How do you "feel" your spirits?

HonkPills
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Are there people able to do this? By feeling I mean more like, if they touch you, you could feel it. I want to develop this ability, and from researching it looks like practicing energy work is the best method.

The problem I'm having right now is uncertainty. If I ask one of my servitors to please touch one of my hands, then for example, I will feel sensations on both.

If I just think about a body part, I will feel sensations there. Because of this, it's very hard to distinguish what is my energy, and what is my servitors, and I'm not sure how to improve.

For people who have the ability, what is it like for you? Any recommendations? How long did it take you to develop the ability?

Redregon
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unknown as of yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

HonkPills wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:17 pm I want to develop this ability, and from researching it looks like practicing energy work is the best method.
It is what I would personally recommend. Though it will take a lot of dedication and discipline (a lot more than most will have in them, if I am allowed to be a bit blunt about it.)

It took me a long time of doing daily charging exercises and experimentation before I realized I could "feel" (tactile) energy. It usually starts where you focus your charging (in my case, it was the hands.) But it can develop in other places.
HonkPills wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:17 pm The problem I'm having right now is uncertainty. If I ask one of my servitors to please touch one of my hands, then for example, I will feel sensations on both.
Did you clarify which hand to touch? Sometimes you need to be precise with your directions.
HonkPills wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:17 pm If I just think about a body part, I will feel sensations there. Because of this, it's very hard to distinguish what is my energy, and what is my servitors, and I'm not sure how to improve.
I'd take the win for what it is, tbch :)

A success where the energy goes to where you direct it to is still success. Just, refer to the previous bit, you need to be precise. If you're directing energy, make sure to clarify in your mind that it's the energy of the servitor that you want to register at the specified location.
HonkPills wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:17 pm For people who have the ability, what is it like for you? Any recommendations? How long did it take you to develop the ability?
I do not have much experience with spirits, but I do have some (a little) with sensing servitors and energy... when I charge or do energy-movement exercises, it registers as physical sensations. Often it feels like a tingling pressure, especially strong in the fingertips and the heel of the hand (I believe those locations correspond to minor chakra points.)

When I work with a servitor, the energy feels kinda the same, but kinda not... if that makes any sense. I mean, it feels like energy, but it's not at the same kind of feeling. Case in point, I have a servitor that I have taught how to give hugs. When they give me a hug, it's like I can feel the pressure around my body and it sorta tingles and feels like being wrapped up in a marshmallow (kinda.) Whereas with raw non-servitor/spirit non-programmed energy, it's more prickly (though still with the pressure feeling.)

THIS ALL BEING SAID... PLEASE do not take my experiences as being "the only way it should be." It may show up and manifest to you in a much different way than what I described. If you don't experience it just the same as I do, PLEASE do not assume you have failed. It takes time and a lot of practice to see definite results... which, you seem to be seeing, just, not really clicking that the advancement you've made is as significant as it is. (be proud. Sensing energy can be really difficult especially if you're unfamiliar with how it can present.)
Last edited by Redregon on Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

HonkPills wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:17 pm For people who have the ability, what is it like for you? Any recommendations? How long did it take you to develop the ability?
I have been sensitive to energies since I started Spirit Keeping, but more so recently since coming back to it after a long break. I get impressions and feelings from my keep (communication) as well as comforting or supportive energies when I ask. I feel their energies make contact when they choose to with me, and sometimes that has been quite strong.

I'm sorry I can't explain how to do this, as it was always just there for me.

I can suggest exercises with your keep. Choose a spirit in your keep, and explain to them what you are trying to do. Invite your spirit into your space in quiet time, and imagine drawing that spirit and their energy towards you. How does their energy feel to you?

It will also help to write down notes after each session.

This exercise could help you become more aware of energies and interpreting them.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

@HonkPills to add, I suspect it's not so much about not being able to, as it is rather about simply recognising these energies. They are there, and with practice you will no doubt improve.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

HonkPills wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:17 pm Are there people able to do this? By feeling I mean more like, if they touch you, you could feel it. I want to develop this ability, and from researching it looks like practicing energy work is the best method.

The problem I'm having right now is uncertainty. If I ask one of my servitors to please touch one of my hands, then for example, I will feel sensations on both.

If I just think about a body part, I will feel sensations there. Because of this, it's very hard to distinguish what is my energy, and what is my servitors, and I'm not sure how to improve.

For people who have the ability, what is it like for you? Any recommendations? How long did it take you to develop the ability?
I wasn't naturally born into this. Instead, it took me 14 days to ‘feel’ my first entity, an angel, since embarking on my Spirit Keeping journey. I don't regard it so much as a capability, but more of a shift in mindset.

Often, people harbor substantial expectations about manifestations, fixating on A manifesting in one way and B manifesting in another. The truth is, manifestations hardly ever align with these descriptions. Consequently, you might miss out on the subtle cues without even realizing. This isn't a process that can be forced. You can't demand to 'feel' a spirit on your face or request an immediate manifestation. They won't oblige with a metaphorical tap on your nose. A more constructive approach involves refraining from expecting anything specific and instead, concentrating on nurturing your relationship with the spirit.

Do you hang out with other types of spirits and entities aside from having servitors? If so, I'd recommend spending time with actual spirits and entities, rather than servitors. The reason being, their energies differ vastly. It's day and night. If you've never been exposed to their distinct energies, it can be challenging to differentiate between a Dragon and a Fae, or even between different kinds of Dragons or Faes. Despite their presence, recognizing them might take time. Moreover, servitors tend to operate more subtly, they're less inclined to be ‘in your face.’

