Interruptions while exiting?

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0

Hi there!

So, I don't have much experience in the Astral. I'd say I had more years ago and am just trying to find my legs again, as I lost touch with it. That being said, I'm still a newbie to it all.

Anyway, last couple of days I have left my body without having even really tried or a part of me would flop out and I'd work on moving 'out', albeit it feeling stuck or struggling. It did improve the second day, but then I suffered blindness as I focused intention on navigating elsewhere.
Every time I did this in all 3 sessions, I was interrupted by a being or energy that takes on the appearance of someone I know (unless it is the essence of them?), and they often come in to start talking to me. I find it disruptive while I'm trying to exit and very distracting, so I tend to ignore them because I've been wanting to AP again for a long while.

I'm usually lucid enough to know that I'm having an experience in AP'ing and that I'm laying in bed, but not lucid enough to discern the reality of that person really being there or not; as in, I won't question why they or there, how they got there, or how/why that situation even came to be. I just seem to accept it as reality and try to ignore it all the same so I can do my thing.

Those 3 sessions aside, I did have another similar to it, but was far less less lucid in the fact that I thought I was actually engaging with someone I know while laying there in bed. They came in to talk with me twice, though I wasn't out of my body or having those same experiences with this one. Then it morphed to interactions that felt like I was with my keep (similar to what happened in the final session of the 3 I am mentioning here).

I guess.. what I'm asking here.. is this: Does anyone know what this phenomena is? Are there actual beings trying to disrupt? If so, could these be of any intention? Any ideas as to what could be going on there? It's kind of.. really annoying.... :p)

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Could it be one of your lifetime spirit guides?

In any case we can ask them to look after us while we're in the astral / out of our body.

I guess it'd help if you'd met them before.

Last thought: in my experience sometimes some spirits seem to find it easier to establish contact with us by taking on the appearance of someone we know or have been thinking about.

One option could be to ask our spirit companions and lifetime spirit guides (as I call them) to use their actual appearance, if it's them. Another is to task our protection spirits to block malicious or harmful beings when we're out of body and to help us understand what's going on if we encounter an unknown and non-harmful one.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

A couple of thoughts: Do you have in your House Rules anything about keeping out malicious unbounds? If yes, then this means that this being has been approved by your keep. Otherwise they would have kicked them out. If you don't have this as a rule, do so IMMEDIATELY!!

Ask you keep about them. You can use simple yes or no questions: Are they going to harm me? Do they want to help me? Are they that person who wants to have a long drawn out conversation when you're in a rush?

Assuming the spirit is not malevolent, listen to it and see what it has to say. It may have helpful information for you, or it may need your help with something. Ignoring it may not make it go away.

That's what I've got for now.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte

Thank you both for all of your advice, @stormdancer and @Lewk ! I will take these things in to consideration and look more in to it with that perspective in mind.

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Lom'ae wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:49 am Thank you both for all of your advice, @stormdancer and @Lewk ! I will take these things in to consideration and look more in to it with that perspective in mind.
My pleasure. That's why it's a good idea to ask for advice/opinions. It can make us stop, think, and see things from a different perspective. I'm glad it helped snap you out of your annoyance.

I mention that for anyone else who is reading this, and also to remind myself.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”