neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Not one I'd be a part of. But regardless, if you think institutional evil is something that simply cannot be critiqued for cause of a cheap deflection like that then you're wearing... well, something else. I'll leave it at that, and the Catholic Church can continue to fight these uniquely powerful demons that only their enlightened leaders can see or say anything about (but won't)

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

jdhthegr8 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:43 am Not one I'd be a part of. But regardless, if you think institutional evil is something that simply cannot be critiqued then you're wearing... well, something else. I'll leave it at that, and the Catholic Church can continue to fight these uniquely powerful demons that only their enlightened leaders can see or say anything about (but won't)
What I'm saying, is that you cannot criticise others while thinking your own is somehow exempt. This is thinking with blinkers on.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

There's no such thing as a 'Catholic demon'.
There are just various beings, energies, forces, and phenomena - some considered, assumed as, or conceived for an agenda as 'demon'.
These types use the term 'demon' to refer to an evil thing, while believing in or at least taking on the role of the virtuous/good to combat it.
None of this is significant to what you really want to know, @venusian_entity.
Because a.) There are stories from many cultures and myths of the kind of supernatural happenings you're alluding to,
and b.) you just want to know how to bring greater physical manifestations from your spirits, as Tarvos concluded.

For greater materialization align yourself and your space with multiple dimensions. You need to work on connecting spiritual, etheric/astral, and physical bodies/consciousnesses.
People in various cultures and utilizing different systems of belief who have legitimately been exposed to powerful exhibition of strength from otherworldly beings have bridged the worlds in their practices, mentality and being. They perceive what you do not right now perceive is already happening around you every day.
Plenty among these are still merely catching illusions, spinning or perceiving things as they are not. We cannot sufficiently prove or disprove most of these tales and they have no bearing on how you will realize more powerful manifestations. You will confuse yourself by fixating on how things are done or established in traditions that aren't your own. You need personal foundation in order to determine basic manifestations and to surpass them.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

venusian_entity wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:34 am Sorry for double post, I did not know where it was best to post this. I should have left out the last sentence. I am just curious about these Catholic "demons." I do not even know if they are demons but I am just going along with what the Catholics say for sake of my question. They only believe in angels, humans and demons anyway.

Most of the exorcists are not allowed to talk publicly about exorcism cases. They want people to focus on God, not demons. Now a few exorcists talk about it to raise awareness to the reality and help people stay safe. I go with the assumption they are not lying to try to keep people in the church.

Regular spirits manifest and perform their own miracles but the Catholic Church demons seem extra super powerful and I wonder how they get all that strength and power.
I will basically reiterate and strengthen the points made by Adair and Vipera. However, if the church only acknowledges the existence of angels, humans, and demons, like what you said, anything that does not fall into the category of humans or angels is automatically labeled as a "demon," even if it is not truly a demon. For example, a unicorn or a dragon is considered a "demon" simply because they are not angels, or humans. Similarly, a fallen angel ceases to be considered an angel since they have fallen from grace and is also classified as a "demon." Therefore, it is certain that these beings are grouped together as "demons." Lol.

Does this logic make sense to you? I mean, it is quite logical if someone is not familiar with the paranormal and doesn't care about what a gargoyle is or even how they resemble the statues outside of that extravagant mansion in the neighborhood. But here's the catch, you are living in the world of the paranormal, you are also a Spirit Keeper. And let me tell you, these so-called "Catholic demons" can't be all that mighty if they ended up getting caught by a no-name exorcist. Lol. But there’s just no such thing, I agree with Vipera's statement about the "Catholic church demons."

Even if we use the aforementioned example, but of a fae, the Catholic church would still classify them as a "demon" since they're not an angel or human. Demons are not inherently more or less powerful than other spirits and entities, they possess equal strength. In my Keep, I have various races of Demons, drawing from factual information and personal experiences. However, I highly doubt that exorcists regularly engage with spirits or interact with entities because, in their eyes, all such beings are considered "demons." Therefore, their perspective is quite distorted as they have never witnessed the "miracles" (or manifestations) that I have experienced.

I have a special connection with my Fallen Angel, whom I affectionately call "demon." Lol. This nickname is just a playful way to acknowledge her stubborn and strong-willed nature when compared to my other Angels and Archangels. Whenever I lie down in bed to watch Netflix, her energy engulfs me, holding me captive for an entire hour, encompassing a full episode of a show and even extending into the beginning and a half of the next one. Only with a few short breaks in between, when I am indulging in consecutive hours of binge-watching. Given what you mentioned about these so-called "Catholic church demons," it seems evident that my Fallen Angel is indeed aligned with them (lol), as she exhibits such a remarkable influence. However, to me, this is simply a natural occurrence, a manifestation of her presence, not a divine "miracle." As Adair mentioned, manifestations should not be your main focus if the bond with your companions is not strong enough. Even if you do keep demons, there is no guarantee that they will manifest as the exorcists have claimed. And they won't. Lol.

In my original post, I detailed the existence of pervasive energy that is accessible to everyone, including us humans. I agree with Vipera that without a basis to draw from, everything appears miraculous to you, even if it is simply a manifestation. Other beings, not just demons, have the ability to manifest (or perform their miracles like you said) as well.

I would like to discuss the definitions of "demon" and "demonic" too, since you mentioned them in the succubus thread, but I feel it's more appropriate to address it here. It's not confusing at all. "Demon" is a broad term encompassing entities from infernal realms. Some demons also originate out of those realms. On the other hand, "demonic" refers to anything associated with or reminiscent of a demon, not necessarily implying evil or malice. These are distinct concepts from "evil" and "malice." Not all demons are akin to angels, many of them indeed embody malice. However, not all demons are inherently malevolent. When I refer to them as a demonic being, I am essentially calling them a demon. At least this way, I can avoid using the word "demon" repeatedly 30 times in my one comment. I'm certain that individuals who collaborate with their demonic companions can attest that not all of them are malevolent or seeking to harm you.