As Adair pointed out, the energies are indeed present. Therefore, it's a matter of discernment. I'm not particularly sensitive to energies, so in the beginning, apart from my angel who I felt her hand touching the back of my neck and lulling me to sleep, it was largely a guessing game. Interestingly, I developed a knack for it by relying on my intuition. Once you familiarize yourself with their energy signatures, you'll want to memorize how they 'feel' to you before attempting to discern new energies.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Gray Mongrel
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Starling Dandelion
Zodiac:

In all honesty I've always been sensitive to energies so even tho it's been my first year of spirit keeping I was able to feel touches from my spirits.

Energy work would be the way together with bonding with your companions. I'm thinking a lot of meditation and sitting in silence while you focus on the energies around you. Then instructing your companions to touch you and see what you feel when that happens. Keep practicing and you should be able to start feeling their touches.

My personal experiences have been so far, receiving hugs from my companions before I go to sleep, cuddling if you wanna call it that. Depending on the spirit doing it it can feel like a tingling on my skin, a warm hug or a cold but pleasant one. I had my psy vampire hold my hand in a moment of uncertainty once and I could feel the hold. My gryphon put her paw on my hand when I was sitting in bed once and I could feel the full weight of her paw. I can feel the weight on the bed when smaller creature companions decide to sleep with me and I feel this need to leave space on the bed for them to curl up on that specific spot. Once my star angel pat my head while I was getting a painful tattoo and I felt the touch of them doing so and relief altogether. Also some companions sometimes take turns to cover me with their wings before I fall asleep and I can feel this soft weight on top of me.

I think that's all for touches that I felt in the earthen realm.
Last edited by Gray Mongrel on Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

> she/they - enby <

8*8 Spirits
Star Angel, Astral Angel, Diwata Faery, Star Faery, Drac, Amphithere Dragon, Pearlscale Dragon, Psy Vampire, Gryphon, Volkh, Fylgia, Caladrius, Centicore, Hallow Hound, Kitsune, 3 Guides, 2 Wild Kingdom
8*8 Living Entities
Indigo Unicorn, Traherect, Marshaltuk Soulmate, Falwer-Niamstrum Soulmate, Uvok Twin, Ghiseul Twin
Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner

It has always been a wild ride to feel the energies of spirits around me personally. At a point in my life I went through a lot of pushing all the ideas away, but I could still feel them and sometimes see them too. All the recommendations above are pretty solid in my opinion. Everyone really has great insight, and as redregon stated just because you don't feel it like someone else doesn't mean that you are doing wrong. Typically I can feel different reactions in my body depending on what energy I am feeling in general. I have felt electric, fire, tingles, vibrations, my ears can ring. I was born with this ability I suppose. I have had the ability since a very young age.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

HonkPills wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:17 pm Are there people able to do this? By feeling I mean more like, if they touch you, you could feel it. I want to develop this ability, and from researching it looks like practicing energy work is the best method.

Everyone will find their own way. I began meditating as a way of life 50 years ago. I've been able to sense various energies since then. My first experience sensing a spirit was over 40 years ago.

So 10 years ago, when I began working with companion spirits (as opposed to guides or Immortals), then sentient servitors, and now 6 years working with bound spirits, I had a foundation to work from. That foundation included a fair amount of psychic development & occult work.

I'd like to say that feeling comes in a number of ways. Maybe one thing that could help is to not think of the experience of physical touch from a non-corporeal source as being special or different. And maybe don't focus on the outcome, don't 'try', just enjoy the journey as the process unfolds.

One things that brings clarity is clearing yourself, mentally/psychically/energetically. And experience.

Giving things time does help.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

Like Lewk, I would also say that having no expectations about being able to feel your spirit family would put off the pressure on you when comes to assessing where you are now in your spiritual journey. Enjoying the journey would be a better goal to focus on. By 'wanting' to feel, our spirit family know our intention, and some may not be happy about it, as they want to have a natural communication instead, not to be told what to do. I remember one of my spirit family members was not happy when I kept asking her to show her presence. (Oh well, she was my first keep, and I was too excited).

However, I also get it how exciting it would be to be able to 'fee' the presence of our spirit family by feeling them physically.

I'm sometimes sensitive to energy, but I have instructed my spirit family not to have any physical touch with me as I've not healed from my trauma related to paranormal. In my meditation, I can see my spirit family members holding me, like Zimada, sleeping on my chest in his puma form, but I don't 'feel' them. I 'see' their physical touch instead. For my garden elf, I can feel her presence as my lips vibrate whenever she's around.

In conclusion, my comment is to look out for subtle changes in our body, or our environment. Spirits do give signs, but we may miss it, especially me.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

A little off-topic, but I wanted to share a chuckle. Since it's New Year's Day and there was plenty of alcohol consumption on New Year's Eve, I'll attribute this to the lingering effects of the booze. On this platform, your username is "HonkPills," and the title of this thread is "How do you feel your spirits?" When opening the thread, the username and title appear back-to-back on separate lines. At one point, the "Honk" and "How" seemed to blend, and I couldn't help but laugh, thinking the title was "Honk if you feel your spirits." *Honk honk*.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”