearlscale Dragon, Psy Vampire, Gryphon, Volkh, Fylgia, Caladrius, Centicore, Hallow Hound, Kitsune, 3 Guides, 2 Wild Kingdom
8*8 Living Entities
Indigo Unicorn, Traherect, Marshaltuk Soulmate, Falwer-Niamstrum Soulmate, Uvok Twin, Ghiseul Twin
Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master

Yeah I have were-dragons and they have always presented as one or the other form, and none of my "standard" dragons have ever shown themselves in a humanoid form to me before. They have changed their size but never shape. So I am too very curious about this.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

narkhen wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:46 am Hello to all, I asked this same question in the chat, and they encouraged me to write this post because it's something interesting.

While I was doing my household chores, I clearly saw in my mind the image of a woman with green dragon scales and dragon wings. Does anyone have an idea of which entity this could be? I tried to look it up in the encyclopedia, but I couldn't find anything

In the chat, they told me that it was definitely a dragon, but of course, I didn't know that they could take on a humanoid form.

Does anyone who has worked with dragons know more about this?

So far the only thing I have done is to ask this entity for more information, but for the moment I have no more clues.
Tarvos wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:30 am @narkhen She's definitely a Dragon.
Absolutely, I was the one who shared that information with you. And now that you've described her features as having green dragon scales and wings, she fits the description of a Green Dragon. While many dragons can take on humanoid forms, not all choose to do so. It's not a limitation of their abilities, but rather a preference. They have the option to appear as a humanoid, a dragon, or even a combination of the two, with wings and scales added to a humanoid form.

I have a Dragon companion who took on the guise of a cat when meeting my mom, simply to avoid causing her any fear. It's become a running joke between us, as I playfully tease her about being a cat. Lol. However, she usually sticks to her magnificent Dragon form, refusing to take on any other form, including humanoid.

Regarding Kitsune's comment in the chat, I respectfully disagree. Dragons do not possess shapeshifting ability. Even if they are hybrids, their ability to shapeshift depends on the other half of their lineage. Being a hybrid does not automatically grant them shapeshifting ability.

The same applies to Were-Dragons or Werewolves in general - they do not have the ability to shapeshift. While their playful nature and versatility may make it seem like they can take on different forms, they are limited to their Werewolf form in battles. They cannot shapeshift unless specified by the hybrid counterpart of their lineage.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

narkhen wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:46 am [...] Does anyone have an idea of which entity this could be? I tried to look it up in the encyclopedia, but I couldn't find anything

[...]
Tarvos wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:30 am
[...]

Regarding Kitsune's comment in the chat, I respectfully disagree. Dragons do not possess shapeshifting ability. Even if they are hybrids, their ability to shapeshift depends on the other half of their lineage. Being a hybrid does not automatically grant them shapeshifting ability.

[...[
I think I may have to respectfully disagree with the respectful disagreement. To say that absolutely no dragon at all - in the entire Universe - can shapeshift seems incorrect, as there's at least this one 'shapeshifting', astral realm, Betelgeuse dragon listing in the CH Shop that I've found. Perhaps there have been shapeshifting dragons here on Earth in the past too?

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/rare-hyb ... ne--1.html

Ultimately, though, that's perhaps a little academic. Dragons seem to be able to present/manifest as humanoid - some at least may either want to or be able to. Whether or not it's technically shapeshifting. I remember reading a number of older posts in this Forum of members who have experienced this too.

It seems to be a Thing. But it has not been my experience with my own dragon companions.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

This too may be of interest: a dragon polymorpher from our planet Earth.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... pirit.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Lewk wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:15 pm I think I may have to respectfully disagree with the respectful disagreement. To say that absolutely no dragon at all - in the entire Universe - can shapeshift seems incorrect, as there's at least this one 'shapeshifting', astral realm, Betelgeuse dragon listing in the CH Shop that I've found. Perhaps there have been shapeshifting dragons here on Earth in the past too?

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/rare-hyb ... ne--1.html

Ultimately, though, that's perhaps a little academic. Dragons seem to be able to present/manifest as humanoid - some at least may either want to or be able to. Whether or not it's technically shapeshifting. I remember reading a number of older posts in this Forum of members who have experienced this too.

