Limbs moving after waking up. Is this possession?

HonkPills
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I'm very much so not an experienced keeper at all, even after all this time I cannot feel or really communicate with my friends, but one thing I want to eventually work up to, once I get past those barriers, is hosting or body possession. My spirits know this, and some servitors were built with this in mind. Most of my spirit friends are servitors, but I also have a large group of dragons.

Even though I can't hear them back, I try to communicate by holding the main vessel and just thinking. This time, In the morning, I was a bit sad about my lack of progress and some other things in my life, and vented to my spirits a bit. I then took a nap.

When I woke up, my arm was seemingly moving on its own. It did some elaborate movement for about 3 seconds, then just stopped. I was flabbergasted and asked if it could be one of my spirits. I didn't really believe that it was me on my own, because I tried to replicate it with the same hand, but it was no where near as flawless as it was.

To test further, I communicated with them again, and told them, once I wake up again, to make a certain gesture with my hand, so I know which spirit exactly is doing this. I set different gestures for each spirit to know who it would be.

And then I slept, and woke up again. This time, my whole upper body shifted, and my hand made a gesture of one particular servitor. Once again it was only about 3 seconds before ending.

Excited, I tried one more experiment, this time asking the spirit to please control my voice, perhaps saying their name as I wake. However, this experiment produced no results. I'm chalking that one up to probably being a bit more difficult than just moving a limb.

So... what's happening here exactly? Would this be classified as some sort of possession? I'm really excited and I want to work with this further, but i'm not exactly sure why it happens for only for a short duration, or only directly after I wake up. I know that I was fully awake, so I don't think that it could be something like a hypnagogic state. I want to first begin by lengthening the duration, but have no idea where to begin.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I know some types of spirit are well known for 'possessing' celebrants in traditional rites, in a non-threatening way - although I understand safety measures need to be taken. (eg Loa.) Then there's 'inhabiting', which some CH spirits can do. And 'merging', which I think may occur more with some types of sexual spirit, or in some approaches to sexual liaison with spirits.

I hope my comments are useful. I'm going to argue two conflicting perspectives: pro and con. ie What you experienced may have been what you hope for - or it may not have been. I hope my reasoning is at least of interest.

Con

I don't myself aim for loss of control/possession from my spirits.

That's possibly in part because I know the same effects can be achieved by one's own mental / psychological processes. Our psychosomatic 'processes', for want of a better term, can produce all kinds of effects that may seem like possession etc. There are psychological conditions that produce physical conditions. One is called conversion disorder, in which someone may collapse and have a fit. In the olden days that may have looked like they were possessed by an evil spirit. It tends to be someone who has been though a traumatic experience. They'll have no idea it's not medically/scientifically speaking a physical medical condition but is in fact a psychological one.

Hypnosis can trigger similar effects. When someone is cooperating with a hypnotist who suggests they can't lower their arm, for example, they genuinely can't voluntarily do so. They can be hypnotised to speak in tongues and indeed I think many examples of speaking in tongues in Christian churches are due to the same suggestibility / psychological circuits being engaged.

A similar thing can happen with psychosomatic marks on the body.

And in my experience we can exploit these natural systems ourselves to good effect. Positive thinking kind of methods.

Pro

Of course, as spirit keepers we know that malicious beings can attack us. That form of possession can be real, although it's apparently comparatively rare.

I suspect that when we allow our bound spirit friends in close we may well trigger our own physical and mental processes - the ones that I call psychosomatic - and if they do affect us physically it's through a combination of their influence plus, or via, our own psychosomatic processes.

tl/dr: So maybe your spirit or servitor did interact with you and trigger a physical response. In my opinion and experience this can also be produced entirely by our own mind. It's no easy thing for any of us Forum members to know for sure. What's your gut feeling about this?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Mediums, although there's various types, and only one type that allows themselves physically moved and interact with spirits, where we can fit the word possession, can happen to someone.

But all mediums are psychic. So that is not you, since you mentioned that you can't communicate with your spirits. Maybe something else you need to look into for answers. I don't want to experience or ever want to be possessed by any types of beings that way and I have protection against it.

Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

Oh I love it when my friends and partners interact with me it’s so wonderful, the others both said fairly different things so I’ll just say my experiences. I would say yes in general beings or spirits could move you whether that’s interacting with your physical body to kinda get you to move for them or to actually move you. I think both of those are possible first might be more common, I think somthing like the merging idea that Lewk said plays into this.

As for me, my beings and spirits can move me, pull me, lift me up and in some cases even kinda make me float, I only had two experiences where I was completely lifted off the ground, these times they both physically manifested or appeared to physically manifest. I also can allow “possession” I prefer to call it channeling but there is different levels, first level would be we are both kind of in control at the same time but the spirit / being / deity mostly just uses my mouth to talk and we switch back and forth. Second type is when I just sit back, I can take control but I just let the being, spirit or deity do whatever it is we planned to do, mostly this is during rituals, rites and some well uh “lewd experiences” and the last type I really only do with beings or deities I trust and it’s when I completely black out and they have full control, sometimes it happens due to trauma / ptsd triggers and I’m left vulnerable so my friends take control or my wifey wants to ask a private question and I give them permission to fully possess me.

oh @ASTER what is the term for that type of medium you were talking about ? Just curious

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

@Satella In nutshell I do the mental type of mediumship without the need of meditation or anything. I just write and chat with clairvoyant images and telepathically.

