new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
If I could be anything, I would be...: void

There are stories from exorcists of the Catholic Church where the demons are able to perform what I will call, "miracles." The demons can levitate people, objects. They give the possessed person super strength. They can make objects appear out of nowhere, create vomit made of nails. I was told by an exorcist that possession is incredibly rare because it takes a lot of energy. My question is: How do they get so much energy to manifest??? Where does that energy come from? Do they collect energy until they have enough to be able to possess someone? I wish I can help my little spirit companions manifest better.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

venusian_entity wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:10 pm There are stories from exorcists of the Catholic Church where the demons are able to perform what I will call, "miracles." The demons can levitate people, objects. They give the possessed person super strength. They can make objects appear out of nowhere, create vomit made of nails. I was told by an exorcist that possession is incredibly rare because it takes a lot of energy. My question is: How do they get so much energy to manifest??? Where does that energy come from? Do they collect energy until they have enough to be able to possess someone? I wish I can help my little spirit companions manifest better.
Hi

I think your spirits probably don't need any help with their abilities. You can invite them to demonstrate them if they wish.

On Catholic exorcisms, I'm not persuaded they in real life witness anything near what the film tropes portray.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Because certain Catholic exorcists like to lie.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

venusian_entity wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:10 pm There are stories from exorcists of the Catholic Church where the demons are able to perform what I will call, "miracles." The demons can levitate people, objects. They give the possessed person super strength. They can make objects appear out of nowhere, create vomit made of nails. I was told by an exorcist that possession is incredibly rare because it takes a lot of energy. My question is: How do they get so much energy to manifest??? Where does that energy come from? Do they collect energy until they have enough to be able to possess someone? I wish I can help my little spirit companions manifest better.
I would be cautious about stories from exorcists, especially if they are the ones sharing them. The true exorcist is focused on helping others rather than divulging details. When a person is possessed, it is the strength of the entity, not the person, that is at play. This can result in the person displaying exceptional strength compared to an average human. For instance, my Djinn has the ability to make objects appear or disappear out of nowhere, or send them into another realm. All the others here who can do that as well, not just him. Furthermore, such "miracles" can be performed by any spirits and entities, not exclusively demons.

Possession is not uncommon, and it only requires a small amount of energy, just a portion of an individual's energy. Everything surrounding us is infused with energy, and you also represent a source of energy.

It appears that your main question is about enhancing the manifestation of your spirit companions. To achieve this, focus on building a stronger bond and spending more quality time with them, rather than drawing comparisons with demons.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Tarvos wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:08 am
I would be cautious about stories from exorcists, especially if they are the ones sharing them. The true exorcist is focused on helping others rather than divulging details. When a person is possessed, it is the strength of the entity, not the person, that is at play. This can result in the person displaying exceptional strength compared to an average human. For instance, my Djinn has the ability to make objects appear or disappear out of nowhere, or send them into another realm. All the others here who can do that as well, not just him. Furthermore, such "miracles" can be performed by any spirits and entities, not exclusively demons.

Possession is not uncommon, and it only requires a small amount of energy, just a portion of an individual's energy. Everything surrounding us is infused with energy, and you also represent a source of energy.

It appears that your main question is about enhancing the manifestation of your spirit companions. To achieve this, focus on building a stronger bond and spending more quality time with them, rather than drawing comparisons with demons.
I agree with what Tarvos said.

Manifestations shouldn't be your goal, what's more important is creating, enjoying and strengthening your bond with your companions. Manifesting is their choice to make and happens on their terms, and it's certainly not comparable to what an exorcist claims.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
venusian_entity
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
If I could be anything, I would be...: void

Sorry for double post, I did not know where it was best to post this. I should have left out the last sentence. I am just curious about these Catholic "demons." I do not even know if they are demons but I am just going along with what the Catholics say for sake of my question. They only believe in angels, humans and demons anyway.

Most of the exorcists are not allowed to talk publicly about exorcism cases. They want people to focus on God, not demons. Now a few exorcists talk about it to raise awareness to the reality and help people stay safe. I go with the assumption they are not lying to try to keep people in the church.

Regular spirits manifest and perform their own miracles but the Catholic Church demons seem extra super powerful and I wonder how they get all that strength and power.
Last edited by venusian_entity on Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

So, there are two takes here. One is a standard Christian take and the other is a less-Christian take.

I was never a Catholic so I cannot speak for all the minutae of their beliefs but the standard Christian perspective is that any spirit which does not already reside in heaven, is not the Holy Spirit of God itself, and is not an angel sent by God himself runs counter to his plans. Therefore, it is in service to Satan whether willingly or not. People are welcome to give alternative perspectives on this here, but they are just that; alternatives. Stark minority views compared to what the general consensus of Christianity is across any significantly followed denomination.

The less (but not entirely non-) Christian take-

The names and ranks of certain demons are allegedly recorded in the Ars Goetia. It is based on certain writings purportedly by King Solomon which are not openly considered to be Biblical canon. They are of varying ranks, specialties, and levels of strength. Most have multiple legions of lesser demons serving under them. Generally (and I stress the word GENERALLY), when certain exorcists claim to have dispelled a particularly powerful demon they may be able to attribute it to one of these demons. Or they might not, because they didn't want to do their homework that far and just want to say they fought a big baddie.

I do think there are demons IN the Catholic church, but not the kind you'd exorcise. Any other "Catholic Church demons" depend ultimately on how much the person telling the story is willing to divulge before changing the topic.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

jdhthegr8 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:22 am I do think there are demons IN the Catholic church, but not the kind you'd exorcise. Any other "Catholic Church demons" depend ultimately on how much the person telling the story is willing to divulge before changing the topic.
Lol. Come now, lets be honest here. There are bad people in ALL religions, and that includes Christianity. Religion itself doesn't make a person bad, that's up to the individual.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:33 am Lol. Come now, lets be honest here. There are bad people in ALL religions, and that includes Christianity. Religion itself doesn't make a person bad, that's up to the individual.
Of course not. I'm a religious person myself, in a different sort. And I know good people who subscribe to Catholic theology. The organization of the Catholic church is something different.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

jdhthegr8 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:36 am
Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:33 am Lol. Come now, lets be honest here. There are bad people in ALL religions, and that includes Christianity. Religion itself doesn't make a person bad, that's up to the individual.
Of course not. I'm a religious person myself, in a different sort. And I know good people who subscribe to Catholic theology. The organization of the Catholic church is something different.
If you don't believe it's a common theme amongst all religious organizations, you're wearing blinkers.

Return to “Black Arts”