It seems to be a Thing. But it has not been my experience with my own dragon companions.
Sure, let me try to simplify this for you, Lewk. Now, "shifter type" and a "shapeshifting ability" aren't the same thing. When we talk about a 'shifter type,' we're referring to entities that can somewhat modify their form but still retain key characteristics, like a dragon retaining their dragon-like appearance even when they shift. An example would be a dragon that can alter their form but still remains largely dragon-like, they can't transform into a completely different form, like a bird, and function fully as that bird.

I think you need to read the listing again. Considering the description you linked, their transformations seem limited to either retaining their 'reptilian-dragon' appearance or adopting a more 'tree-like' form while maintaining a dragon-like head. While they have the capacity to shift within certain constraints, they don't possess a full shapeshifting ability.

Now the exciting part is, if you're interested in learning about shapeshifting magick, the shifter type dragon could be very helpful! Despite not being shape-shifters themselves, they can still guide you.

Remember, while all spirits or entities can present themselves in numerous ways, these are merely manifestations. The shifter type, especially for dragons, is typically limited to their dragon form or variations of it unless they have hybrid attributes that allow further transformations.

P.S. It seems like the conversation has taken an exciting turn away from the original question. So I won't reply as it's quite irrelevant. How about we start a new thread dedicated to the topics of shapeshifting and polymorphing? I'd love to dive into that discussion and share thoughts with you in the right place.

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:51 pm

The same applies to Were-Dragons or Werewolves in general - they do not have the ability to shapeshift. While their playful nature and versatility may make it seem like they can take on different forms, they are limited to their Werewolf form in battles. They cannot shapeshift unless specified by the hybrid counterpart of their lineage.
CH's own encyclopedia refers to Silver Western Dragons as "polymorphers and can take on any shape", and as well, there are so many more species of dragon outside of CH's expertise that have a huge range of abilities, including shapeshifting for a few of them. Other known dragons with shapeshifting ability include Chuvash, zmei, and many (but not all) Eastern dragons (Ryujin and Shen are particular notables from lore). Considering many dragons are also magic users, a dragon can learn and utilize shapeshifting magic. Best not to speak in absolutes when there is knowledge otherwise.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

AlexCzernosech wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:31 pm CH's own encyclopedia refers to Silver Western Dragons as "polymorphers and can take on any shape", and as well, there are so many more species of dragon outside of CH's expertise that have a huge range of abilities, including shapeshifting for a few of them. Other known dragons with shapeshifting ability include Chuvash, zmei, and many (but not all) Eastern dragons (Ryujin and Shen are particular notables from lore). Considering many dragons are also magic users, a dragon can learn and utilize shapeshifting magic. Best not to speak in absolutes when there is knowledge otherwise.
Polymorphing isn't quite the same as shapeshifting, but let's keep things simple as that. If someone wants to start a new thread on that topic, I'm all in for joining the discussion! For now, let's try to stay on track with the OP's original question, which I don't believe you have answered it.

Gray Mongrel
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Starling Dandelion
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:00 pm
AlexCzernosech wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:31 pm CH's own encyclopedia refers to Silver Western Dragons as "polymorphers and can take on any shape", and as well, there are so many more species of dragon outside of CH's expertise that have a huge range of abilities, including shapeshifting for a few of them. Other known dragons with shapeshifting ability include Chuvash, zmei, and many (but not all) Eastern dragons (Ryujin and Shen are particular notables from lore). Considering many dragons are also magic users, a dragon can learn and utilize shapeshifting magic. Best not to speak in absolutes when there is knowledge otherwise.
Polymorphing isn't quite the same as shapeshifting, but let's keep things simple as that. If someone wants to start a new thread on that topic, I'm all in for joining the discussion! For now, let's try to stay on track with the OP's original question, which I don't believe you have answered it.
I'm not sure if anyone answered it ngl, I'm only now learning those are seen like different things and I barely understood the previous replies. What I wanna know for my case is if a non-polymorphing western dragon can manifest humanoid or not.

> she/they - enby <

8*8 Spirits
Star Angel, Astral Angel, Diwata Faery, Star Faery, Drac, Amphithere Dragon, Pearlscale Dragon, Psy Vampire, Gryphon, Volkh, Fylgia, Caladrius, Centicore, Hallow Hound, Kitsune, 3 Guides, 2 Wild Kingdom
8*8 Living Entities
Indigo Unicorn, Traherect, Marshaltuk Soulmate, Falwer-Niamstrum Soulmate, Uvok Twin, Ghiseul Twin

Return to “Dragons”