WitheredWillow
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5

So I have this problem where I constantly project my thoughts out loud. I will be sitting next to my sleeping mother and even she can hear my thoughts. The issue is that my spirits have hear my contemplations, my ruminations, and other things that I thought were private to me. Is there a spell to stop this? Do not recommend visualizing things as I do not work well with that type of magic. I prefer physical things. It's also hard to train myself not to think like this since it's the only way that I think and it could potentially take years to stop.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

WitheredWillow wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:19 am So I have this problem where I constantly project my thoughts out loud. I will be sitting next to my sleeping mother and even she can hear my thoughts. The issue is that my spirits have hear my contemplations, my ruminations, and other things that I thought were private to me. Is there a spell to stop this? Do not recommend visualizing things as I do not work well with that type of magic. I prefer physical things. It's also hard to train myself not to think like this since it's the only way that I think and it could potentially take years to stop.
They could read your thoughts even if you were not projecting them.
So in case you somehow stop sending them out, you would have to put up house rules for not reading your mind when not projecting.

There isn't really a spell to stop it, you could try one of the tuners from CH that might be able to tune down what you're doing or you learn how to make a spell yourself.
A spell is also not really a physical thing, tbh, even if it might be attached to a physical item.

In any case, I'd suggest just living with it. I mean the spirits came into your life knowing who you are and what you'd think, they would be prepared for that already. Can't really be that bad since your mom apparently hears them too.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Osean
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

I agree with Aprophis. As far as your mom is concerned perhaps she has a strong gift in Telepathy and she is unknowingly tapping into that in her sleep.

WitheredWillow
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5

I wouldn't be posting here if it wasn't an issue. They said that something that I had thought had upset them and it was something that wasn't meant for them to hear. Also wouldn't talismans, sigils, and gris gris classify as physical spells? Either way I would like a spell that has a physical representative and I'm not sure if the tuner spell would help any. If anything it seems as if the spell would stop my spirits from being able to reply to me rather than them not hearing me.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

WitheredWillow wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:43 pm I wouldn't be posting here if it wasn't an issue. They said that something that I had thought had upset them and it was something that wasn't meant for them to hear. Also wouldn't talismans, sigils, and gris gris classify as physical spells? Either way I would like a spell that has a physical representative and I'm not sure if the tuner spell would help any. If anything it seems as if the spell would stop my spirits from being able to reply to me rather than them not hearing me.
They would classify as magical items/tools, not as spells. Spells are spells, talismans are talismans and sigils are sigils. You can also call them magicals. As they always say, spell comes from spelling.

Depending on the tuner, it probably would tune down both directions instead of just outgoing, so there is that. I really haven't looked through all of them myself.

Also are you sure it was them who said that and not some subconscious fear manifesting?

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

WitheredWillow wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:19 am So I have this problem where I constantly project my thoughts out loud. I will be sitting next to my sleeping mother and even she can hear my thoughts. The issue is that my spirits have hear my contemplations, my ruminations, and other things that I thought were private to me. Is there a spell to stop this? Do not recommend visualizing things as I do not work well with that type of magic. I prefer physical things. It's also hard to train myself not to think like this since it's the only way that I think and it could potentially take years to stop.
@Aprophis's comments are wise - as usual.

I think there's another possible explanation as to why it seems like an issue with your spirits, which is worth considering.

In the CH Great Dark Arts Guidance book ASH says our spirits are usually happy with what we're happy with and uncomfortable with what we're uncomfortable with. If it's a worry for us it can be a worry for them.

With that in mind, they may not be personally offended or upset. With another keeper the same spirits may be totally unconcerned about the same issue. So in that sense it's not objectively a problem - if you see what I mean - but it's a problem for them and you. (I have no way of knowing if this fits your situation but thought it worth mentioning.)

Another thing to throw into the mix is the CH advice to us keepers to take it easy, give ourselves some credit and we may find things proceed more smoothly. It would be wrong for me to suggest that you ignore anything that's important or in any way distressing to you. But, if any part of the situation involves you worrying on behalf of your spirits, maybe you can try relaxing, giving yourself more credit and - as has been said - take comfort from the fact that they do know what they're getting into before they come to us. I know that seems hard to get our heads round but they really do. And they've made a firm commitment before we even meet them too.

Their main concern is to help us. Honoring and respecting them, being very considerate of them, is exactly the right kind of basis for a good keeper-spirit relationship but trust over worry is always the right way to go too.

I have the CH tuner for empaths and have found it makes me less mentally/psychically noisy. There's also the Access Denied & Rendered Impotent spells that would harmlessly stop your mother reading your thoughts on a paranormal level. You can also train your thoughts and energies to not reach out or send out so widely. You could invite your spirits' help with that. One foot in the door method for that is to mask the aura to 3 feet.

It may take time to achieve that. I've been spiritually/ psychically/magically active for 40-50 years now. It's taken me most of the last 4-5 years to get somewhere noticeably better/'quieter'.

For someone who has been paranormally active for less time, it might go proportionally more quickly.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “General Questions”