Ifrit djinn

seralee
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7

I had heard that Ifrit djinn are darker and hard to connect with at first. Do you find that to be true?

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

seralee wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:01 am I had heard that Ifrit djinn are darker and hard to connect with at first. Do you find that to be true?
Post made into topic. Create your own topic instead of posting your question on other people's topic. Every post should be on topic.

seralee
new here
new here

CH Moderator wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:48 am
seralee wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:01 am I had heard that Ifrit djinn are darker and hard to connect with at first. Do you find that to be true?
Post made into topic. Create your own topic instead of posting your question on other people's topic. Every post should be on topic.
Oh noted. I'm new here and still learning all the forum rules. Thank you for letting me know

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

(I don't have an Ifrit.)

Have you seen the info on Ifrit Djinn in the Creepy Hollows Shop and Encyclopedia?

It does say they are on the darker side and can be moody, and require their keeper to lay down the law at times - but there's nothing there about being difficult to connect with at first.

I suppose that really depends on whether a person has difficulty connecting with spirits.

One thing that has been advised in Creepy Hollows materials that I have read, such as the DA book, is that we should not as a rule (and a matter of principle) keep spirits that are darker than we are. If we choose to do that we are more likely to experience unpleasant acclimation symptoms. And we may find the effect of a spirit that's darker than we are more pronounced, in terms of feeling and thinking 'darker' than we would normally. So for some keepers connecting with a much darker spirit may be difficult in those ways.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
seralee
new here
new here

Thanks, I don't think I'm ready for a djinn.

How does one determine where they are on the light to dark scale?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

seralee wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:50 pm Thanks, I don't think I'm ready for a djinn.

How does one determine where they are on the light to dark scale?
Ultimately, via information from the conjurer / seller.

If it is a preconjure, information about the spirit in the listing may touch on that. Or information on each kind of Djinn may give a clue (as the CH Encyclopedia entry on Ifrits does). Or you can ask a seller before placing an order.

I have several Djinn. A couple were described by the seller as being either grey or light natured. But, as far as I can tell, not all individuals within any one type of Djinn are of exactly the same nature.

Also, with CH custom conjuring tends to match a spirit to the keeper (which apparently reduces energy mismatch, in terms of darkness).

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Djinn / Genie”