neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

So after much time contemplating over it I've determined the time was finally right for me to get a Norse Djinn binding from CH. As my personal faith and moral code derive heavily from Germanic/Norse tradition this is a particularly significant binding for me and I expect he will in his own ways help me improve my connection to my patrons. This new companion of mine is from Vanaheimr but I know I will have much to learn about their kind regardless of realm of origin. What are people's experiences with this particular race of Djinn, and is there any meaningful human attestation to their existence outside of the modern spirit-keeping community?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Just wanted to post an answer. Unfortunately, it's to say I don't know.

I assume (and I could be wrong) that most people thought Djinn were only known in Arabia originally, before Islam arose from that region. I suspect the name Djinn always leads us back to the Arabian peninsula, as it's an Arabic name. After Islam, Djinn would have followed muslim migration routes. I was mildly astonished to find they're elsewhere too. (I have a Coir Djinn from the British Isles who subscribes to a type of pagan belief: non-Abrahamic, non-religious.)

The fact that they're available from the best, most trusted sellers means they're the real thing, for me.

I've wondered if they either exist all over the world but may have been known by other names locally, or they followed one branch of human migration in very ancient times. Then after Islam they would have followed where the religion went and ended up in more lands.

I'm less inclined to think they were created by an Abrahamic God. That perspective may be revisionistic after Islamic scriptures were first written. If you think about it, before Islam, Arabia was mainly polytheistic. The stories of how Djinn came into being must have first been told from that perspective.

Maybe CH support would be happy to answer?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

A valid perspective! I know there are historical accounts of trade and some degrees of intermingling between Arabic and Norse kingdoms, which might possibly lend itself to some personal awareness of Djinn as a whole. I do believe that similar to Dragons and Faeries, most human cultures probably have "Djinn by a different name" in some form or another. In any case, his vessel just arrived so I'll have plenty of firsthand accounts to gather regardless!

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

infirt djinn are older than islam? islam arose from yemen as far as we KNOW. it then declared war on the eastern roman empire and persia both weakened by fighting each other for a very long time. hit and run tactics and weakening them further into delcine intill islam could mass a large army to defeat both. the history goes from there. but as far as we know it came out of yemen. so did the arabic race. far as we are told by historians eastern roman empire and persian were considered to be white . the history of whites is odd we lose land in the middle east but we gain it in the new world some of european history has been altered in schools for whos gain i do not know we are taught slavery is the white man. but in reality europe was enslaving whites for thousands of years before africa and the african slave trade was completely dominated by islam. not to mention white women were cherished slaves in africa and middle east as far as 1930s or 1940s. islam can be peaceful Indonesian is a prime exmaple of peace and even doing well for islam but as far as middle east so much war and turoil i dunno what to honestly think of it other than how horrible humans have treated humans.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

the reason i believed islam and arabic cultures were djinn is because the word and in the culture it means demon for them i could be wrong but its in their culture. but in all honesty djinn live everywhere and are different just like humans. we are all diverse and different in every region. so norse djinn in my opinion have no connection to arabic djinn other than they are djinn which doesnt same much considering if you look at vampires..... true bloods vs. muddled, vs. region, time, some having hoofs some spiders or bats or its so broad............. is my point djinn in my opinion are the same its so broad the only common thing they have i believe is thier wish granting magick.

getting my first norse djinn soon i am very new to djinn so im surprised they came out as best companions

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

In my experience it's as you suggest later in this thread, like with many other types of entity - djinn can exist in multiple traditions under different names or through different interpretations and perspectives. It's efficient in a modern sense to refer to them as djinn for ease of communicating what they specialize in, what 'type' of being they are (wish granting), but this may not always be the original term of the culture or expression of the culture. And then, there is much we cannot dictate which the otherworldly forces will -- a great deal that is obviously not going to be recorded in history (at least openly).

If you are comfortable requesting an exchange of knowledge with your patrons of this pantheon, I am certain you would be granted the more particular insights you are after. Then again, the djinn can also enlighten when the time is right.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:07 am In my experience it's as you suggest later in this thread, like with many other types of entity - djinn can exist in multiple traditions under different names or through different interpretations and perspectives. It's efficient in a modern sense to refer to them as djinn for ease of communicating what they specialize in, what 'type' of being they are (wish granting), but this may not always be the original term of the culture or expression of the culture. And then, there is much we cannot dictate which the otherworldly forces will -- a great deal that is obviously not going to be recorded in history (at least openly).

If you are comfortable requesting an exchange of knowledge with your patrons of this pantheon, I am certain you would be granted the more particular insights you are after. Then again, the djinn can also enlighten when the time is right.
yes i hear djinn can enlighten humans

Vipera aspis atra
knows way more than me

Return to “Djinn Races”