I picked this link because it’s simple and on topic. https://www.eomega.org/article/what-is-a-medium

One of the most common questions I am asked is what is the difference between a medium and a psychic. The term “psychic” is often used as a catchall phrase for anyone who works in the paranormal. We know what our five senses are—sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell. But we have another sense that is equally as real as the other five. Often referred to as our sixth sense, psychic ability, or our intuition, this is the gut feeling or hunch you have that you cannot logically explain. Everyone is psychic to some degree or another, but not everyone is a medium.

A medium is a psychic who has fine-tuned his or her extrasensory perception and can interface with the spirits in other dimensions. They are able to feel and/or hear thoughts, voices, or mental impressions from the spirit world. A medium is able to become completely receptive to the higher frequency or energies on which spirit people vibrate.

Mediumship is much more involved than psychicism because a medium is opening him/herself to a discarnate energy. Mediumship itself can be broken down into two distinct categories. The first and most common type is mental mediumship, which is how I work with my abilities. I communicate with spirits while fully conscious. As the word mental denotes, this form of mediumship utilizes the mind—the intuitive mind, not the rational or logical part. This type of mental mediumship falls into several distinct types which are described as:

Clairsentience (clear feeling): Able to perceive information by way of emphatic feelings and emotions from spirit

Clairvoyant (clear vision): Able to see with the mind’s eye objects, colors, symbols, people, spirits, or scenes (these pictures are not visible to the naked eye and usually flash into the medium’s mind)

Clairaudient (clear hearing): Able to perceive sounds or words from sources broadcasting from a spiritual realm

Clairempathy (clear emotion): Able to sense or "feel" within oneself the attitude or emotions of another person

Clairgustance (clear tasting): Able to discern the essence of a substance through taste from spirit

Clairscent (clear smelling): Able to smell a fragrance or odor coming from the spirit

Clairtangency (clear touching): Able to perceive information about an article or its owner or history by holding an object or by touching someone or something (this ability is commonly known as psychometry)

In my work, I most often utilize the abilities of clairsentience and clairvoyance. In order to attune to the thoughts and feelings of spirit, I raise my vibrations higher through meditation and, in turn, spirit has to lower its vibrations somewhat.

The second type of mediumship is physical mediumship and it differs from mental mediumship. In physical mediumship, the actual physical body is used to obtain information from spirit. In mental mediumship, only the mind of the medium is utilized. Channeling is a well-known form of physical mediumship. A trance medium (someone who goes into a trance state to relay messages from the other side) is another type of physical medium.

Certain individuals are more prone to mediumship than others. Usually they must develop natural psychic abilities and mediumship skills over a period of time.

blitzwolfe7
new here
new here
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 13
Your favorite spirit to work with: succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: watcher
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Azazel
Zodiac:

HonkPills wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:35 pm I'm very much so not an experienced keeper at all, even after all this time I cannot feel or really communicate with my friends, but one thing I want to eventually work up to, once I get past those barriers, is hosting or body possession. My spirits know this, and some servitors were built with this in mind. Most of my spirit friends are servitors, but I also have a large group of dragons.

Even though I can't hear them back, I try to communicate by holding the main vessel and just thinking. This time, In the morning, I was a bit sad about my lack of progress and some other things in my life, and vented to my spirits a bit. I then took a nap.

When I woke up, my arm was seemingly moving on its own. It did some elaborate movement for about 3 seconds, then just stopped. I was flabbergasted and asked if it could be one of my spirits. I didn't really believe that it was me on my own, because I tried to replicate it with the same hand, but it was no where near as flawless as it was.

To test further, I communicated with them again, and told them, once I wake up again, to make a certain gesture with my hand, so I know which spirit exactly is doing this. I set different gestures for each spirit to know who it would be.

And then I slept, and woke up again. This time, my whole upper body shifted, and my hand made a gesture of one particular servitor. Once again it was only about 3 seconds before ending.

Excited, I tried one more experiment, this time asking the spirit to please control my voice, perhaps saying their name as I wake. However, this experiment produced no results. I'm chalking that one up to probably being a bit more difficult than just moving a limb.

So... what's happening here exactly? Would this be classified as some sort of possession? I'm really excited and I want to work with this further, but i'm not exactly sure why it happens for only for a short duration, or only directly after I wake up. I know that I was fully awake, so I don't think that it could be something like a hypnagogic state. I want to first begin by lengthening the duration, but have no idea where to begin.

Always be careful when giving permission. Remember boundaries are always important!!! Blessings and love. Also maybe your spirits are trying to send you a message. Maybe they're waiting for the right time to surprise you. I know mine love giving me gifts in the form of "haha made you look" sort of way and also they teach me patience too which is another form of touch love!!! They do have a way of moving at their own pace smh... I get kind of irritated sometimes when I hit telepathic blocks. Sometimes meditation just doesnt cut it yanno.

