Lit-divination: What your favourite books say about you...

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

ensa wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:24 pm This is a great thread, sharing the love for literature is amazing in itself. <3

I mostly read comics but the some of the books and short stories I enjoy are the following:
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Martian book by Andy Weir
May Day Eve short story by Nick Joaquin
Monster manga by Naoki Urasawa
Oh yes, I should have mentioned this. I really do love comics/illustrated novels, too.

owl23
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male

My favorite novels are Warlock of the Magus World by Wen Chao Gong and City of Sin by Yanyu Jiangnan.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I love this thread!
It's fun to see what everyone likes, and it builds an image of who you are and how you spend your time.
My favorite books are the Witcher original series (translated by fans), the Outlander series, and Pride and Prejudice.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Osean
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

The easier question would be what books I don’t like. I pretty much read most genres but my favorite is urban fantasy or paranormal. When I was a kid it was Alice in wonderland

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

It's hard to choose a particular book. I really enjoy the Winterlands series by Barbara Hambly (Dragonsbane, et al), and the Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop. I suppose if I had to choose an absolute favorite, it would be Dragonsbane. I also really enjoy Junji Ito's works, particularly Uzumaki. Aaaand may as well toss in Ancient Magus' Bride, if I'm going to be mentioning manga.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

I should have thrown in a few of mine - Dangerous Liaisons by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos, Despair by Nabokov, The Schrödinger's Cat Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson, Nadja by André Breton, anything of Oscar Wilde's. These are just works I find re-readable.

Going with the first that come to mind is perfectly fine for this.

I'll be back when I have adequate time to tell you my impressions...

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Light bulb moment!! I just got what this list says about me: which is how much I'm synced in to ancient energy - which, spookily, you told me in a reading @Vipera aspis atra. I kind of knew this but I thought it began when I bought the book Chinese Yoga in 1980. But this list makes me see that it predates that.

Yet again, thanks @Vipera aspis atra.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay...the list...

Legend by David Gemmell (Plus any of his books with The Thirty in them: warrior priests of the light who leave their bodies to fight astrally...in fact all of his fiction.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(Gemmell_novel)

Dawn of Empire by Sam Barone (It really took me back to ancient times at the dawn of civilisation)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/438 ... _of_Empire

Initiation by Elisabeth Haich (Included her lucid memories of initiation into the hidden mystical teachings of the priesthood in ancient Egypt.)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/619040.Initiation

Initiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon (This came into my life at a pivotal moment in my life in 1972, when I was a 21 year old hippy. )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initiation_Into_Hermetics

Chinese Yoga by Stephen Chang (Some of the exercises in this are 5,000 years old. Changed my life.)

When young...

The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe
The Hobbit & LOTR
Alice in Wonderland

I have stacks of books and a full Kindle library. I tend to read a lot of ancient military fiction in recent years, preferably with spiritual elements.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Hawke
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

This is really hard, especially when you throw non-fiction into the mix and generaly don't have favorites. But I love this thread and to see what other people are reading!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Oo nice topic. Some deja vu feeling about this : D
The book that made me like to read is Curtain by Agatha Christie. I had the complete Poirot series at home because of that book, although not sure where they are now.
Then The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, borrowed from my friend. He also lent me Sophie's World by another author, it's interesting but not as engaging as The Alchemist.
The most memorable one is Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa. It's a big book, and I read this right before university's entrance exam, every midnight when everyone's asleep for around two weeks : P
I think the last fictions I liked are Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I remember them because several of my colleagues argued about who could play the protagonist well for the movies, until the movies came out and everyone's disappointed : p

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

This is hard because I have a habit of not finish the book I was reading. These are my favorite books that I actually finished
The Seven Realms Novel series by Cinda Williams Chima
Knights of the Zodiac/Sain Seiya manga series by Masami Kurumada
How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill
Feeling is the secret by Neville Goddard
The power of awareness by Neville Goddard

Return to “Books & Literature”