How does one help a human spirit to find peace and cross over?

Tips and tricks for connecting with human spirits.
Mynah Marie
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nayeli

Hey everyone,

So as the title says, I'm wondering if anyone has any guidance or resources I could check out about how to help a human spirit resolve their issues so that they can find peace and move on to the other side.

Here's the story. About 2 weeks ago, I was doing some shopping in the weekly Antiques marketplace in the town where I live. I'm a big fan of vintage and antique things, and I'm always on the lookout for objects that might have some attachments that I can bring home with me and work with :) That day, when I arraived at the market place, litterally the first thing I saw were 2 beautiful porcelain dolls dressed in kind of Victorian cloths... really gorgeous.

I took some time to look at them and see if I could sense something from them and I felt a strong pull to bring them home. I actually heard one of them tell me telepathically "please take me". One of them felt like it had very light and luminous energy, very fairy like, and the from other, the one that spoke to me telepathically, I felt something darker but not negative at all. Just more dark.

I asked the seller how much the doll was and he said he'd let them for 15 euros for BOTH (which I thought was crazy cheap) and so I didn't think twice and just said that I'm taking them. After agreeing to take them, I continued my round and right after found another small porcelain doll that strongly called to me, this time I felt it was more of a child fairy-like spirit, something tied to the woodlands.

So all that to say, there I was, all of a sudden bringing back potentially 3 new unknown spirits home.

I'd like to mention that this is quite unusual for me. Even though I "hunt" for attached spirits all the time, I rarely find any. Actually, this was the first time I was pretty convinced I actually did find spirited vessels... and ont just 1, but 3! This event coincided with adopting a Bronwyn angel from CH, and even though I hadn't received their vessel yet, I could feel the presence of my angel really strongly in the last days before purchasing the dolls. And I was also calling out for more fairy energy in my life... When I found the dolls, I had the strong intuition it was through the help and guidance of my Bronwyn.

So anyway, that being said, I now have the dolls with me for about 2 weeks and the bonding process is kind of slow... not very obvious but I'm working on it. One of them, I'm pretty sure is it's the darker one, seems to come through a lot more. The messages I'm getting from her is that it's the spirit of an elderly woman. She's in a lot of pain emotionally I think... I received the messages "help" and "I'm weak" quite a lot. Yesterday, while doing a session with her using cards, I received the strong message that what she wants is to be able to move on. She told me she would like to find peace. From what I understood, there's pain related to her home, family, and potentially a past lover or husband.

I told her I wanted to help her but I don't really know how. From what I understand, she doesn't want to stay in this plane of existence, even though I'm doing my best to make her and the others comfortable here. Does anyone know how to help spirits cross over? I don't know if she's religious and looking for help from a priest or something like that... I don't know how one gets the "authority" to help spirits cross over? It's the first time I'm in a situation with a spirit that is looking to move on and find peace.

Any advice or resources would be really appreciated...

Putting a picture here of those 3 lovelies because from what I understood, they love to be seen :) If anyone wants to share impressions or intuitions while looking at the picture, I'd love to hear it!

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I recommend the book, When Ghosts Speak by Mary Ann Wikowski. It covers the subject of earthbound spirits and helping them cross over.

Mynah Marie
new here
new here

ooohhh... thanks @Hazell ! I'll check it out right away :)

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I am constantly having spirits come to me for assistance transitioning into the afterlife. I'm sure there are some consistent, helpful guides out there that give one an idea of how to handle these scenarios, but from my experience - it's different every single time. These individuals have died in so many different ways and in the traditions I work with, they would be categorized as different types of 'dead' --not unheard of in various cultures, meant to be appeased or to be aided distinctly.

This is not to overwhelm you, but to suggest that if you can hear spirits and are able to communicate - which you seem to be - you should work with that. What you'd want to do is connect with the spirit/attachment, let them know they can show you things from their life or share their experiences and what is holding them back - encourage this, give them an outlet. The first thing they are looking for is an outlet, they want to be heard. Sometimes after just being heard and being able to express all of this fully to a living person, they are able to move on as it's a release for them. You will know if that's the case or if they require something more but it comes with deepening the connection, first.
To offer this kind of help, one can't be afraid of what they might experience. They want to share in their experience with you as in they want you to identify or empathize, which lightens the burden. Some things they want you to do, you might not be capable of or willing to do - such as contact a living relative of theirs, and you need to be able to uphold personal boundaries. There's a balance between sharing in their burden and not letting it take over your life because the aim is ultimately to get them to move on.

I want to add that sometimes it can seem you're dealing with a spirit unable to move on, but it's just a natural part of their transition - they could have passed on relatively recently or simply need more time to process, and part of that processing can come with the above suggestion of being able to connect with a living person about what's going on with them.
All spirit transitions happen at a different pace, time works differently on the spiritual plane, and usually they don't need to be helped to do the actual crossing-over, there are so many reapers and other psychopomps available for this work it is impossible they don't have some form of guide ready on the other side.
Of course it could be a case where you are in need of contacting the reapers, and inquiring about this or 'handing the spirit over' to them so she can be properly assigned, or you can assure that she's being seen by the one that is meant to move her on.