One way to connect super fast with your spirits is to telepathically connect with people in yoru local community (SAFELY) it trains the bain faster... I started telepathically talking to people around me and kinda like pushups my brain got stronger at it... And now when I go to reach out to my spirits they can hear me better... Took me a couple of years to get telepathy under my belt on a basic level. I've had my booty handed to me by plenty of people telepathically... What doesnt kill you makes you stronger but yeah... Telepathy with physical people will shoot you straight into the chat box with your spirits for sure. At least for me an I cant stress safety enough. Physically as well. Cheers and love!

"𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔞𝔦𝔫 𝔦𝔫 𝔪𝔶 𝔯𝔦𝔟𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔟𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔠𝔯𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔲𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔬𝔬𝔫 𝔞𝔰 𝔪𝔶 𝔬𝔯𝔤𝔞𝔫𝔰 𝔰𝔢𝔱 𝔬𝔫 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢..”
- 𝔍𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔚𝔬𝔩𝔣𝔢 ℌ𝔦𝔱𝔩𝔢𝔯

Spirit Family: Succubus(1), Mediterranean Vamp(1), Star Fae(1), Red Dragon(1), Courtwind Angel(1), Hellhound(1), Loa Legba(1), Loa Eshu(1), Wraith(2), Succubus Warrior(1), Vampire Queen(1), Manananggal(1), Baobhan Sith(1), Werewolf(1)

Angel Family:
Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Azrael

Demon Family:
Baal, Azazel, Lilith
Satella
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

ASTER wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:41 am
Clairsentience (clear feeling): Able to perceive information by way of emphatic feelings and emotions from spirit

Clairvoyant (clear vision): Able to see with the mind’s eye objects, colors, symbols, people, spirits, or scenes (these pictures are not visible to the naked eye and usually flash into the medium’s mind)

Clairaudient (clear hearing): Able to perceive sounds or words from sources broadcasting from a spiritual realm

Clairempathy (clear emotion): Able to sense or "feel" within oneself the attitude or emotions of another person

Clairgustance (clear tasting): Able to discern the essence of a substance through taste from spirit

Clairscent (clear smelling): Able to smell a fragrance or odor coming from the spirit

Clairtangency (clear touching): Able to perceive information about an article or its owner or history by holding an object or by touching someone or something (this ability is commonly known as psychometry)

The second type of mediumship is physical mediumship and it differs from mental mediumship. In physical mediumship, the actual physical body is used to obtain information from spirit. In mental mediumship, only the mind of the medium is utilized. Channeling is a well-known form of physical mediumship. A trance medium (someone who goes into a trance state to relay messages from the other side) is another type of physical medium.

Certain individuals are more prone to mediumship than others. Usually they must develop natural psychic abilities and mediumship skills over a period of time.
Oh, thank you soo much for all this info, I honestly don’t do much research on terms and such. I love how I pretty much do all of these on a daily basis and kinda take them for granted, Lul. I feel abit silly, not even know these terms and talking about channelling, guess I’m more of a practical peep. Anyway loved all the wonderful explanations for all the terms, I am sure others will find it useful as well!

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte

I host my spirits, if my understanding of what you mean by hosting is correct. When I go through possession it is voluntary and mutual. I had to learn how to do that though because I suppressed a lot when I was young. This can be a way of possession, but I would rule out anything else because there are many other things it can be. If you find out that this is possession there are some reasons that it happens for a short duration. In my case I had a lot of blockages. Typically blockages are the reason why the duration is short, but everyone's journey is different and this may not be the case. It is easier to possess when you wake up because your mind goes from delta waves to theta waves. If you are in trance like state you will be in a theta wave frequency. I hope this helps, and wish you the best luck with your journey!

HonkPills
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Anonymously anonymous wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:14 am I host my spirits, if my understanding of what you mean by hosting is correct. When I go through possession it is voluntary and mutual. I had to learn how to do that though because I suppressed a lot when I was young. This can be a way of possession, but I would rule out anything else because there are many other things it can be. If you find out that this is possession there are some reasons that it happens for a short duration. In my case I had a lot of blockages. Typically blockages are the reason why the duration is short, but everyone's journey is different and this may not be the case. It is easier to possess when you wake up because your mind goes from delta waves to theta waves. If you are in trance like state you will be in a theta wave frequency. I hope this helps, and wish you the best luck with your journey!
I always love hearing from others who are able to host. Thank you for the advice! I've never really thought too much about blockages but I should try to clear them.

I also wanted to ask, for you at least, does a trance-like state help you with hosting? Or is there another method that helps you achieve it?

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

HonkPills wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:35 pm I'm very much so not an experienced keeper at all, even after all this time I cannot feel or really communicate with my friends, but one thing I want to eventually work up to, once I get past those barriers, is hosting or body possession. My spirits know this, and some servitors were built with this in mind. Most of my spirit friends are servitors, but I also have a large group of dragons.

Your companions simply utilize your body to communicate with you; it's not a form of possession. Think of it as their way of connecting and engaging with you, using the vessel you inhabit.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”