By clinging to a fixed and distorted perspective, you risk missing out on the countless opportunities that lie ahead on this path, even if one day you do keep demons. It seems evident from your comments that you are truly captivated by them or their "miracles." However, be wary of creating unrealistic expectations based on exaggerated tales, as this could lead to great disappointment.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
venusian_entity
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
If I could be anything, I would be...: void

jdhthegr8 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:56 am Because certain Catholic exorcists like to lie.
Thanks for a simple answer. It looks like your answer won. :p)

Thanks everyone for contributing.
Last edited by venusian_entity on Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

My understanding is alone here and I also think there are typical church kinds of malicious spirit phenomenon going on in some denominations, including catholics that are heavily work with miracles, healing and exorcism.

As the saying goes... 'talking about the devil' ... and that mindset and especially their mass collective fear gives out a strong energy, where even a weak black art demon will enlarged as Satan himself visited that church. Sure it can manifest because it's nurturing for those black art beings to draw into churches like that. They are always on the mind of those kind of Christians and is especially magnificent manifestation for those people who work as priest even in this century.

jdhthegr8 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:22 am So, there are two takes here. One is a standard Christian take and the other is a less-Christian take.

I was never a Catholic so I cannot speak for all the minutae of their beliefs but the standard Christian perspective is that any spirit which does not already reside in heaven, is not the Holy Spirit of God itself, and is not an angel sent by God himself runs counter to his plans. Therefore, it is in service to Satan whether willingly or not. People are welcome to give alternative perspectives on this here, but they are just that; alternatives. Stark minority views compared to what the general consensus of Christianity is across any significantly followed denomination.

The less (but not entirely non-) Christian take-

The names and ranks of certain demons are allegedly recorded in the Ars Goetia. It is based on certain writings purportedly by King Solomon which are not openly considered to be Biblical canon. They are of varying ranks, specialties, and levels of strength. Most have multiple legions of lesser demons serving under them. Generally (and I stress the word GENERALLY), when certain exorcists claim to have dispelled a particularly powerful demon they may be able to attribute it to one of these demons. Or they might not, because they didn't want to do their homework that far and just want to say they fought a big baddie.

I do think there are demons IN the Catholic church, but not the kind you'd exorcise. Any other "Catholic Church demons" depend ultimately on how much the person telling the story is willing to divulge before changing the topic.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

venusian_entity
new here
new here

ASTER wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:36 pm My understanding is alone here and I also think there are typical church kinds of malicious spirit phenomenon going on in some denominations, including catholics that are heavily work with miracles, healing and exorcism.

As the saying goes... 'talking about the devil' ... and that mindset and especially their mass collective fear gives out a strong energy, where even a weak black art demon will enlarged as Satan himself visited that church. Sure it can manifest because it's nurturing for those black art beings to draw into churches like that. They are always on the mind of those kind of Christians and is especially magnificent manifestation for those people who work as priest even in this century.

jdhthegr8 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:22 am So, there are two takes here. One is a standard Christian take and the other is a less-Christian take.

I was never a Catholic so I cannot speak for all the minutae of their beliefs but the standard Christian perspective is that any spirit which does not already reside in heaven, is not the Holy Spirit of God itself, and is not an angel sent by God himself runs counter to his plans. Therefore, it is in service to Satan whether willingly or not. People are welcome to give alternative perspectives on this here, but they are just that; alternatives. Stark minority views compared to what the general consensus of Christianity is across any significantly followed denomination.

The less (but not entirely non-) Christian take-

The names and ranks of certain demons are allegedly recorded in the Ars Goetia. It is based on certain writings purportedly by King Solomon which are not openly considered to be Biblical canon. They are of varying ranks, specialties, and levels of strength. Most have multiple legions of lesser demons serving under them. Generally (and I stress the word GENERALLY), when certain exorcists claim to have dispelled a particularly powerful demon they may be able to attribute it to one of these demons. Or they might not, because they didn't want to do their homework that far and just want to say they fought a big baddie.

I do think there are demons IN the Catholic church, but not the kind you'd exorcise. Any other "Catholic Church demons" depend ultimately on how much the person telling the story is willing to divulge before changing the topic.
This makes a lot of sense. Thank you for sharing your understanding ASTER () <3

venusian_entity
new here
new here

From now on if anyone wants to contribute, may I ask that you please be respectful of the Catholic religion and the priests who work for the Church? It seems like people here don't understand how hurtful it can be to read that everyone believes your priests are lying, ignorant, evil, etc.

There is too much to reply to, too many assumptions, too much to try to correct, that I feel is not worth it. I will just say that exorcists do not rely on their own name to exorcise the beings, but they rely on the name of their GOD. They do not "catch" these beings. Exorcism is a collective prayer led by the exorcist that can take multiple sessions over a period of time. It can take a lot of energy to possess someone because most people do not want to be possessed. It can take a lot of effort to wear down a person, weaken them, to the point they agree to be possessed. They cannot violate a person's free will.

I am not obsessed with demons. I am not interested in demons for their power. Like I said, I do not know if they are demons and it doesn't matter. I only refer to demons because that is what I am familiar with. Sure there are myths of other powerful beings but I am not exposed to that. There was a time when I was christian and learning about catholicism, which is why I even bring up "catholic demons" and use that for my question.

Before I learned about spirit keeping, I already had demon companions but that is unrelated and I'm not going to talk about that.

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Thread under review.

Return to “Black Arts”