If you wanted to do this quickly you'd reach out to the reapers of the spiritual realm --do that if a spirit is overwhelming you or giving you trouble. If you feel she is opening up because she trusts you and simply wants to be heard as I've alluded to previously, then have her do that and it will lead to the same result of getting her where she needs to be.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Mynah Marie
new here
new here

This is amazing advice @Vipera aspis atra <3 There's a lot of things you said that really resonate with my situation. Actually, after writing my post, I had a session working with the pendulum and had a really amazing conversation with that spirit. I managed to start piecing some of her story together... And I feel that you're right, she does want to share her story and it seems to ease her to know that I'm doing my best to understand her and communicate. I haven't had the time to go fully in depth yet, but I'm hoping it will be as you say and that once I manage to hear her story fully, it will bring her some peace and she'll be able to find her way.

I don't think that she moved on recently, because all the images I'm getting are from an older period, if I had to guess I'd say maybe 1920s or 1930s... she seems to be showing me images of her when she was young, and it seems she passed when she was elderly already so maybe some time in the 70s or 80s... So let's see, hopefully it will be like you said, once I'm able to hear her story she'll be able to move on. For the time being, she's not bothering me, except that she seems to feed on my energy and it makes me extremely tired at times (I'm talking like sleeping for 2-3h in the middle of the day, which is very unlike me) but I countered that with a binding a have from CH which helps a lot. Then she disrupts my electronics quite a lot, but it seems that when I call her out on it she stops. Also there are doors opening at random and some unexplainable taps here and there but that's fine, I can deal with that :)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I can't better Vipera's master-level insight.

I just think it can be helpful to have a psychopomp of some sort, or reaper, as @Vipera aspis atra says, in a spirit family, who can cope with such spirits - at least for those of us, maybe like me, who prefer the quiet life. I've only quite recently relaxed my house rules, slightly, as regards unbound spirits.

I think I could otherwise potentially be overwhelmed by the numbers that might try to get in touch. (It has seemed like that at times.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Mynah Marie
new here
new here

Yes I can understand the feeling of getting overwhelmed @Lewk ... I think that in a sense, I'm a bit protected from that because I don't live in a city and my house is kind of isolated... So at least I don't have this feeling of being overcrowded by people who each carry their own spirt attachments. Also, I have some pretty active protectors who don't tolerate any malicious unbounds to bother me, which I'm really grateful for... The idea of maybe adopting a psychopomp or reaper type of spirit is interesting, I haven't thought of it before but I'll definitely look into it :)

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I'd like to sign up for Vipera's fan club. Where do I find the forms? She puts in the effort to provide a comprehensive response filled with valuable insights each time. It's humbling to admit that my four lengthy sentences I scrapped at work were no match for her eloquence. In fact, my draft response only captured a fraction of what she shared.

Regarding the topic at hand, I wholeheartedly agree that setting boundaries and having a clear intention is crucial when working with this spirit. While it's commendable to offer assistance, it's important to recognize when to step back and prioritize your own well-being. After all, a spirit's emotions can easily seep into our own reality.

Furthermore, I concur that each spirit operates at their own pace. In my experience, the entities in my Keep have encountered human spirits who took over 100+ years to find peace. Therefore, even after hearing her entire story and providing support, it's vital to acknowledge and respect her individual timeline.

I actually think you should establish house rules not just for her but for all spirits and entities you have. For instance, a spirit shouldn't feed on your energy. Personally, my Psy Vampires have never fed on me.

Calling upon Angels, and Archangels such as Archangel Azrael, can provide assistance and surround you with loving and protective energy. The Archangel is great in facilitating the deceased's transition.

Another approach is to address her fear, anger, and guilt, which might be preventing her from crossing over. By offering understanding, empathy, and reassurance, you can perhaps help her move past her emotional barriers and find peace.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

You're too charming, Tarvos. I thank Lewk and yourself for your votes of confidence in my reply.

Seeing your response Mynah, I'd like to reinforce what Tarvos has added on the energy-feeding. I sometimes permit the spirits around me to do so and with purpose - as in it will benefit us both ultimately, but they shouldn't be doing that otherwise and you may want to communicate that as you proceed. There are other ways a spirit can get energy if she needs it, to communicate effectively. Maybe you will want to set up an alternative energy-source or suggest her an alternate source she can take energy from instead. That concerned me a bit to read, even if this is a completely well-meaning spirit --they don't always understand what they're doing or how it would impact you.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Mynah Marie
new here
new here

@Vipera aspis atra and @Tarvos thank you both for your concern and feedback. It's true, I do set house rules with my spirits but I admit they are usually pretty loose... Never thought of setting a "don't feed on my energy" rule before. I guess the only times I had problems with that is with low-level parasite entities and I usually quickly and firmly send those away when I detect them.

It's all a big learning experience for me, since it's the first time I offer my help to a ghost instead of simply asking them to leave. I had the ability to sense spirits, see ghosts and interact with them since I'm a kid, but for many years this terrified me. It's only been 1-2 years that I have enough courage to actively work with spirits and even less that I'm comfortable having ghosts manifest in my house... hahah... So I'm learning :)

But it's true, I shouldn't let her feed on my energy. I'll make that as clear as possible and hopefully she will stop. I wish I had the time to do an extensive session with her in the next few days but it so happens that I'm completely overloaded with work and probably won't be able to give her sufficient attention before next week... So right now I keep telling her to be patient and that I'll help as soon as I can once I'm done with my living human commitments.

I'll update on the situation if I make any progress... <3

Return to “Connecting With Human Spirits”